No announcement yet.

Batman vs Superman John Stewart thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want any of the choices I've seen. If John ever gets done live action someday (WITH Hal, not replacing him), I want him done RIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
      Idris Elba as John Stewart.

The end.
      Has he ever played an american character though? His accent is heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
        I don't want any of the choices I've seen. If John ever gets done live action someday (WITH Hal, not replacing him), I want him done RIGHT.
        Elba would do it right.

Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
        Has he ever played an american character though? His accent is heavy.
        Are you kidding? Go watch The Wire right now.
        The last fan of 1990s comics
        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
          Elba would do it right.

Are you kidding? Go watch The Wire right now.
          elba is to old though. yes the guy is a great actor but age does matter. i say go with michael b jordan for john stewart. hes young hes got a bright future ahead of him in regards to acting
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I've got an image of John in my head that Neal Adams and Joe Staton put there years decades ago. I don't want a black guy for the sake of having a black guy there. I'm a big John Stewart fan and don't want just anybody.

I'm in no way saying you just picked "anybody". Elba is a fantastic actor and his charisma takes up the entire screen because of his awesomeness. I just think he's too old and I don't think of John when I think of Elba any more than I do the Rock.

I wish I could go back in time and get a late 20s Denzel Washington though. Goddamn he would've been great.

Comment

the only way i want to see hal on screen again in a live movie is if hes parallax and the villain of the film. that way you can introduce a john stewart or even a guy or kyle

ive been coming up with ideas on how to make that happen as far as writting go's

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                the only way i want to see hal on screen again in a live movie is if hes parallax and the villain of the film.

Comment

Nuff said.

Comment

Who's that? He looks like he jumped out of the comic!

Comment

Michael Jai White. I think he has the perfect voice for John Stewart too.

Comment

Oh he played Spawn back in the day!

Comment

Yep. He also played a Mob boss in the Dark Knight. He was supposed to be in Kill Bill, but his scenes were cut.

Comment

Oh he played Spawn back in the day!
                            bronze tiger also on arrow

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                              Yep. He also played a Mob boss in the Dark Knight. He was supposed to be in Kill Bill, but his scenes were cut.
                              Most importantly, he's Black Dynamite, you jive turkeys.

Comment

I just looked at his page of credits. This guy was around for a long time. Hell, he was even in two of the toxic Avenger movies?!?

I'd say he looks the part but he's definitely older than what I picture. I want to see John learning about the corps along with the audience in live action. Making him an older veteran takes that away. By that point, Hal will already BE the veteran in films. I think it's be cool for a 30 something Hal working with a 20 something John and seeing what a natural John is at ring slinging.

Comment

Working...
                                X