Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Cruise for Hal? Chris McQuarrie for director?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
    Where did the new director say this? Because everything I've read suggests he's doing a Batman film earlier in this cinematic version of the character's career, and they would indeed be looking for a new actor for Batman.
    FAKE news. All fake.

It seems like one of the first things leading up to the Flashpoint film will be WB finding their new Batman and Joker moving forward. Afleck and Leto might have another film in their contracts, but that doesn't exactly mean it'll be the solo Batman movie or the Joker origin film for either one of them.
    Films in their contracts doesn't mean anything. Reynolds probably had a 3 picture deal with Green Lantern... it doesn't mean they HAVE to put him in anything, it just means they can force him to if they want to.

Comment

I still have serious doubts this movie will come to be. But if it does, the buddy cop concept is awesome. I love that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
        FAKE news. All fake.

Films in their contracts doesn't mean anything. Reynolds probably had a 3 picture deal with Green Lantern... it doesn't mean they HAVE to put him in anything, it just means they can force him to if they want to.
        Why would they discuss replacing Joker and NOT Batman? That wouldn't make much sense now would it?

I'd make Hal early to mid 30's, John mid to late 20's. If the GLC film becomes a trilogy, if they add more Earth Lanterns somewhere especially, I'd legit have Hal getting the gray streaks and it not be tied to Parallax... or maybe go into Parallax if they wanna make him the big bad for phase 2 or whatever you'd call it.

~//V\\~

Comment

The Cruise gossip seems more like buzz to create interest around the movie. I suppose the main thing to take away from this is that the movie isn't dead but instead making small steps forward.

Comment

This isn't happening, and while Cruise looks good for his age, he's way too old to play Hal, or at least the age I want Hal to be. I don't like the seasoned veteran Hal right now.

Comment

This once again shows DC's lowest-hanging-fruit casting mentality. The lead from Top Gun as Hal Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                12+ years ago maybe, but now? No.... so much no. WB's answer to making a movie work is to hire a big name actor. Did Ben Afleck save Batman? No he did not. Will Jason Mamoa save Aquaman... probably not.

Chris Pine was offered GL and when he saw the script for WW he knew which role to take. There went the perfect Hal right there...

~//V\\~
                Question, in the mess of a DCmovieverse, could Hal be a descendant of Steve Trevor? Would create a strange tension between Hal and Diana. Heck if Steve Rodgers can date two generations of Agent Carters why can't Diana do Hal and an ancestor? Even if you are virtually immortal you still have a type. So Pine as Hal isn't off the board.

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                  Question, in the mess of a DCmovieverse, could Hal be a descendant of Steve Trevor? Would create a strange tension between Hal and Diana. Heck if Steve Rodgers can date two generations of Agent Carters why can't Diana do Hal and an ancestor? Even if you are virtually immortal you still have a type. So Pine as Hal isn't off the board.
                  That's... really stretching things to accommodate wishful thinking. I think if Chris Pine wanted to play Hal Jordan and was offered it, he'd just take the role instead of Steve Trevor. If he didn't take the role, I don't think he will, and I don't think there would be any connection to Steve Trevor and Hal Jordan to even warrant something like that. Also, I highly doubt there will be a romance between Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan in the movies, if that's what you're suggesting as a possibility. If she were to get with some super hero, I imagine it would be either Batman or Superman (most likely Batman, since Superman already has a love interest), based on history... and her rather high status in the DC pantheon. In other words, it's a funny thought, but they seem to be the only two superheroes worthy of her, based on the people who have done major projects with these characters. Wonder Woman and Green Lantern just doesn't carry the same weight as Wonder Woman and Batman or Superman.
                  Star-Lantern
                  Weaponer of Qward
                  Last edited by Star-Lantern; 05-17-2018, 11:26 AM.
                  ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                    ... If she were to get with some super hero, I imagine it would be either Batman or Superman (most likely Batman, since Superman already has a love interest), based on history... and her rather high status in the DC pantheon. . .
                    Are you saying Diana would be "slumming it" if she knocked boots with Hal?

Comment

Diana should consider herself LUCKY to be a notch on Hal Jordan's bedpost!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                        Diana should consider herself LUCKY to be a notch on Hal Jordan's bedpost!
                        Ha--like being a Bond girl.

Comment

Smells like FAKE news, but... maybe:

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/08/15/...-cruise-rumor/

Comment

Sounds fake to me.

Comment

It's bullshit. It's an attempt to resurrect the property as a movie franchise

Comment

Working...
                              X