No announcement yet.

Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #3 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For being a GL book that doesn't involve Hal Jordan, I've actually really enjoyed this series so far. But I think a large part of that has been EVS's amazing art so this being his last issue makes me really sad but hopefully they can find a decent replacement. Curious to see how this is all gonna wrap up in just 3 more issues.
    Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

The art isn't bad, but it's weird in some ways to me. I guess some of that can be chalked up to superhero comics. Like, the size of Guy's head in this image. His wrist is nearly as thick as his head, and his hands are massive in relation to his head. Even with that perspective, things shouldn't really work out like that. With some of the art here, it's difficult to tell if it's intentionally like that, or just a mistake. Put your balled up fist to your face, starting at your chin and see where it comes to. It will probably come to about your nose. In the image, it would take up a little over half of Guy's head.

The level of detail is impressive, though, and Van Sciver is really creative with his alien designs. Most of my issues are usually with the proportions and size of the human/human-like characters and sometimes an eye is in the wrong spot or something... Like John's left eye in the image below (on our right side) should be moved in closer to his nose. I guess it's a little weird for me to see a lot of attention, care, and detail given to some things, and then other basic aspects are fundamentally off. But, admittedly, the eye thing here may be a bit nitpicky.

Star-Lantern
      Weaponer of Qward
      Last edited by Star-Lantern; 03-15-2016, 10:50 PM.
      ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
        I voted that it was AWESOME.
        The art sure was. Story is getting there...but always cool to see the EVS draw Green Lanterns.

-Don
        “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Working...
        X