Are Guy and John buddies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Guy and John buddies?

I can't remember John hanging out with Alan, Kyle, and Guy in Warriors while Hal was being possessed by Paralaxitive. My memory could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing John.

They definitely were hanging out during the "Emerald Knights" storyline, since that is where Parallax showed up looking for his younger self. That was when John first used some of the green energy inside him that Final Night Parallax left when he cured his paralysis.
    "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
    Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
    Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
    who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
    to change the world. This time, Lord...
    Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
      They definitely were hanging out during the "Emerald Knights" storyline, since that is where Parallax showed up looking for his younger self. That was when John first used some of the green energy inside him that Final Night Parallax left when he cured his paralysis.
      Thanks. I couldn't remember that.

Comment

John was definitely part of the Warriors getogethers. Plus, in Rebirth he and Guy went to a ballgame together. True, they were meeting Hal there, but Guy didn't think Hal would show, and he still went with John.

Comment

Even in rebirth guy and john were hanging out.

Comment

Back in the day, John was one of the many people who stomped Guy like a narc at a biker rally. If they want to develop a buddy cop friendship like Guy and Kyle recently had, they'll have to actually put some effort into it.

Comment

They didn't start off well, but the Kyle era established John and Guy as buddies. And Alan and Kyle were there too. I guess they put their differences aside. John and Guy have both mellowed at this point, so that helps.

That's one aspect of that particular era that I miss, all the Earth GLs actually hanging out. There was more than one time they all met at Warriors.

Comment

I'd l;ove to hear Guy ask John f he still listens to streisand just to amuse himself and have Kyle go....."you?!? listen to Streisand?!?"
                Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Are Guy and John buddies?. Don't know. They are definitely no enemies or rivals.

Comment

kyle seems to be buddies with both guy & john so that could also help john & guy get a long out of respect for kyle

Comment

+ YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                      Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

I think that thanks to the last ohh 40 to 50 or so issues of Kyle's run, the two were friends. Like at least more friendly to each other than they were during John's time as a Darkstar and all that.

Comment

You wouldn't know it if you ever saw this lol
                          Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Those were the days! That's from my favorite run of GL ever.

I think it would be more interesting if a couple of the human GL's really couldn't stand each other. For legitimate reasons too, that you couldn't just dismiss. Just having Guy be an asshole only works until he stops being an asshole. I'd like to see a rift between a couple of them that humanizes them, and you could still find them all likeable. It'd sure be more interesting than the four musketeer schtick.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                              I'd like to see a rift between a couple of them that humanizes them, and you could still find them all likeable.
                              You mean like what was teased (and then forgotten) with Guy and Hal, where Guy made enigmatic comments to Ganthet (I think) about their pact along the lines that when Hal found out about what (ever vague, undefined thing) they were planning at the time, that friendship would be over for good?

Like what COULD have happened between John and Kyle over his decision with regards to Mogo, but never quite materialized?

Rifts are often teased, but never seem to solidify into anything long term (aside from the long-standing Guy vs. everybody else "rift" that obtained to one degree or another for quite some time).

Heck, none of the GLs even seemed too willing to take long-term exception to Hal BEFORE Parallax was revealed to be a possessing entity. They'd fight him as the need arose, but otherwise they were all pretty darn forgiving.

Comment

Working...
                              X