The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 05-01-2017, 02:14 AM   #1
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Exclamation DC Streaming Service

So... a live action Titans is still in the works after all and written by Geoff Johns no less and for the new DC Comics Streaming Service. Along with Young Justice Season 3 now being billed as Young Justice: Outsiders other DC superhero related content will surely be added. Is this in response to the rumor Disney/Marvel Entertainment is looking to buyout Netflix? Will we FINALLY have the entirety of Batman TAS streaming somewhere? Or the Superfriends?

Just to start a couple smaller convos, what do you think the roster will look like for this live action Titans? We know Robin will become Nightwing within the context of the series and the last team thrown together for the failed TNT version included Hawk & Dove, Raven, Starfire, and some form of Batgirl/Oracle as well. Geoff has been tweeting pics from his classic '03 Teen Titans series the last few days and mentioned Beast Boy already.

Aside from what the roster looks like, which universe will it tie into? The DCCW tv universe or the DCEU movieverse?

I think it will likely tie into the DCCW universe and include Kid Flash, either Speedy or Arsenal, Nightwing, the aforementioned Beast Boy, along with folks like Raven and Starfire to round out the cast. That in itself is a pretty good roster with a little old and a little new.

I'm excited about the tagline 'Outsiders' for YJ season 3. I hope this means we see Black Lightning, Metamorpho, Geo Force, and Katanna show up. Or maybe the Outsiders could be the kids that included Static and Longshadow?

Who else is excited for this?

~//V\\~
-//V\\- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #2
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I'm typically always excited for new comic book TV shows. However, my bandwidth for them is running low. I'm finding it hard to watch them during the week. So, if this is a pay streaming service, I'll probably pass.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

Batman: the Animated Series has been available on Amazon Prime for a long time. Same for Superman the Animated Series. That said, there are a number of the cartoons that aren't currently available to stream. If the service has the original Teen Titans, Batman: the Brave and the Bold, and Beware the Batman, that'd be worth the price of admission for me personally for at least a month.

As for the Titans, Berlanti's involvement would probably tie it into the CW shows. I have my doubts that the lineup will include Kid Flash or any of the other CW sidekicks though. I feel like CW would like to keep those characters in house, unless the show is set in a different universe. I could be wrong on that front though.

Can't wait for season 3 of YJ. I just hope they cast a good voice actor for Darkseid. No one has come close to Michael Ironside's portrayal.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

If it's a paid streaming service, I'd wait until all the episodes are released and then binge watch and only pay for a month.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
IonFan
Forum Member

i hate too say this but i don't care if all those new show go to streaming only service cause i like MANY others have ways to see this (for free), so go right ahead DC/WB i'll see it one way or another

IonFan says

Quote:
8 years ago i had 40+ hours a week, heath-care, and was full time, i can't say that anymore THAT'S WHY I VOTED TRUMP! (also i wanted to destroy the Rep. party, i didn't think he'd actually win)
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:55 AM   #6
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Honestly the WB content of past shows is one of the only reasons I pay for Netflix. If they just put them all on the one streaming service along with the others that aren't currently available to me... I'd pay for it. Sure, you can pirate the stuff, but half the time the episodes don't match the listing and then it begins to get aggravating. Put all the animated movies on there, Challenge of the Superfriends, classic Aquaman animated, Batman and Superman TAS, the DC Nation shorts, Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go!, JL & JLU, JL Action, maybe the old Swamp Thing animated series, some of the past movies... I'd be all over that.

~//V\\~
-//V\\- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:23 AM   #7
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

I wonder if they'll release all episodes at once or do a weekly thing? If it's weekly, I'd rather wait until all the episodes are released. If they want the service to start out successfully, having all episodes available at once would be the smart move.

Given how niche this streaming service is sounding, it'd be super disappointing if any show were left out. I also expect all the animated DTV movies to be available on the platform.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:29 AM   #8
Space Cop
The Dandy

I don't really watch ongoing TV shows (with just a couple of exceptions due to long loyalty).

If you guys and fans in general loved it, I'd probably try it when the whole thing hit DVD or Netflix.

Last edited by Space Cop; 05-02-2017 at 03:44 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote