Prelude to Blackest Night sum up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prelude to Blackest Night sum up...

As you all know, I don't read GL or GLC anymore... why? Well, you know why.

But there's is something to be said about an event like Blackest Night... and I will be getting it... all of it... so, here I would like to ask you to please sum up the events in GL and GLC post SCW for me, so that I am not lost as the Blackest Night begins.

It will be much appreciated.

Do good. Be well. Make happy.

-Sinestro is Natus dad.

-There are Blue Lanterns that run on hope and require a GL's presence nearby

-There are Red Lanterns that run on anger and most of them want to kill Sinestro

-Mongul and Sinestro basically split the Sin Corps in half...separate factions,separate agendas

-As of right now, Hal Jordan has both a blue lantern ring and green lantern ring.

-The Star Sapphires can "reboot" a person into love rather than fear.

-Fatality has forgiven John. Guy is apparently not fan of the Walt Disney Emotional Spectrum

-Kyle and Natu are officially a couple, continuing his streak of hot colored (alien)women.

-The Guardians have made some new laws. No love within the Corps is the most important(imo).

-Scar bleeds black tears and apparently no one knows.

-Carol is Star Sapphire.

-Many Sinestro Corps members have escaped from their cells.

-Sodom Yat just flew into the sun, most likely to make it yellow so his people can kick ass.

-At some point, Hal returns to Earth and talks to Barry Allen multiple times.

-Mongul has one eye. Bzzd is dead.

I think thats it.

Comment

Thanks... but it really sucks that Bzzd is dead.

Comment

Also some other things that were forgotten:

-Larfleeze is the only living person among the Orange Lantern Corps. Everyone else is an orange light avatar of people he killed.

-Black Central Battery located on Ryut in Sector 666.

-Zamarons have several female Sinestros in crystals trying fill their hearts with love. Nine in ten think this will not work out well...

-Still no concrete information on who the Guardian of Death is going to be. Scar's dialogue indicates that it's male, so Lady Styx is out.

-Indigo Tribe has yet to appear. The boss is a lady also named Indigo. Ganthet is searching for them to form a united front with them and the Green Lanterns against the Black. No word on if the Star Sapphires will be invited.

-Scar also has a giant Book of the Black hidden in the bowels of Oa.

-Blue Lantern rings can override Red Lantern rings, drain Qwardian rings, not be drained by Orange Lantern rings, and strengthen Green Lantern rings.

-The Guardians of the Universe are increasingly becoming too stupid to live.

I think between W. West and I we got everything.

Comment

Sweet, thanks.

Comment

Laira became a Red Lantern and was killed by Sinestro. All happened in front of Jordan.

Blue Lanterns are suggested to make some sort of ultimate sacrifice before they join the corps. There is a cost to their Blueness.
            "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
              As you all know, I don't read GL or GLC anymore... why? Well, you know why.
              may i pry? I'm curious.

Comment

Parry, I think if you where to pick-up the last two to three months of both books they both feel like their back on track and probably in my opinion must read for BN, but that's my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by ion.nai View Post
                  may i pry? I'm curious.
                  Read Here At Your Own Risk. lol

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                    Read Here At Your Own Risk. lol
                    well I Like johns Hal and maybe thats because i dont know to much about hal before rebirth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BF62pYelLU

Comment

Wow... I just read that whole thing... and its still true... if you ever had a face to face conversation with me about Hal Jordan... I love him... up until I get to Rebirth, and then I turn into a bitching SOB, lol. You could ask anyone I've talked about comics with in person more than just in passing. Its obviously there. I'm still a GL fan, through and through... I just loathe what v4 has done with MY hero... and thus, Green Arrow is CURRENTLY my favorite hero, closely followed by Red Arrow.

Comment

Wow... I just read that whole thing... and its still true... if you ever had a face to face conversation with me about Hal Jordan... I love him... up until I get to Rebirth, and then I turn into a bitching SOB, lol. You could ask anyone I've talked about comics with in person more than just in passing. Its obviously there. I'm still a GL fan, through and through... I just loathe what v4 has done with MY hero... and thus, Green Arrow is CURRENTLY my favorite hero, closely followed by Red Arrow.
                        I completely agree with the majority of what you say. I however think that Geoff Johns is a crap writer. This is not to say that he has not churned out some decent work, I just feel that in general he is a bad writer. His treatment of Hal does not respect the great mythos and history that already exists within the character. He is doing the exact same thing right now with Barry Allen. I will never drop GL as a book... never have, never will... I just can't wait for the reigns to be passed on. You really should consider picking up GLC. I think that Tomasi handles the characters extremely well and is setting up some great books for TBN.

Comment

And yet... you mod.... on a GLC forum....

Comment

Originally posted by ion.nai View Post
                            I completely agree with the majority of what you say. I however think that Geoff Johns is a crap writer. This is not to say that he has not churned out some decent work, I just feel that in general he is a bad writer. His treatment of Hal does not respect the great mythos and history that already exists within the character. He is doing the exact same thing right now with Barry Allen. I will never drop GL as a book... never have, never will... I just can't wait for the reigns to be passed on. You really should consider picking up GLC. I think that Tomasi handles the characters extremely well and is setting up some great books for TBN.
                            The 180 he's doing with Barry Allen is apart of the story. Hopefully seeing this kind of Barry will be worth in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                              The 180 he's doing with Barry Allen is apart of the story. Hopefully seeing this kind of Barry will be worth in the end.
                              Well, at this point I can't be bothered to pick up the rest of Flash:Rebirth until i've heard from a reliable source (such as yourself) that it is worthwhile. The first 2 issues did absolutely nothing to interest me. Plus what bugs me the most is why bring Barry back? His death was legendary, and Wally West is already an amazing Flash. Sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X