Streaming DC UNIVERSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaming DC UNIVERSE

The new trailer is everything and more than I'd hoped for. New shows like YJ season 3, Titans, Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing will be on the service as well as what looks like the ENTIRE DC library. There's animated movies, tv series both old and new including the Fleischer Superman shorts, Batman Beyond, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zh8h1_JyQE

Now what REALLY caught me off guard? The service includes monthly DC Comics. It looks like only the top character's titles, but it was mentioned the service is still just going into Beta testing soon. The idea you could pick monthly comics and series in the future and not JUST what they offer in the beginning has me beyond speechless. There's also a Networking type of feature like PS4 or something, but IDK about social networking in that manner.

The only downside is due to deals with other streaming services [looking at Netflix and Hulu] DC Universe won't have the CW stuff.

On the original content front it's been mentioned the studios are looking at Kelsey Grammer to play the Chief in Doom Patrol... which would be F***ING AMAZING.

With everything finally coming forward about the service what does everybody think? Will this be a new beginning for the digital era of DC Comics?

- Ω

It looks good but it seems like everything is getting it's own streaming service. At some point we'll be paying to stream commercials.
    Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
      It looks good but it seems like everything is getting it's own streaming service. At some point we'll be paying to stream commercials.
      It's true. I can't really afford these. I currently do Netflix and am on a trial run of WWE Network (for old wrestlings shows). Theoretically, I'd love to have Youtube Red, Amazon Prime, CBS Access, and now this, but that's just not practical on my budget.

Comment

DC Universe Series ‘Titans’ To Feature Music by Kevin Kiner

Kevin Kiner is the composer of the upcoming DC Universe series Titans. The show is developed by Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind, I Am Legend), Geoff Johns (Justice League) & Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl) based on the DC Comics characters and stars Brenton Thwaites as Dick Grayson/Robin, Teagan Croft as Raven, Anna Diop as Koriand’r/Starfire, as well as Alan Ritchson, Minka Kelly, Bruno Bichir and Lindsey Gort. The series follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find belonging. Goldsman, Johns & Berlanti are also executive producing the Warner Bros. Television production with Sarah Schechter (Riverdale, Deception). Titans will premiere on DC’s streaming service when it launches later this year.
        He also scored the music for all four seasons of the Superboy TV series from 1988-1992.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/08...y-kevin-kiner/

Comment

for streaming i picked Netflix as my go to, if it's not their/there/they're then i'll look at it illegally or not at all, i for one don't have the money to pay for everything that's coming out only for this site or that site that's just crazy

Netflix or not at all

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

5 to 10 years all these streaming services will realize their cutting up far to small of a pie to survive. At which point the first "Streaming Hub" service will come into being where you pay one price and like with Cable TV pick a "Package" of streaming services to get access to for a single price. Its coming mark my words.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
              5 to 10 years all these streaming services will realize their cutting up far to small of a pie to survive. At which point the first "Streaming Hub" service will come into being where you pay one price and like with Cable TV pick a "Package" of streaming services to get access to for a single price. Its coming mark my words.
              I agree. It's running wild at this point. But it does seem for now that there are a number of people who are willing to pay for two or three services.

Comment

Darth_Andrea
                if true hopefully IT'LL BE AD FREE................... like youTube USE to be

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  It initially might be. But even Netflix is looking at adding ads between shows now. It's something that will happen. I mean IHeart Radio and most "Streaming" services both radio and "Television" are running ads now. Its an inevitability given the massive revenue source that providing ad space can be for these services on top of their subscriptions.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                    I don't mind the Youtube ads so much when I'm watching a long video (like 30 minutes or more), but it's annoying when I just pop in for a movie trailer (which is already an ad!) or a quick song and I have to wait to skip a truck commercial first.

Comment

I am getting really tired of this new motorola phone commercial youtube is playing every 10 seconds.

Comment

It initially might be. But even Netflix is looking at adding ads between shows now. It's something that will happen. I mean IHeart Radio and most "Streaming" services both radio and "Television" are running ads now. Its an inevitability given the massive revenue source that providing ad space can be for these services on top of their subscriptions.

Darth_Andrea
                        if so it better have a F@CKING SKIP BUTTON or i for one will cancel Netflix and see everything illegally (i got Netflix to get away from ads i'll be d@mned if they try and force me back to them)

IonFan says

Comment

DC Universe Limited 50% Membership Discount and Additions to Streaming Library Among Latest Incentives

One of those additions is going to be Green Lantern: The Animated Series for those who have been looking to re-watch it.

Comment

Working...
                          X