Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this auction .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/production-m...item1c50e528d5

Now I don't know if it is real. and I am leaning towards no,but if it is this would be cool as hell to own.

My major problem is that,production on GL started in 2009 and Tron Legacy was released in 2010. Those time lines don't seem to add up.

If anyone can prove me wrong though and place a vaiiad connection between the productions let me know other wise what do you guys think?

Is it cool,Is it fake,if It could be proven is it worth 800 bucks?
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

The time lines seem possible. This would have been used in tests for GL in 2009 sometime, and Tron Legacy had already shown a Teaser in 2008, I believe. It seems possible that they would have had a Tron costume available for modification when they were starting production on GL.

Whether it is what it purports to be is something about which I know nothing, but I don't think it can be discounted solely on the basis of the timeline.

Comment

Well here is my theroy. One I have it on good athourity no physical costume for Green Lantern was ever made.

I herd that production for GL started in 2009. I herd that Tron psyhcal production started in 2010 and ended in 2010.

Wich leads me to believe that Tron Costumes would not be made available until late 2010,wich I would assumeproduction for Green Lantern would have settled on the CGI costume by then. I have it on good athourity that some people from costumes on Tron also worked on GL but no one can confirm if there was ever a mock up used. My sources that have gotten back to me say it is unlikley.

Comment

Maybe the seller just got the dates wrong
        I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Well, if Rotten is right, then it isn't just that the seller got the dates wrong, it would mean that there were NEVER any physical Tron Legacy costumes available for testing during the time that GL would have been making decisions on the costume.

Comment

That's true. I guess I meant IF there was one made then maybe he got the dates wrong.
            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

I have seen production art dated back to 2009,but I was not there. I know a handfull of people worked on both films in the costumes department. It seems possible, but I am not going to take a 800 dollar chance.

That said if it is the real deal,that may be the coolest thing in anybodies Green Lantern Collection ever.

Comment

Shame it doesn't look nicer, though. If I were spending $800 on something like that, I'd want something I could display such that people would say, "Cool!" just from looking at it, without having to have the whole thing explained. IMHO, this doesn't actually LOOK all that impressive.

Comment

Real or not real, after looking at that picture, anybody that would pay $800 for it is a moron.

Comment

I've been watching this one for a while. My feeling is that it may very well be a legit costume test. I just passed on it because of a lack of interest in items that were rejected, and never MADE it to the film. That's a lot of money to pay for something they turned down.

Same with artwork. I can't bring myself to by pages that were unused for my original artwork collection.

Comment

The seller has a 100% positive feedback rating with 1000+ transactions, so it just might be a real prop. It wouldn't be worth taking a chance on as it was never used in an official capacity.

The chest piece would be pretty cool to mod for cosplay, but NOT for $800. You can mod your own foam for less than half of that cost.
                      Sylent_Asassin
                      Black Lantern
                      Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 04-10-2015, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I thought I would post it here. If someone bought it that was not me I would want it to go into the hands of a real Green Lantern fan. That is the kinda thing that would be cool if warriors was a real place.

It's also a looks latex and latex is not ment to last. As a basic collector I would not even begin to know how to take care of it.

Comment

i'd give him a $100 for this, but not $800

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                          X