No announcement yet.

Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a friend named Norman and when he comes over the fam often say "Nohrm!"

Comment

• http://variety.com/2015/film/news/me...ad-1201633801/

Melissa Mathison, who was Oscar-nominated for original screenplay for Spielberg’s “E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial” and also wrote “The Black Stallion,” died Wednesday in Los Angeles after an illness, her brother Dirk Mathison confirmed. She was 65.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        I have a friend named Norman and when he comes over the fam often say "Nohrm!"
        I wish I had a friend named Norman so I could do that...

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
          http://variety.com/2015/film/news/me...ad-1201633801/

Melissa Mathison, who was Oscar-nominated for original screenplay for Spielberg’s “E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial” and also wrote “The Black Stallion,” died Wednesday in Los Angeles after an illness, her brother Dirk Mathison confirmed. She was 65.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/geor...le-1201634668/

George Barris, the creator of the Batmobile and other TV and movie vehicles, died Thursday, his son, Brett, announced on Facebook. He was 89.

Comment

• Yo.

/salute
              /kneel
              /mourn

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Gunnar Hansen, killer of 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre,' dies of Pancreatic Cancer

Gunnar Hansen, who played the iconic villain Leatherface in the original "Texas Chain Saw Massacre," died Saturday of pancreatic cancer at his home in Maine, his agent said. He was 68.

Hansen starred in the 1974 film that has become a classic among horror-movie aficionados and spawned a series of sequels. In the movie, friends visiting their grandfather's house are hunted by Leatherface, a chain-saw wielding maniac.

Hansen's character in the movie "is one of the most iconic evil figures in the history of cinema," said his agent, Mike Eisenstadt, who confirmed the death.

In 2013, Hansen published his book "Chain Saw Confidential," which gave readers a behind-the-scenes look at how the film was made, Eisenstadt said.

Hansen lived in Maine for about 40 years, where he worked as an actor and writer, Eisenstadt said.

At the time of his death, Hansen was at work on a film called "Death House," his agent said. Hansen was a writer and producer of the film, which the Internet Movie Database says is about how a secret government facility becomes ground zero for the most horrific prison break in the history of mankind. The film is scheduled to come out next year, Eisenstadt said.

Hansen was born in Reykjavik, Iceland. He came to the U.S. and studied at the University of Texas, where he majored in English and Scandinavian Studies, Eisenstadt said.

Surviving Hansen is his partner of 13 years, Betty Tower.
                Guess, I know what I'm watching tonight. I just met him at a con this past Spring. He must've been sick already, but maybe he didn't know.

Comment

• That's sad. Only 68...

Comment

• "The Saw IS family."

Godspeed, Sir.

Comment

• Star Wars fan who saw TFA early loses battle with cancer

http://www.ktre.com/story/30478633/e...le-with-cancer

Godspeed, brother Daniel Fleetwood

May you reside in the living Force

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-05 View Post
                        Star Wars fan who saw TFA early loses battle with cancer

that is really depressing at 32
                        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Wow, that was REALLY close. He just saw the movie last Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                            Wow, that was REALLY close. He just saw the movie last Thursday.
                            are you still wondering if disney made him sign a nda?
                            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                              are you still wondering if disney made him sign a nda?
                              I didn't actually wonder that. I expressed a lack of surprise at the possibility, and a belief that asking him to sign one wouldn't be insulting, but until somebody else mentioned it, I don't think it even occurred to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-05 View Post
                                Star Wars fan who saw TFA early loses battle with cancer

It was very nice of them to do that for him. Sad that he passed but very happy that he got his dying wish.

My question is, what did he THINK of it?

Comment

Working...
                                X