The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 01-01-2020, 12:08 AM   #1
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Default Happy New Year!

It's 2020 in Germany, it's 2020 in England, so let me be the first to wish everyone a great hindsight year!
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:11 AM   #2
Space Cop
The Dandy

All the best to my GL-reading online friends.

Old 01-01-2020, 01:15 AM   #3
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Happy New Year!

I have tomorrow off, thankfully. Plan to get a few things done but otherwise I just want to relax. Not even going out tonight since I would rather have a nice bowl of soup and a few drinks at home.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:47 AM   #4
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Happy New Years everyone. Here's to a good new year, hopefully better then the last (looking at you Donald).
Old 01-01-2020, 11:09 PM   #5
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Installed a new shower head myself, cleaned my room a little bit (still needs a lot of work), went through a load of old Diamond Previews volumes (I cut out the pages of stuff I want but can't yet afford, and some of the art/adverts is great), and just a short bit ago we put fresh sealant caulk in many of the windows (there were very big gaps between the wooden frames and the plastic frames, we should have done it years ago). My stepdad had to show me how to use the caulk gun because I wasn't entirely familiar with it and his one hand is basically paralyzed (and yet he utterly refuses to see a doctor).

Played my game a bit and relaxed with my day off (until this weekend, then back to the usual grind). I need to read some comics to get through a bit of my backlog and then see if I can read a bit of the novels I have lying around my room. Overall a very productive day, only things I haven't gotten done are updating some roleplays and watching the five hundred YouTube videos from my subscriptions (doesn't help that some are a little long).
Old 01-02-2020, 01:46 AM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
....only things I haven't gotten done are updating some roleplays and watching the five hundred YouTube videos from my subscriptions (doesn't help that some are a little long).
I have that Youtube problem now. I have too many subscriptions and since I was trying to knock out the about-to-expire movies on Netflix the last few days of the year, I have hours of stuff backlogged. It'll take me a couple of days my streaming time to make it up now.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:00 AM   #7
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I was watching some of James's uploads, his Japanese Die Hard and 2019 Top 10 Moments, and in the second video he had clips of a Jurassic Park game from a few months ago. I went back and watched it since I had forgotten to and was really moved by the phone interview with Seamus Blackley, one of the guys behind JP: Trespasser, a bad game that the fan base gradually improved with patches and whatnot so that it's a lot better. Blackley talked about working with Spielberg and Attenborough and how much it helped the development team that Attenborough took them seriously, and how awful it was to rush the game out and he thought it was going to end his career.

It's been a long while since I've felt legitimately sorry for a game developer who put out a bad game, but that interview was incredibly moving and I'm glad the fans helped it out.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:39 PM   #8
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

to all U poozers out there....

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:58 PM   #9
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

At the very least, 2020 is already infinitely better than 2019 was given the lack of familial tragedy on New Year's Day. Here's hoping the rest of the year proves to be an overall improvement, as well.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:51 PM   #10
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
At the very least, 2020 is already infinitely better than 2019 was given the lack of familial tragedy on New Year's Day. Here's hoping the rest of the year proves to be an overall improvement, as well.
Glad to hear it's getting better. Hope the year gets better still.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.