No announcement yet.

Horror Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She'll always be Shannon from LOST to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      She'll always be Shannon from LOST to me.
      Yeah, I did too until Taken. I was into Lost the first season but quit after an episode or two of season two.

Comment

• Lost, eh? Then this is relevant.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Oh Lost was my favorite show for those 6 years. And it didn't get dethroned from my favorite until Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones stole my heart.

Namaste, bitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
            Oh Lost was my favorite show for those 6 years. And it didn't get dethroned from my favorite until Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones stole my heart.

Namaste, bitches.
            I can't compare. I haven't seen BB or GoT (though I'm thinking of watching the former since it's finished and on Netflix). I gave up on Lost for a couple reasons. One was that it was at the time I basically gave up on TV, but the other was that I was pissed that at the end of season one I had more questions, not fewer. I felt like I was strung along. Every time something seemed like it was going to be revealed a bigger mystery came. I can take that for a little bit, but not over the course of multiple seasons. I much prefer the light continuity of 60s and 70s episodic television. In fact I'm getting fed up with Doctor Who (one of the two shows I mostly keep up with) having to do season-wide arcs and linking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              (though I'm thinking of watching the former since it's finished and on Netflix)
              If you even DARE think about passing up TWD in favor of that thrones show, not only will I never talk to you again, but you will never be allowed to post in this horror thread again.

(Of course I jest, but seriously.....you can't just walk away from TWD)

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-05 View Post
                If you even DARE think about passing up TWD in favor of that thrones show, not only will I never talk to you again, but you will never be allowed to post in this horror thread again.

(Of course I jest, but seriously.....you can't just walk away from TWD)
                Well, I was referring to Breaking Bad. I actually want to watch The Walking Dead when it's done and I know how many episodes exist, but I absolutely don't want to start another ongoing show.

Comment

Well, I was referring to Breaking Bad. I actually want to watch The Walking Dead when it's done and I know how many episodes exist, but I absolutely don't want to start another ongoing show.
                  That's the show with the guy who played the dad in Godzilla, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-05 View Post
                    That's the show with the guy who played the dad in Godzilla, right?
                    Yep. I'm pretty sure he was the dad in a sitcom called Malcolm in the Middle too.

Comment

Yep. I'm pretty sure he was the dad in a sitcom called Malcolm in the Middle too.
                      Ok, I can let that one slide on the technicality of BB not being a horror show...

But still....

Rick Grimes > guy who makes drugs

Comment

• Brian Cranston indeed played Hal on Malcolm in the Middle, and if you think a stuntman did those rollerskating moves, you don't know jack about Brian.

Comment

• Is anyone watching something special to commemorate the day?

Comment

• I'm wearing my "WW[hockey mask]D?" T-shirt. Wore it out to dinner and I'll wear it until I hit the hay.

Other than Freddy vs Jason and Jason X, I don't have any of the F13 flicks on DVD, sadly.

But I had bigger things to concern myself over. All week, work has been absolute hell, with a ton more stuff to wash, organize, and whatnot than usual. Today was the exception, as I was able to actually get a number of things done on my extra jobs list.

Beyond that, and far more importantly, today is my mother's birthday. Yes, she was in fact born on Friday the 13th, 1954. Currently she is vacationing with my older sister in Key West, since my sister has now permanently moved there and my mom went with her (they drove). She won't return until Monday, so me and my stepdad have to hold down the fort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                              I'm wearing my "WW[hockey mask]D?" T-shirt. Wore it out to dinner and I'll wear it until I hit the hay.

Other than Freddy vs Jason and Jason X, I don't have any of the F13 flicks on DVD, sadly.

But I had bigger things to concern myself over. All week, work has been absolute hell, with a ton more stuff to wash, organize, and whatnot than usual. Today was the exception, as I was able to actually get a number of things done on my extra jobs list.

Beyond that, and far more importantly, today is my mother's birthday. Yes, she was in fact born on Friday the 13th, 1954. Currently she is vacationing with my older sister in Key West, since my sister has now permanently moved there and my mom went with her (they drove). She won't return until Monday, so me and my stepdad have to hold down the fort.
                              Your shirt sounds awesome. . I have a shirt of just his mask that I got at 5 Below last year, but it's in the wash. Haha

I'm glad work ended on a positive note for you this week, and happy birthday to your mom. People constantly ask me if I was born on a Friday, but nope. I believe it was a Wednesday in 1975.

Comment

• For this Friday the 13th, I watched

Jason takes Manhattan (1989)

"I think it would be best if we split up"

This film may be sucky, but it's a fun kind of sucky. It often gets dismissed for so many reasons, most notably a large portion of it not being in New York, but when he does finally arrive to the Big Apple, there are some good moments. Not the best, but good. The scene that stands out in my mind whenever I think of Part 8 is when Jason emerges from the water when they arrive at the docks and sees a huge hockey mask above a store. Irony, folks. The boom box scene was also quite entertaining. I think the overall lightheartedness of the story was also a contributing factor to its dismal failure at the box office. You can even tell in Hodder's body language - compared to the other movies he was in, he's not taking this one too seriously.

Still, the diehard F13 fan will always find something good to take out of the worst of the batch.

Comment

Working...
                                X