Alan Scott Redesigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Scott Redesigns

Seeing the new 52 suit is.........well, just plain bad, I thought I'd post ten designs I've done of Alan. I've put a poll above, so vote for your favourite

30.00%
    0.00%
    10.00%
    60.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Hmm. Probably going to go with #1 because I like the high cape on Alan, but I like your black costumes (8 & 9) too.

Comment

Someone actualy likes my #1! When I first posted it, it was not very popular with everyone else. I like it myself though.

I think my vote would have to go with #4 though.
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
        Someone actualy likes my #1! When I first posted it, it was not very popular with everyone else. I like it myself though.

I think my vote would have to go with #4 though.
        I know a lot of people hate Alan's high cape, but I'm not one of them.
        Mind you, it's completely impractical to block your vision that much, but it's still cool.

Comment

I choose none of the above.

Number 10's costume but with both arms just like number 4's left arm.
          Originally posted by fearless2814.1
          ...You're a chore, you know that? You are a chore.

Comment

Number 4's green fire arm is actualy just an ffect I fancied doing.

Comment

Why is he dressed for Christmas?

I think the new suit is fine, mostly, just needs a few tweaks.

Comment

That's the problem. His name's green lantern, but red is Alans primary colour in alot of cases, soo I wanted to stick with it. The current suit would be ok if:
                A) He had a cape.
                B) he had his old logo from the concept drawing instead of the ion logo (it was basicly the hal jordan logo, but with these handles at the side).
                C) In the origional concept of the outfit, his colours are green and black. Now it's just green with a darker green. The darker green really does look camp (although Alan is gay so ).

Comment

Imo in the New 52 he looks far to much like a normal Green Lantern. I always use to like him I even have his pre new 52 bust with ring. Now I just don't know. I hate his current one. I like design #1. Love him having a high collar cape!

Comment

Yeah the high collar is the way foward, I just wish I used it more instead of trying to modernise him too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
                      Why is he dressed for Christmas?

I think the new suit is fine, mostly, just needs a few tweaks.
                      Golden Age fans get really riled up when I say this, but Scott's classic costume is among the worst in any comic book. The bright, clashing colors, the poor design, it looks more like a kid playing dress up in his sister's closet than a super hero. I have always prefered the sleek GL look or the Kingdom Come armor look.

Of the one's you posted, Deadpool, 8 and 9 are my favorites. Cherry red doesn't mesh well with any shade of green. The brick shade, forest green, and understated cape give Scott a more regal, serious look.
                      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Yeah, I'm not really a huge fan of the origional Scott design, infact I think that the creators of the characters had no idea of what a succes GL would be and didn't think he'd last as long as superman or batman. He was probably created in mind he may only last about 10 issues then be forgotten forever.

However, I do love the Sentinal outfit and the kingdom come outfit, hate the new 52 one though. At least give him a fucking cape DC.

really I think the secret to a good costume deisgn is to limit yourself to two colours. That's why most of my designs only have two. ALways though three or more colours looked lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                          Yeah, I'm not really a huge fan of the origional Scott design, infact I think that the creators of the characters had no idea of what a succes GL would be and didn't think he'd last as long as superman or batman. He was probably created in mind he may only last about 10 issues then be forgotten forever.

However, I do love the Sentinal outfit and the kingdom come outfit, hate the new 52 one though. At least give him a fucking cape DC.

really I think the secret to a good costume deisgn is to limit yourself to two colours. That's why most of my designs only have two. ALways though three or more colours looked lazy.
                          That's a good point. Unless a character is being designed as intentionally garish like the Joker, too many colors are a distraction.
                          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Yeah. For example, when batman had that yellow circle round his bat symbol, I thought it looked childish after I saw the one without.

Comment

10 reminds me of the period "sentinel " except for the high cape . But I vote for number one because the belt was old lol

Comment

Working...
                              X