The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 12-26-2018, 10:53 PM   #3576
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I just downloaded and updated it today and then played the (newer) AI version for literally less than a minute.

Today (after seeing Best Buy got them in), I also finally bought the NES Classic, so part of my gaming time was also in setting up/testing that.

I don't have enough friends on XBL to form groups, but I'd probably do it if I was on the right time. Really, I'm not much of a multiplayer guy at all, but that's what this game is primarily about and my Jason fandom outweighed my dislike of people witnessing my gamer suckiness.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:26 AM   #3577
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Almost finished the ungodly lousy story for Storm 4 (seriously, Kishimoto is fucking atrocious at literature). The boss battles are very, very unbalanced: you only get 4 dodges before you have to let your meter slowly recharge, but don't worry, the boss will unleash punishing combos and his infinite dodges to avoid combos and super attacks.

Fucking CyberConnect 2 totally lost their shit on balancing the story fights.

I'll be glad when I have all the characters unlocked and only need to worry about buying up any items I like in the item shop (in-game purchases, not micro-transactions). Getting good ranks (especially S-rank) on the fights to unlock the damn trophies is going to be an absolute chore, and it's already reminding me I never got 100% on Storm 3's achievements.

edit --- Since it is on sale at 80% off, I picked up Journey: Collector's Edition on PSN for less than $5.50 (tax included). Awesome.

Last edited by Agent Purple; 12-27-2018 at 02:19 AM. Reason: JOURNEY
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:13 AM   #3578
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Found South Park: Stick of Truth (PS3) for $6, free SnH. Instant buy.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:41 PM   #3579
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Spider-Man is now part of my collection, hooray for me.
Finished the last of the DLC last weekend. Such a fun great game.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:08 AM   #3580
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

videgamedunkey: Japan World Cup

WARNING -- do not eat or drink while watching

I had to keep pausing this, I was laughing so goddamn hard.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:09 AM   #3581
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

My last gaming accomplishment of 2018 has been achieved, and damn am I proud of myself.

I have gotten then platinum trophy for The Division, only my third platinum ever (Fallout 4 and Destiny being the only others). I am now part of the 2.3% of players to earn every vanilla trophy, and it feels good.

I'm probably going to try and get the other trophies for the Underground DLC, because those really aren't that hard/I'm most of the way done them already. I'd also like to finally do the incursions (most of them, I don't have Stolen Signal and I doubt I ever will), and hopefully the legendary missions.

Tomorrow I am going to start the new year off with a bang: I will pop in and play a bit of Spider-Man, hopefully earning my first trophy of 2019.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:27 AM   #3582
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Congrats
Old 01-02-2019, 12:38 AM   #3583
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Spider-Man took about an hour to install, had to delete my Ground Zeroes file to make room (and I wasn't about to actually finish the trophies for that, I'll be honest) for the update files...which themselves amounted to almost 20 fucking gigs.

I'm mediocre at the combat, but I'll improve in time. First mission has you taking down Kingpin, which unlocks the first trophy of the game. January 1, 2019 now has a proper commemoration, mission accomplished. I'm not going to make a daily effort of unlocking trophies for this game, I'll play when I have time to really sink into it, so it'll take me a good while to platinum this beauty. I dunno if I'll get the DLC, especially since I still have fucking Assassin's Creed Unity and two DLC packs for that waiting to be completed (and that's a chunky install size right there).

I'll make room by clearing out Division once I'm done with it enough. I'm close to finishing up what I want from Underground, which'll really only leave Survival and messing around as a rogue in the Dark Zone as anything I could easily go for (I know I said I wanted to do incursions/legendary missions, but removing Division is down the line a ways since I still have a couple shields I'd like to nab as well; this is all down the line a bit). I do need to get back to Doom, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Arkham Knight, and once I'm finished with some of those I'll delete them to make space.

And that's not even including the shit-ton of other games I have on backlog.

Got a very busy year ahead as a gamer. Hopefully nothing I truly crave comes out anytime soon.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:23 AM   #3584
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Spider-Man took about an hour to install, had to delete my Ground Zeroes file to make room (and I wasn't about to actually finish the trophies for that, I'll be honest) for the update files...I'll make room by clearing out Division once I'm done with it enough...
I've passed 60% memory on Xbox One and been thinking about a hefty memory stick (those work, right?) to boost it. I'd rather not have to start making those kind of deletion decisions or be forced to pass on XBL Gold downloads because I have freed up enough.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:34 PM   #3585
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I dunno about Xbox, but PlayStation allows for various memory options, including hard drive upgrade, cloud storage, and external hard drive/USB storage, I believe. I don't really feel like buying a high-capacity external/USB, and I haven't yet explored online storage options (I think you have to have PS Plus before you're allowed to upload saves online).

Besides, it's a mixture of 360-era habit and me genuinely not playing some stuff anymore.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:42 AM   #3586
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

GearNuke article on The Last of Us Part 2 multiplayer details
Old 01-06-2019, 02:39 AM   #3587
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

1) In 9 days, I will finally break 3000 karma on GameFAQs, something that has taken me over a decade. I'd already have done it if I had known about some of the karma changes, but since I stopped visiting the boards and would really only vote in the daily polls, the process has gone on for longer than it should have. I'm not obsessed with it, the points don't really matter I know, but when you're so close to crossing the line you just want to be over it, you know? At least I'll be there before the end of the month.

2) Two accomplishments in The Division: killed the last of the 100 Hunters needed to get the Sting mask; and reached rank 40 in the Underground, unlocking some nice cosmetic items (I love the jacket you get). Now I can look cool while I die while trying to be a badass rogue in the Dark Zone.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:25 AM   #3588
Willpower
The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I've passed 60% memory on Xbox One and been thinking about a hefty memory stick (those work, right?) to boost it. I'd rather not have to start making those kind of deletion decisions or be forced to pass on XBL Gold downloads because I have freed up enough.
On both PS4 and XB1 you can use nearly any type of external memory, be it a stick or a hard drive. I have a 4TB external hard drive connected to both the PS4 and Xbox.

Say cheese!
Willpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #3589
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willpower View Post
On both PS4 and XB1 you can use nearly any type of external memory, be it a stick or a hard drive. I have a 4TB external hard drive connected to both the PS4 and Xbox.
Thanks. That's what I figured since they have USB ports.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:46 PM   #3590
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Old 01-08-2019, 01:12 AM   #3591
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

James & Mike Mondays: Backwards Super Mario Challenge

I like that they're coming up with interesting challenges, even if some are basically doomed to failure because of the games' designs outright stopping alternative playstyles.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:26 AM   #3592
Space Cop
The Dandy

That was a pretty fun one. I never beat the final castle in SMB normal. Now that I have the classic, I'll have to try again.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:27 AM   #3593
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

How Dead Space's scariest scene almost killed the game

This was suggested to me on the front page. I'll check it out more later, but damn if hearing DS1 doesn't bring back fond memories.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:36 AM   #3594
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, I went and did it: I found a lonesome guy in the lower Dark Zone, and when his back was turned I went rogue and killed the poor bastard. He almost fought back. I then frantically ran off my rogue status because even with a 9k Stamina Classified Predator, I'm ass at surviving (seriously, I swear this build is made of wet tissue paper, I take so much fucking damage even though that makes no fucking sense).

I then went rogue hunting and even managed to kill a few. But I really should have done this ages ago, running into people and betraying their fragile trust and all that.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:42 AM   #3595
W.West

Bought a Switch. Been playing Lets Go Pikachu, Mario Kart 8 and started Legend of Zelda. That game looks incredible and its so intimidating. I know I'll never finish it. I barely have a sense of a main story. lol
Old 01-12-2019, 12:37 PM   #3596
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

GameFAQs: Top 10 Lesser-Known Facts About Pokemon Red & Blue

Thought this was interesting enough to share around.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #3597
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Bought a Switch. . . started Legend of Zelda. That game looks incredible and its so intimidating. I know I'll never finish it. I barely have a sense of a main story. lol
I never had patience for RPGs. I want to turn the game on and know exactly what I'm doing.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:22 PM   #3598
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Bought a Switch. Been playing Lets Go Pikachu, Mario Kart 8 and started Legend of Zelda. That game looks incredible and its so intimidating. I know I'll never finish it. I barely have a sense of a main story. lol
If you don't mind occasionally extremely hard side scrollers (with unlimited lives), you should give The Messenger a try. You can find it at the eshop for, I don't know, 19 bucks or so.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #3599
Space Cop
The Dandy

Toy Galaxy did a good retrospective on Captain N, which I have a lot of nostalgia for.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:47 PM   #3600
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

So have I. And with Simon Belmont joining the gang, you can now play most of the characters in Smash Bros Ultimate. The only ones missing are Game Boy (who is a stage) and Captain N himself.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote