The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > Introduce yourself!
FLASHCHAT

Introduce Yourself
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2017, 01:29 AM   #26
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 15,666
Default

Man that was forever ago. I was posting there in '99 and maybe '98 too. So many interesting posters there on all the forums. Remember the tranny that was huge into WW and was CONSTANTLY bringing up the need for an action figure of her with ROOTED hair? He went on about it for years.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #27
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Lantern View Post
As far as inviting, I think the people are okay, for the most part, but I agree on the same topics over and over again. This forum has pretty much just been Trey Strain's mental masturbation for a while. Nearly every discussion comes down to his (in my opinion, bad) ideas for how to fix Green Lantern, because he brings that stuff up everywhere he posts, and that discussion is interesting one, maybe two times, but not forty two.

Members like that on forums are interesting (I've had some before on my aforementioned board), because, while it's true they are probably the main ones putting out content and creating discussion for the forum, the quality of discussion is very poor, because, in this case, it's so redundant. So, it's like, what do you do? Stomach the bad discussion, because maybe bad discussion is better than no discussion, or do you put a plug on that somehow, and if you do, will that hurt the forum even more? An interesting dilemma.
I've never been anything but civil to you. You just have some unusual idea about the Guardians and you assume that I don't like it, and you're offended. What in the hell?

BTW, your artwork looks like a third grader drew it, but I've been too polite to tell you that. Now that you've been rude to me, I'll feel free to say so. I could draw better with my left hand. Sorry to pop your bubble.

If you have anything interesting to say, then start a thread and say it. I'm not stopping you. I post only in a small minority of threads, and it's usually the ones I've started. People have stopped talking about Green Lantern everywhere, not just here. But you claim that I've stopped them. That's rich. People have stopped talking about Green Lantern for the same reason they've stopped buying it -- because it just sucks. But by God, DC had damned well better not reboot it! Fifteen fanboys might have a fatal stroke, and DC would lose $45 a month!

Meanwhile, on this backwater message board, I've said that the ring constructs are childish, and some people are appalled by that. I've also said that GL shouldn't be all about Hal, because even after all the pushing he's got, he still isn't a star, and some people are appalled by that too. That's the problem on message boards. Aging fanboys go there to adamantly fight for and protect their favorite characters and tropes, even though they don't sell any comics, and to hell with anything else. What that's all about is mutual masturbation by a handful of geezers.

OK, they're entitled to do that. But so what? If someone has the audacity to not join in the whacking, then they'll just have to deal with it.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-05-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Trey Strain is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #28
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,073
Default

hey it's up to 84 now
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #29
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
hey it's up to 84 now
Then they'd lose $60 a month if those 15 fanboys died of strokes. They'd pick up a lot more than $60 in increased business.
Trey Strain is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #30
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,090
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Fucking Christ did he bring his vision of GL into ANOTHER conversation?! It's quite literally in every topic he posts in....

~//V\\~
__________________
Ωmega Man is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 03:57 PM   #31
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,090
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Meanwhile, on this backwater message board...
If you don't like it, do us all a favor and GTFO. Nobody will shed a tear.

~//V\\~
__________________
Ωmega Man is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #32
buffalorock
Manhunter Repairman
 
buffalorock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 323
Default

Eh, I'm not very talkative because I don't feel I have much to say, or I might be too positive some weeks.

I don't think current GL stuff is very exciting or very interesting. I don't think its terrible but I can see why people that read wouldn't care to converse much on GL-centric site.

I'm probably one of the 81 or 84 but I like to check in while at work to distract myself, even if I can't contribute much. I share a lot of the same interests as a lot of the folks here, but I'm probably not as die-hard since there are many details I seem to miss.
buffalorock is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #33
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 15,666
Default

Maybe we could ALL stand to be a bit more civil to each other. The forum is getting to the point that the GL comics are so bad/uninteresting, that we are finally turning on our own. Out of boredom as much as out of frustration that the Green Lantern franchise isn't as good as it once was. I'm as guilty as anybody else. It seems there are only so many times we can handle talking about the same exact things over and over, and the loss of new content, news and discussion has taken its toll.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #34
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern
 
Sylent_Asassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern California Valley
Posts: 16,393
Blog Entries: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
Fucking Christ did he bring his vision of GL into ANOTHER conversation?! It's quite literally in every topic he posts in....

~//V\\~
The funny thing about that is another former user (who will remain nameless) said the same thing when I asked why he doesn't post on the boards anymore.

If anyone is friends on Facebook with A-Train, you'll notice that quite a few former members who were once pillars of this message board community post quite frequently on his topics.

Perhaps a war of words between Trey and Star will spice up activity around here. Ion's love live, or lack thereof, is what kept me coming back because each post was more unbelievable than the last; it was like a twisted, soft core soap opera that you couldn't change the channel from.

Anyway, like I previously stated, toys and comic conventions were my bread and butter, but since no one posts about that, I don't really have much to talk about. No one talks sports anymore either. I think Dave should bring back Tazz. His crazy antics always boosted activity.
__________________
Sylent_Asassin is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #35
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 15,666
Default

You guys always SAY you want me to bring back Tazz, but then you always regret it when I break down and DO it!
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #36
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 15,666
Default

I miss A Train. tell him I said hi!
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 04:51 PM   #37
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 25,439
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I don't thing there is any one action (certainly not banning or un-banning) an individual that's going to bring people back in droves. As some of you have suggested, these things ebb and flow. I've cut back on my comics discussions, but I seem to still be able to talk movies. I'm good so long as you guys don't shut down. I'd rather talk among 81 of us than none!
__________________
Space Cop is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 04:54 PM   #38
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 15,666
Default

I don't think we ever needed a LOT of people, I tend to like smaller communities where everyone knows everyone else there. I just miss some of the good posters that have moved on.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #39
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,754
Default

If you jump into a thread I've started and object to what I've said, then there's a good chance I'll respond to you. And if you get personal in your response, then I'll probably respond in kind. What else would you expect?

The unfortunate fact is that I write most of the interesting posts that get written here, and I ignore 90 percent of what anyone else writes. Yet two ass-hats who have dreams of writing Green Lantern claim that I've somehow killed the people's interest in this declining property and, by extension, in their aspirations. Yeah. All 20 or so people who regularly post here.

You two will never write Green Lantern. Give it up. It's not going to happen. And I had nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-05-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Trey Strain is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 05:05 PM   #40
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 15,666
Default

Nobody here is ever going to work for DC. I'm not sure why anyone would WANT to these days. Their best days are long behind them.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #41
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,090
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I still see Maverick, Shingo Wol, and Murdock 2814 on my Facebook when I bother signing on. Shingo got friggin' married a couple years back!

I know back a few years ago when people were leaving the site it had to do with posters berating them for having their own views or for bringing up something personal only to have it attacked by the same people. And clever trolls wording things in a way to piss off posters specifically to get them banned. One that comes to mind is Trey baiting I believe {edit: wasn't Lishego, can't remember his name though] was it? I *think* it was the guy in my RP who used a Sinestro Corps character that looked like a lion in the Cult of Parallax. Anyway... yeah. Trey baited him, he said something too out of line in response, and got banned for a couple days. When he left it was specifically because trolls were treated better than most other posters and got away with way too much. Pretty sure Naysay mocking Shingo was the reason he left.

Seriously though... I always had a vision or two for Kyle Rayner. However I don't post it in every single thread I post in that has to do with GL or DC in general. And I don't pretend to talk to Jim Lee and Dan Didio in half the responses either.

I also think visually this place needs a facelift. I've got somebody I'm working with on a new banner image with all the GL's drawn by one artists [EVS] but the site could really use an update.

~//V\\~
__________________

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 07-05-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Ωmega Man is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #42
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
You guys always SAY you want me to bring back Tazz, but then you always regret it when I break down and DO it!
N

do not bring Tazz back, it's not worth it (besides last time it wasn't even the real Tazz, it was some faker )
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #43
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 15,666
Default

Ion, that really WAS tazz last time. I'm not pulling your leg.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #44
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 15,666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
I still see Maverick, Shingo Wol, and Murdock 2814 on my Facebook when I bother signing on. Shingo got friggin' married a couple years back!

I know back a few years ago when people were leaving the site it had to do with posters berating them for having their own views or for bringing up something personal only to have it attacked by the same people. And clever trolls wording things in a way to piss off posters specifically to get them banned. One that comes to mind is Trey baiting I believe {edit: wasn't Lishego, can't remember his name though] was it? I *think* it was the guy in my RP who used a Sinestro Corps character that looked like a lion in the Cult of Parallax. Anyway... yeah. Trey baited him, he said something too out of line in response, and got banned for a couple days. When he left it was specifically because trolls were treated better than most other posters and got away with way too much. Pretty sure Naysay mocking Shingo was the reason he left.

Seriously though... I always had a vision or two for Kyle Rayner. However I don't post it in every single thread I post in that has to do with GL or DC in general. And I don't pretend to talk to Jim Lee and Dan Didio in half the responses either.

I also think visually this place needs a facelift. I've got somebody I'm working with on a new banner image with all the GL's drawn by one artists [EVS] but the site could really use an update.

~//V\\~
I would love a new banner with the six current human GLs in their current uniforms. I'd put it up if you can get me one that looks good.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #45
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
Ion, that really WAS tazz last time. I'm not pulling your leg.
sure it was Dave, sure it was
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 05:58 PM   #46
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,090
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
The unfortunate fact is that I write most of the interesting posts that get written here, and I ignore 90 percent of what anyone else writes. Yet two ass-hats who have dreams of writing Green Lantern claim that I've somehow killed the people's interest in this declining property and, by extension, in their aspirations. Yeah. All 20 or so people who regularly post here.

You two will never write Green Lantern. Give it up. It's not going to happen. And I had nothing to do with it.
What did I say about baiting? LMAO

What Star Lantern said about this being Trey's soapbox is made valid with Trey's above statement. He doesn't care what any of us think, has negative opinions about DC fans and everyone in general, and literally just called the forum and by extension all of us backwater. Every discussion boils down to his ideas for GL [and other times any DC property, remember the Legion and Martian Manhunter arguments?] being superior to anyone's fan or pro. Once or twice was fine, every discussion [even in this thread for the introduce yourselves] is ridiculous. If anybody else speaks up about it he'll likely berate you in some way as well and throw your fandom up in your face. He's looking for that one person who agrees with him somewhere in 20-something threads, but it's like looking for Waldo.

And how many people of those 20 he claims post here are fans of his work and giving his thread in Fan Works [with no actual work in them] the views it's getting? Now we're not only expected to believe he's in good with Jim and Dan but that people follow his work around the internet clicking links here and there to go elsewhere... and then don't actual post anything positive about his work?

And make no mistake, don't think you've effected my aspirations in the slightest. I can tell a story within a shared universe setting just fine, and people respond positive to my work. Don't hate because you get no love. You gotta give people respect if you ever wanna get any. Learn how to take a negative criticism.

~//V\\~
__________________
Ωmega Man is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 07:34 PM   #47
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends
 
Booster Beetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6,940
Default

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Ion

Don't bring back Tazz Dave, Trey's BS is annoying but he's nowhere near as terrible as Tazz
__________________


Booster Beetle is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #48
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 15,666
Default

Lol, I was only joking. Bringing back Tazz is like using the nuclear option around here. We keep him in a vibranium vault, 16 levels down here.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 10:32 PM   #49
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern
 
Sylent_Asassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern California Valley
Posts: 16,393
Blog Entries: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
I still see Maverick, Shingo Wol, and Murdock 2814 on my Facebook when I bother signing on. Shingo got friggin' married a couple years back!

I know back a few years ago when people were leaving the site it had to do with posters berating them for having their own views or for bringing up something personal only to have it attacked by the same people. And clever trolls wording things in a way to piss off posters specifically to get them banned. One that comes to mind is Trey baiting I believe {edit: wasn't Lishego, can't remember his name though] was it? I *think* it was the guy in my RP who used a Sinestro Corps character that looked like a lion in the Cult of Parallax. Anyway... yeah. Trey baited him, he said something too out of line in response, and got banned for a couple days. When he left it was specifically because trolls were treated better than most other posters and got away with way too much. Pretty sure Naysay mocking Shingo was the reason he left.

~//V\\~
Are you referring to Xander or Zander? I remember him going nuts about something or other and then never being seen again. I forgot the reason. Same thing happened with Razorgod. He got into it with Tazer and never posted again. I don't remember Naysay mocking Shingo. I do remember Bruce Castle constantly calling him "dog boy," though. Bruce Castle... Now THAT'S a guy that chased away members, particularly the female members.

I stay somewhat connected with CFJ28, Carol Ferris and Nevermore via social media. Heck, Nevermore got me passes to SDCC this year. I periodically see Train's posts on FB and Robinson, Johnny V, Heide and Fearless show up on to respond on occasion. Quite a few former posters are active on Facebook, but since GL fell off the cliff of relevance by a poor box office showing, that really killed the franchise... and subsequently, this message board. Even animation studios are afraid to touch GL with a 10 ft. magic lasso. Just last weekend, JL Animated had an episode with Kanjar Ro AND Qwardians with NO GL appearance!!! They'd rather give Space Cabbie face time than GL!!

Dave, you know you want to let Tazz out of that vault. Do it! Let the evil genie out of the bottle! It is your destiny! Relax, I'm only kidding. Tazz probably moved on too.


__________________
Sylent_Asassin is offline  
Old 07-06-2017, 12:55 AM   #50
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 25,439
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
[COLOR="Lime"]... I do remember Bruce Castle constantly calling him "dog boy," though. Bruce Castle... Now THAT'S a guy that chased away members, particularly the female members. ...
Bruce was the first guy here to friend me. I miss him. We e-mailed a couple times after he left (he warned me when he was going), but I lost touch with him, unfortunately, just like Abin Surly. Maybe I'd keep better contact with some of the departers if I were on Facebook, but I just can't do the full social media thing (tried it for two weeks and hated it).
__________________

Last edited by Space Cop; 07-06-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Space Cop is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.