The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps
FLASHCHAT

View Poll Results: Do you like this?
Yes 9 69.23%
No 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2017, 03:24 PM   #26
EmeraldGladiator
Corpse Trainee

Hal to Kyle, you are the greatest because you are the white lantern and mastered the rings.

Hal to Kyle however when it comes to being a GL I am the man, you aren't in my league

Kyle to Hal I have always looked up to you

Hal to Kyle (in Han Solo voice) "I know everyone knows"

Kyle is no longer White Lantern but is now a Green Lantern and thus <Hal and no longer the greatest anything.

It felt like a backhanded compliment. That being said all my favorite Kyle stories are him as a Green Lantern, and I felt the power ups were small bones thrown to placate fans. It's a good move for the character and the franchise but the whole Hal speech felt like a slap to the face, at least that's how I took it and I am not a persecuted Kyle fan.
EmeraldGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #27
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
Hal to Kyle, you are the greatest because you are the white lantern and mastered the rings.

Hal to Kyle however when it comes to being a GL I am the man, you aren't in my league

Kyle to Hal I have always looked up to you

Hal to Kyle (in Han Solo voice) "I know everyone knows"

Kyle is no longer White Lantern but is now a Green Lantern and thus <Hal and no longer the greatest anything.

It felt like a backhanded compliment. That being said all my favorite Kyle stories are him as a Green Lantern, and I felt the power ups were small bones thrown to placate fans. It's a good move for the character and the franchise but the whole Hal speech felt like a slap to the face, at least that's how I took it and I am not a persecuted Kyle fan.
They can't seem to give up the boneheaded approach that Hal has to be "the greatest," can they? Even though it guarantees that Hal is the only one they'll ever be able to successfully market.

What company says, hey, we've got four products here and they all cost the same, but this one is the best!

Who would do that, and why?

They're going to have to reboot it and show all four Earth Lanterns getting their rings at the same time. That's the only way to knock that nonsense in the head and put it out of its misery.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #28
EmeraldGladiator
Corpse Trainee

If multiple Batman type heroes can inhabit the same city of Gotham, why can only one or two GL's inhabit an entire planet? Now that Kyle is back I would be interested to see him go against Nero, Effigy, Grayven and his arch enemy bar none...Par(Hal)lax as well as Radu. I would love to see Guy back on Earth on like JLA and play off against the other earth heroes. I would love seeing Hal in the Justice League and his government job and his family and his earth based foes (like the Shark). I really can't think of too many Earth roots requiring John to be earth based. Plus Alan in the JSA (if the JSA is on the main earth). Simon and Jessica can be Charlie Vickered for all I care they are just diversity for the Justice League but DC should be above that. Overcrowding? Nah just use the Green Lantern Corps excuse the Kilowog, Arisia, Hal, John, Ch'p, Salaak, Guy team did. Expanding the sectors to require more Lanterns that are just based on on planet but have a much bigger jurisdiction. Let the character be where the best stories can be told editorial mandates be damned.
EmeraldGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:35 PM   #29
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Never market one of your products at the expense of your other products.

Who doesn't get that instinctively?

Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-23-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #30
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I've never been a fan of the crab mask. I was one of those guys who called him Crab Boy on the old DC message board, and ridiculed them into changing it. But certainly the right role for him is as a GL.