Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which comic is still bad off after Rebirth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which comic is still bad off after Rebirth?

I don't know. I haven't read them all.

Is it Superman?

(Of course Green Lantern is floundering, but it wasn't rebooted in the New 52 and didn't get a course correction in Rebirth.)
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-23-2017, 10:18 PM.

Superman's actually be pretty good. So has Action Comics. Red Hood & the Outlaws including Artemis and Bizzaro just haven't done anything for me though. And I liked Cyborg's pre Rebirth series more than his post Rebirth series. His look was cooler too.

Killing Hawkman at the beginning of Rebirth in the Death of Hawkman series is also a waste IMHO. Should've gave Deathstroke the job to up his status.

~//V\\~

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
      Superman's actually be pretty good. So has Action Comics. . .
      Seconded. I love Clark being a family man again.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Seconded. I love Clark being a family man again.
        I think Trey just forgot how to enjoy comics somewhere along the way. Batman's been good, and Detective Comics will only continue to get better with the addition of Zatanna to the Bat-Squad. The adult Titans has been good, as well as Fall and Rise of Capt. Atom. And I've enjoyed Batman's JLoA, despite Lobo being on the team making no sense at all. And what I've read of the Flash has been good. Aquaman I'm gonna get around to reading soon, I just hate the weird bumpy shirt instead of the standard scales.

For me Teen Titans is still missing something, and just cause Damian is leading the team now doesn't make it any better [cause I hate that brat].

~//V\\~

Comment

I think Trey just forgot how to enjoy comics somewhere along the way.
          Trey needs a comic to sell 70,000 before it's worth his attention. ... Just kidding, Trey.

For me Teen Titans is still missing something, and just cause Damian is leading the team now doesn't make it any better [cause I hate that brat]. . .
          I've been digging the new TT, but I happen to like Damian (though I would hate the bugger in real life). It's pretty Damian-centric right now, so I imagine whether someone likes that book is largely going to involve whether they like him.

Comment

IMHO sales don't equal quality. Same goes for DC movies. Even the crappy ones sell if the characters are well liked beforehand.

I haven't seen anything overtly great about Blue Beetle now that Ted's on board, and the angle with Fate seems strange. I'd rather have a new Dr. Fate title that *fixes* him and gets him back to a more iconic interpretation than yet another series with Jamie Reyes. Make Kent Nelson a quarter or half Egyptian with a slightly tanned/darker skin tone for diversity's sake if ya got to.

~//V\\~

Comment

You can think what you want about it, but when a comic's sales actually went DOWN after a very successful promotion like Rebirth, then something is wrong. That describes Superman and JLA.

If you're the writer or the editor and Dan DiDio and Jim Lee ask you what's going on, and you chuckle, wave it off and say that the readers need to lighten up and start enjoying your great comics too, that won't go over well.

This is not a case of the readers never giving a couple of obscure properties a chance. Outside the Batverse, these are the company's marquee titles. People tried them and didn't like them.

Screwing up Superman and JLA is hard to do. You would almost have to do it on purpose.

I think that, like Green Lantern, Superman has drifted too far from the original concept. Somebody reinvented the wheel, and now it won't roll. When that's the case, to protest, "But I like it, and you should get hip and like it too" won't roll either.
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-24-2017, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I know Action Comics is doing a little less in sales than it was before, but Superman seems to be doing better post-Rebirth. In the last article linked [it was where I got the last bit of info] it mentions the numbers are fairly close. And considering Morrison was writing Action Comics before... that ain't bad. IDK where you get your info dude. JL isn't doing as well, and I put every bit of that on them forcing two Lanterns on us nobody wants in the series. Again though, that has to do more with JL being written by Geoff Johns before and drawn by bigger name artists.

New52 Superman #12 - 53,326 https://comicvine.gamespot.com/super...report-737865/

Rebirth Superman #12 - 60,992 http://dccomicsnews.com/2017/03/10/d...r-sales-slide/

New52 Superman #17 - 49,666 http://community.comicbookresources....n-sales/page29

Rebirth Superman #17 - 54,561 http://community.comicbookresources....n-sales/page29

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                If you're the writer or the editor and Dan DiDio and Jim Lee ask you what's going on, and you chuckle, wave it off and say that the readers need to lighten up and start enjoying your great comics too, that won't go over well.
                This also made me laugh... reminds me of a guy that tried REAL hard to get everyone to read his fanfic and saying if they didn't like the first or second chapter it's because they needed to lighten up and let go of the past. And here you are saying the same kinda attitude wouldn't go over well in the industry...

~//V\\~
                Ωmega Man
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by Ωmega Man; 04-25-2017, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X