Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #13 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: V. Ken Marion

14.29%
    0.00%
    28.57%
    42.86%
    14.29%

So we get a re-hashing of the last 3 episodes as told by one of the Xudarians? B-o-o-r-i-n-g!

There had better be a real GLC story after this retelling.

Comment

They can't be serious with this. What was this issue originally supposed to be about?
      Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

This may have been the second most boring single issue I've ever read. Pure filler.

Comment

Okay, I know it was a clear filler (and recap to boot) and I'm probably going to get virtual eggs thrown at me now, but I actually liked seeing family life on Xudar. It was also a nice ground-level, outsider (until the twist ending) perspective of these great cosmic events.

Only thing is I would have preferred their homes be a little less close to earth homes. For example, they seem to have pillows just like ours but they also have beaks that look like they'd regularly tear into them. It would've been cool if they did something different like perch or incubate.

But I liked the whole speech about how will takes work while fear, rage, and love come easy.

Comment

Yeah, while this may not have advanced the story any, as a stand-alone issue I thought it was well done and enjoyable. I just wonder if the hints of the future will actually come to pass. I seem to recall a very similar splash page about a "War of Light" that never really materialized, once before.

Comment

Gotta build the story up to TPB length, you know.

Comment

Honestly I'm surprised how much I actually enjoyed this issue. It pretty much just recapped what's happened in this series so far but I liked the way it was told, and I'm intrigued by the villains that were teased for the future so that's something to look forward to.
                Also I've been a fan of Kevin Marion for awhile now so seeing him do this issue and hearing he'll be back for 2 in April gets me excited. He's still an up incoming artist so I think it's good exposure for him, and I think he did great in this issue and he'll continue to just get better.

Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                  Honestly I'm surprised how much I actually enjoyed this issue. It pretty much just recapped what's happened in this series so far but I liked the way it was told, and I'm intrigued by the villains that were teased for the future so that's something to look forward to.
                  Also I've been a fan of Kevin Marion for awhile now so seeing him do this issue and hearing he'll be back for 2 in April gets me excited. He's still an up incoming artist so I think it's good exposure for him, and I think he did great in this issue and he'll continue to just get better.

Another War of Lights? I am so over that stuff now.

Comment

What do you mean, "another"? The last one never even happened. There were various conflicts and skirmishes between individual Corps, but there was never anything like the all-out WAR pictured in the original teaser way back when (which this new one strongly reminds me of).

Comment

It's not a new one, it's a flashback to what we got or in your guys' case didn't get.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                        It's not a new one, it's a flashback to what we got or in your guys' case didn't get.
                        No, it's a new one, because the narrator of the story was talking about things SHE experienced AFTER the incident with Xudar being bottled. Or at least I don't see how it could be interpreted otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          No, it's a new one, because the narrator of the story was talking about things SHE experienced AFTER the incident with Xudar being bottled. Or at least I don't see how it could be interpreted otherwise...
                          Yeah, I also took it that way. She wasn't familiar with the GLC before Starro. Then, she relates what she knew about them after Starro/Larfleeze were defeated.

Comment

I liked the concept of this issue. No, it didn't advance the direction of the GLC, but it did flesh out the world in which they exist. It reminded us that Green Lanterns (and a White one) not only protect civilians, but they also exist to inspire them. We got that point framed in a relatable way that also reminded the reader that the GLC is something that will continue beyond the lives of the current members.

There's nothing wrong with taking a narrative breather before the next big arc. This gave us a well-timed pause to contemplate the world around our emerald warriors. In the midst of company events and crossovers, these type of self-contained stories are a welcomed change of pace.
                            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                              Another War of Lights? I am so over that stuff now.
                              well count me in (but only if Kyle is still a WL............ or h@ll even a PL)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                              X