Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that's disappointing. It's easy to forget how much style went into Deadpool. That title sequence was awesome, hilarious, and really well done. It really helped to elevate the rest of the movie, allowing the jokes to land.

I'd argue the style was the substance. It makes sense that there were some issues between the two. Unless the two are in sync, there's bound to be clashes when the actor is given more control than the director.
    MEH

Comment

• Originally posted by Fearless View Post
      Deadpool wasn't that stylish,
      I'd probably side with Reynolds if push came to shove but I disagree that Deadpool wasn't stylish, those actions sequences were slick as fuck. If he actually did a lot of the post production polishing himself he's going to be sorely missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        I'd probably side with Reynolds if push came to shove but I disagree that Deadpool wasn't stylish, those actions sequences were slick as fuck. If he actually did a lot of the post production polishing himself he's going to be sorely missed.

Well, I disagree with your disagreement. I will sing the praises of Deadpool until my dying day, but action scenes were far down my list of pros in that regard - make that the bottom of my list. Everything about the movie: the plot, the writing, the comedic sense and timing, the characterization of the main cast... all of it took precedence for me over the action scenes as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, that freeway scene was baller as fuck, but everything after that was alarmingly pedestrian; the montage of Deadpool trying to track down Francis didn't so much hinge on the style of it, and the final fight wasn't anything I hadn't seen before; hell, I'm pretty sure that I saw it in Captain America: Winter Soldier.

That said, when referencing the style of Deadpool, I was referring more to the look of them rather than how the scenes played out. The article stated that Miller did polishing work, I linked that in my mind to VFX. But even still, I'd still rank what Reynolds is seeking in a sequel over what Miller envisioned.

Comment

• At least we can take solace in the fact that Ryan hasn't chased away the original writers.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
            At least we can take solace in the fact that Ryan hasn't chased away the original writers.

Amen, West. Amen...

Comment

• Would the Hulk beat the Thing in a fight? Stan Lee has the answer.

As if this hasn't been widely acknowledged for half a century. The article itself starts out like the writer doesn't understand how long the characters and their clashes have been around, because it just reeks of "I got this big important answer that you don't know yet" arrogance. Maybe not everyone knows off the top of their heads how strong Hulk can be, but in this day and age, a reporter can very easily find out.

But at least Lee himself has a clear grasp of how things would go down beyond "Hulk smash."
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• ‘Punisher’ Adds Possible Allies, Antagonists Ahead of Its 2017 Netflix Release

Comment

• Inside the ‘Deadpool 2’ Fight Over ‘Two Totally Different Movies’

Shortly after then-20th Century Fox CEO Jim Gianopulos confirmed a second movie at CinemaCon in April, cracks began to form in the creative team that also includes screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (“Zombieland”).

In initial sequel talks, Reynolds, Reese and Wernick envisioned a “scrappy,” raunchy and inexpensive movie, the insider said — in the vein of the first, which earned over $780 million worldwide on a $58 million budget. It’s a stunning return on a film Reynolds lobbied 11 years to make.

Miller, known more for his visual flair than for the brash antics that Reynolds and his writers embraced and that fans loved, wanted a more stylish take, one that would compete with mega-budget superhero movies, insiders said. But it would have cost three times as much as the original $58 million film, the first individual said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                    Would the Hulk beat the Thing in a fight? Stan Lee has the answer.

As if this hasn't been widely acknowledged for half a century. The article itself starts out like the writer doesn't understand how long the characters and their clashes have been around, because it just reeks of "I got this big important answer that you don't know yet" arrogance. Maybe not everyone knows off the top of their heads how strong Hulk can be, but in this day and age, a reporter can very easily find out.

But at least Lee himself has a clear grasp of how things would go down beyond "Hulk smash
                    ."
                    Wakeman doesn't actually seem to be well-acquainted with the Hulk at all. There are several versions who aren't "dim" and were better fight tacticians than the Thing. In Hulk #350, The Joe Fixit version, while giving up a huge strength advantage to a mutated Thing at the time, still knocked Ben out by exhausting him with a cat and mouse game and eventually trapping him under water and giving him the heimlich maneuver.

I've also see the Hulk move at super speeds when he's really angry--far faster than anything I've ever seen out of the Thing. So while Hulk's ever-increasing strength would probably wear Thing down, that's not the only way Hulk could beat him.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Well comics Twitter went to shit today

Comment

• How so?

Comment

• Well first Chelsea Cain, author of Mockingbird, was harassed (for daring to write Mockingbird as a feminist character) to the point of quitting twitter. This sparked a shit show of fan vs. fan, fan vs. creator and creator vs. creator (Nick Spencer in particular seems to have pissed off everyone).

Comment

Well first Chelsea Cain, author of Mockingbird, was harassed (for daring to write Mockingbird as a feminist character) to the point of quitting twitter. This sparked a shit show of fan vs. fan, fan vs. creator and creator vs. creator (Nick Spencer in particular seems to have pissed off everyone).

Comment

Well first Chelsea Cain, author of Mockingbird, was harassed (for daring to write Mockingbird as a feminist character) to the point of quitting twitter. This sparked a shit show of fan vs. fan, fan vs. creator and creator vs. creator (Nick Spencer in particular seems to have pissed off everyone).
                              Twitter really needs to start cracking down on some people, I swear.

Comment

• You guys are the only idiots I argue online with. I don't do Twitter, Facebook, etc... don't have the time or the patience.

~M~

Comment

Working...
                                X