No announcement yet.

Archie Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is...bizarre. I mean I've no idea if the allegations are true, but if they are, what the heck?

And I find it baffling that she and/or her legal team would seriously try to employ the defense that it is not possible to discriminate against white guys because they are not a protected class. What is prohibited is discrimination based on gender or race, not only discrimination against specific subsets of those. (Though the description of the issue sounds more like harassment than discrimination, unless there is more to the story.)

If, as seems almost certain, you would get in big trouble for referring to female employees by the term "tits" instead of their name (as in, "Get me some coffee, tits!"), I can't imagine that, legally speaking, referring to male employees as "penis" is any different.

Comment

Mega Man and Mega Man X are crossing over

Comment

I cant wait for Afterlife with Archie #4 to come out

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
          I cant wait for Afterlife with Archie #4 to come out
          Indeed. Will Veronica make it out? Will Archie find anyone alive in town? I'm very curious.

Comment

I reheheheheheally dont want this to happen, but Veronica will probably sacrifice herself to save Archie and/or Betty

Comment

AGUIRRE-SACASA READY TO TAKE RISKS AS ARCHIE'S FIRST CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER
              Aguirre-Sacasa: I don't think a year ago anyone would have thought there's any way we would ever make a horror Archie movie, or a horror Archie television show, or a horror Archie animated series. But now, here we are, and ["Afterlife"] is a potential franchise for Archie. That's what's really, really exciting.

I will definitely be the point person in Los Angeles; I am based out there, I have a lot of relationships out there. But comic books are in my blood. I am constantly trying to figure out what books to write -- I have a lot of friends who are in the industry, writers and artists, [and want] to bring them to the Archie fold, to try to do what we did with "Afterlife" with some of the other properties. [Senior vice president of publicity and marketing and Red Circle Comics editor] Alex [Segura] and I just had a great conversation about the Red Circle heroes. That's a huge priority for Archie. And really big things are already coming together. We're going to launch a sister book to "Afterlife," which is going to be a "Sabrina" book.

She's had a hard time of it in that series so far.

Aguirre-Sacasa: And it's going to get worse, I can tell you that. [Laughs]
              Roberto, last summer it was announced that you were writing a live-action Archie movie -- is there any update on that front?

Aguirre-Sacasa: These wheels turn very, very, very slowly. The development process is much more protracted for a movie or a television show than it is for a comic book. In the time it took to get a pitch ready for a movie, we pitched, and wrote, and published the first four issues of "Afterlife."

"Afterlife" is a big game-changer for Archie. It has made us think, "Wow, should the Archie movie be an 'Afterlife' movie?" "Should 'Afterlife' be a TV series?" We took a little bit of a beat to figure out, because whatever our first big thing is going to be, obviously that's going to define the company in a major way. So we want to get it right.
              Hypo
              Lil' Leaguer
              Last edited by Hypo; 03-04-2014, 02:42 AM.

Comment

"Girls" Star Lena Dunham to Write Four-Part "Archie" Story in 2015

Archie making moves!!!

Comment

Poor Archie

Comment

Courtesy of Tazer:

Archie to Bite the Big One

Comment

"Afterlife" is a big game-changer for Archie. It has made us think, "Wow, should the Archie movie be an 'Afterlife' movie?"
                      Did they SERIOUSLY consider making the first Archie movie based on something that is basically a "What If?" story radically different in tone from the comic that their prospective audiences would likely expect?

Because if so, that almost seems like an admission that they don't think Archie, as he has existed for years, is actually a strong enough concept to carry a movie.

I'm trying to think of an appropriate analogy of what an odd idea that seems, but I'm drawing a blank. Maybe if, when they first decided to make Marvel comics movies, they thought it would be a good idea to start with Marvel Zombies as the big-screen introduction to their characters?

Comment

Good point. They should transfer the brand to movies before they do the most radically different version.

Although, I wonder if Archie could be done in film. I would think it would be boring in live action, but if it was animated, what would be their core audience?

Comment

FYI, here's some Canadians riffing on what a modern, "gritty" Archie movie would be.

+ YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Exclusive First Look: AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #5

Comment

But I don't wanna wait til May 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                But I don't wanna wait til May 7.

Tell me about it.

I love this book.

Comment

Working...
                                X