No announcement yet.

Far Sector #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my copy in my pull list, and I can't wait to read it after all of the buzz on social media. It's making more waves than I expected.
    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Picked it up and thought it was ok. I think a little too much set up and not enough meat just yet. I didn't mind the internal monologue but thought we could have got some more info about Jo from it.

I'll probably pick up the second issue, the story does have potential but it did feel like this was her first comic nook ever written.

The art was pretty solid, no real complaint there.

Comment

I love the art but I might wait for the GN for this one. I want the entire story, blame binge watching.
        http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
          I love the art but I might wait for the GN for this one. I want the entire story, blame binge watching.
          I remember the first time I did that. I watched the first season of Gunsmoke in two days. That was 39 half-hour episodes. There were only two or three clunkers in it, so I kept going and going.

Comment

Yeah I flew through Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad pretty quickly; I was hesitant about getting into those as well until I heard a lot of good word of mouth. Sometimes you just got to see if the story is going somewhere or if it's serialized nonsense. I guess for this one I am on the fence too and just want to make sure it's not a clunker before diving in, especially given it's yet another Earth based lantern, the story really has to shine.
            http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

I had seen some of the color episodes of Gunsmoke, but as other people have said, the black and white episodes were a revelation to me. That's because the producers and almost all the writers were different. It's like comparing the Geoff Johns Green Lantern to earlier issues of the comic.

Comment

Anyone know when this character got her ring?

Was it in another comic series? If so, what issue(s)?

I like to collect

Comment

She debuted in this series - we saw a flashback to when she actually got her ring in one of the later issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                    She debuted in this series - we saw a flashback to when she actually got her ring in one of the later issues.
                    Right. If you want to follow her/this story, you only need Far Sector.

Comment

Working...
                    X