The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 03-26-2017, 09:54 PM   #1
haljordan2814
Major Force's Dinner Date

Default Lantern- less Justice League origin. Is it ok??

Justice League trailer inspired me to share this. I guess I'll see how many agree.

https://www.change.org/p/warner-brot...-no_src-no_msg
Old 03-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #2
Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I
First of His Name, King of the Andals and Jägerbombs

I imagine most people here would agree with you. It's not the Justice League without all of the Big 5. And it still bothers me that the Martian Manhunter is no longer one of the original 7.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:25 PM   #3
Evergreen City
Parallax Host

Thumbs up

I have no problem boycotting the film. I still haven't watched the new Superman set at all. Haven't watched Batman vs Superman. None of the new Batman movies either. Not my heroes. Not my generation.

The Justice League without Green Lantern and the Martian Manhunter is just wrong.

Consider it done.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.
Evergreen City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:26 PM   #4
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I don't have a problem with that. It seems to be an admission that they don't yet know what to do with Green Lantern, and it's better to go Lantern-less than to use a Lantern badly.

Marvel built all its characters up piece by piece before they did The Avengers. That showed faith in the characters and in their own ability to make movies. DC has less faith in its characters and its movie making, and with good reason, so they went to the JLA early and left out two characters they seem to be stymied with.
Up next: Two Emerald Knight stories starring Hal.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-26-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:32 PM   #5
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

You can use your characters to sell your all-star movie, or you can use your all-star movie to sell your characters. DC was forced to go the latter, less preferable route. It puts a lot of pressure on JLA to deliver the goods.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:25 AM   #6
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Whether or not it was a good choice, it was always WB's plan to make Justice League and then spin films out of it. Just look at the set-up for Justice League Mortal.

I think if there IS an appearance by a Lantern or the Martian in JL then they should keep it under wraps till the movie premiers.

~//V\\~

-//V\\- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #7
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

DC has Batman and Superman, and Superman is a distant number two. Green Lantern used to be number three, but we all know what happened there, so number three is now the Flash. Wonder Woman is ritually designated as number three, but she isn't.

Marvel has a stronger and deeper stable of characters. Even without the ones they don't have the film rights to, they can field a much better all-star team than DC can.

Does that mean DC can't make a great all-star movie? No. But of course their track record with movies is poor. And Batman is limited in an all-star movie because he has no super-powers.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-27-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:11 PM   #8
BLACK HAND
Fatality's Blacksmith

I'm fine with it but I would like them at least mentioned or name dropped toward the end if this leads into some sort of intergalactic conflict with Darkseid. They need to be part of this universe, but they also need to be done well. I was imagining that maybe a Hal Jordan Green Lantern already does exist in this universe, it's just that Bruce Wayne can't locate him because he has been off planet for years. When Darkseid's forces reach Earth Hal will return to defend his sector.
BLACK HAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:58 PM   #9
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Well, there was internet speculation that an end credit scene to Justice League would feature Albin Sur falling to earth and the ring finding Hal. But, I don't think that will be the case because of the reports of the Green Lantern Corp movie, which features Hal Jordan and John Stewart. This would mean that they would been GLs for awhile.

But I do think it would suck if a Green Lantern does not appear in the Justice League film. However, it looks like the JL film already has its hands full with providing somewhat of origin stories for Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote