Justice League Movie Lantern POLL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice League Movie Lantern POLL!

The last attempt at GL on the big screen wasn't as well executed as it could have been. In the bigger picture, which Lantern would you want to ultimately be the one chosen to represent the Corps in the Justice League? If political correctness wasn't an issue [Cyborg or Martian Manhunter could be there, or any other 2nd or 3rd stringer like Vixen or Black Lightning] who would be best? Baz could certainly be pulled in, or the movie makers could choose to write out Hal Jordan for one of the other Lanterns like Kyle or John. It scares me to think a new character like Baz could be thrown in there with such a short time in comics, and while I'm a huge Kyle fan I just don't think he should come around until a decent film reboot of the last GL flick is done better explaining Parallax and maybe have the creature [not made of smoke and tendrils] take control of an actual Lantern. Hal should be in it. Plain and simple. And then after the Flash gets a flick of his own you do the Brave and the Bold starring the two.

Who would you want, and what would some of your choices for actors be?

~KL~
    Hal
    76.00%
    Kyle
    8.00%
    John
    12.00%
    Guy
    4.00%
    Baz
    0.00%

It should be Hal.
    #1. For those who liked or tolerated the movie, it would just be confusing to change GLs.
    #2. For those who hated it, they'd cry "foul" if you threw in some other GL.
    #3. Hal's still the most iconic.

As far as actors, I'm fine with RR staying. I don't think the main problems with the movie were his. On the other hand, given reboots like Hulk and Punisher, I (and comic audiences) could live with a change of actor.

Comment

After the GL movie, the franchise has become so toxic that kids won't even buy the toys. To botch a space cop toyline with colorful aliens takes quite an effort. The CGI series got cancelled after one season. To use Hal in a League movie would be like junping out of a plane with an anchor instead of a parachute.

Kyle and John make sense.

Comment

I would LOVE to see Kyle in a film, as a possible sector partner to Hal, however in a Justice League movie it'd be pointless to have Kyle and not Wally. And I don't see WB touching Wally with a ten foot pole considering DC hasn't even put him back in their comics since the relaunch.

As far as actors though, while I'm a RR fan, unless the character was written to be a little more serious and not as much of a dick it'd never work. Since MoS is the new first chapter in a DC Movie-verse, they need a new GL. I'd personally go with somebody from the WB stable and get one of the two leads from Supernatural for Hal.

~KL~

Comment

WB doesn't care about the characters DC chooses to use in its comics. lol

You won't see Wally as THE Flash because its just easier giving Barry his personality and telling his origin.

Comment

Hal. End of story.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

I recently posted this in another website forum and had someone put me on ignore :/

My reason for wanting Hal in the movie instead of John is merely based on what they've been marketing to people.
              - Hal was the lead in the GL:TAS cartoon
              - He's the GL in Injustice
              - The GL in the recent DVD cartoons
              - The GL comics main title (again).

Everything that DC is selling to young children everywhere has Hal on it as the Green Lantern. They've already invested a lot in trying to make people think Hal is Green Lantern. Using John Stewart out of the blue seems like money wasted (but they are still welcome to try the approach).

If John Stewart had starred in all the things I just mentioned then it would be a no brainer for me to keep using John Stewart. The only place John Stewart has shown up is Young Justice recently, which he was not a major part of.

WB has had their butts handed to them when it comes to superhero movies. They need to stick to their guns on what they want and no flip flop back and forth. Doing so, in my opinion, would just show the public more of how they don't have their game together.
              They also got upset because I told them a good majority of people wanted John Stewart just because he was Black.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                After the GL movie, the franchise has become so toxic that kids won't even buy the toys. To botch a space cop toyline with colorful aliens takes quite an effort. The CGI series got cancelled after one season. To use Hal in a League movie would be like junping out of a plane with an anchor instead of a parachute.

Kyle and John make sense.
                You've got a point. Hal is clearly the most iconic, but it's a bad time for the character. Kyle and John each have their own specific appeal. John's military background makes him logical for a hero team. Kyle is very different in appearance and personality than Hal, so WB might want that to keep the association of the GL movie away.
                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

hate to say this, cause i'm a Kyle fan, but it should be Hal, his story's already been told, with him they can get right to the action with no need for a long backstory (same goes for Bats and Supes)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I really think if they dropped Hal for the JL movie it would only make things worse. I think they'd get more backlash of "what happened to Hal?" or "you guys can't make up your mind" than they would keeping him. But that's just my feeling. Movie going audiences can only be predicted so much.

Comment

Put Hal next to Batman and Superman, have him to some badass stuff and make him likable, and no one will care about the GL movie. Reboot from there.

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                        hate to say this, cause i'm a Kyle fan, but it should be Hal, his story's already been told, with him they can get right to the action with no need for a long backstory (same goes for Bats and Supes)
                        Telling Kyle's (or John's) backstory wouldn't be hard. Much like the comics, the GOTU could simply decide that 2814 needed more than one Lantern because of the numerous superpowered beings. They could even have a scene like Ganthet giving Kyle a special ring in secret against the other GOTU's wishes.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        I really think if they dropped Hal for the JL movie it would only make things worse. I think they'd get more backlash of "what happened to Hal?" or "you guys can't make up your mind" than they would keeping him. But that's just my feeling. Movie going audiences can only be predicted so much.
                        The movie would just have to mention that Hal is somewhere else, prompting the need for someone else to help the JLA.

Originally posted by DocLantern View Post
                        Put Hal next to Batman and Superman, have him to some badass stuff and make him likable, and no one will care about the GL movie. Reboot from there.
                        That's true. GL is similar to the Hulk in the aspect of being difficult to please factions of the fanbase. Neither Hulk movie was universally praised, but Hulk was the star of Avengers. The same could happen for Hal.
                        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Hal as GL in a JL movie. Ryan Reynolds would be great but I bet he won't do it.

Why bother with a GL re-boot anyway? Just jump right into Hal vs Sinestro! It would be awesome and is what the first movie should have been about anyway. 50 plus years of GL stories and Parallax was only a 'character' in the last 10.

Comment

Personally, I'm desperate for Kyle to be in a film, so that's why I went with him. The thing is, there's not really a teenage character in the JL (unless we're going to endure cyborg).

The thing with Hal is that he's had so many chances, but failed. Being realistic though, it's between Hal and John, because John stared in the JL cartoon which is probably the most successful thing with a green lantern in ever.

Baz is too modern to put in a film, and is a dark character like Batman (darker than the other GLs at least) so those two would be too alike.

Guy could be the funnier one in the film if they're not going with Wally for Flash, and I'd imagine him being similar to Tony Stark but for justice league.
                            Originally posted by IonFan
                            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                            Originally posted by Quaker
                            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                              Personally, I'm desperate for Kyle to be in a film, so that's why I went with him. The thing is, there's not really a teenage character in the JL (unless we're going to endure cyborg).

The thing with Hal is that he's had so many chances, but failed. Being realistic though, it's between Hal and John, because John stared in the JL cartoon which is probably the most successful thing with a green lantern in ever.

Baz is too modern to put in a film, and is a dark character like Batman (darker than the other GLs at least) so those two would be too alike.

Guy could be the funnier one in the film if they're not going with Wally for Flash, and I'd imagine him being similar to Tony Stark but for justice league.
                              How has Hal failed anything? The movie may have been a hot mess, but that had nothing to do with Hal Jordan as a character (or even Ryan Reynolds as an actor). The animated series, which was excellent and well received, was cancelled because it didn't sell toys (which is hard to do when no one makes any). Other wise there have been two recent GL animated movies, only one of which focused on Hal as a main character.

Comment

Working...
                              X