The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 10-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #26
Satyrquaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
There are degrees you see, going from Peanut, Walnut, Cashew, Almond With Almond being akin to Homidical.

Darth_Andrea
Good to know I'll just file that away for later.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #27
raynersraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It'll be nothing short of a miracle if this even gets made. I'll believe it when I'm sitting in the theatre with my popcorn.
Exactly. It's exciting news, but we gotta remember that the Nicholas Cage/Tim Burton Superman, for example, was MUCH farther along and it still went poof.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #28
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynersraider View Post
Exactly. It's exciting news, but we gotta remember that the Nicholas Cage/Tim Burton Superman, for example, was MUCH farther along and it still went poof.
And we can always hope that if THIS film is anything like what I was hearing about THAT film, it will go "poof", too.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:17 AM   #29
KILLER-CLONE
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynersraider View Post
It did go 'Poof'. Look who ended up directing it. Aaaaaanyway......
KILLER-CLONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:01 AM   #30
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

From SHH!:
Columbus Short Turns Down Green Lantern

Smart move or dumb move? Actor Columbus Short tells MTV he turned down the role of Green Lantern in George Miller's Justice League at Warner Bros., which we assume also includes the Greg Berlanti-directed spin-off Green Lantern:

"'Justice League' is going to be dope, it's going to be huge," grinned the fast-rising star, before dropping a second bomb: "But it's not the movie for me."

That's right - Columbus Short has not only been considered for "Justice League", but has already turned the filmmakers (including director George Miller) down cold. In joining the ranks of Biel and who knows how many others, Short said that he ultimately decided the script was too much popcorn for his taste.

You'd have to be a moron to turn down a superhero film. Especially the chance to play GL. They made a mistake saying GL is a spin off of JL though. Since Green Lantern will be stand alone and star Hal not John. Oh well.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:24 AM   #31
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

Yeah, I mean there are far worse things to be known for than being a Super Hero.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:18 AM   #32
PowerRingE3

Quote:
It'll be nothing short of a miracle if this even gets made. I'll believe it when I'm sitting in the theatre with my popcorn.
I'm hopin but yea, i feel tha same...
Old 10-31-2007, 04:36 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

When I really think about it... I'm a bit suspicious that this will actually star Hal. I mean, think about it... apparently this Hal project has been being bounced around since before the JLA deal came up. We already know the Flash movie will be a direct spin-off of the JLA movie... but not Green Lantern? I'm real wary... if there wouldn't be at least some pressure by WB to make the GL in the GL movie John Stewart as a result, I'd be surprised.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:44 PM   #34
Mister Ed

Quote:
When I really think about it... I'm a bit suspicious that this will actually star Hal. I mean, think about it... apparently this Hal project has been being bounced around since before the JLA deal came up. We already know the Flash movie will be a direct spin-off of the JLA movie... but not Green Lantern? I'm real wary... if there wouldn't be at least some pressure by WB to make the GL in the GL movie John Stewart as a result, I'd be surprised.
Wasn't there a rumor that one of the JLA members dies in the movie? If that's true, the most likely candidates are Flash and GL, Flash because Flashes have a habit of dying, and GL because he can easily be replaced in future movies. (Also, and I know this is cynical, but it sure seems like the "black guy" in an ensemble movie gets killed off distressingly often. Heck, even in TRANSFORMERS, who gets killed? The one that SOUNDS like he's black.)

If GL gets killed in the JLA movie, they might be more open to having a prequel GL movie with a different star. Or they might change continuity to have John Stewart pre-date Hal, with Abin Sur getting the ring upon John's death, and THEN passing it on to Hal.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:54 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Wasn't there a rumor that one of the JLA members dies in the movie?
Not that I've read, and AICN posted up a pretty in-depth point-by-point of the script.

Quote:
If that's true, the most likely candidates are Flash and GL,
Well, it can't be The Flash even if this is true. We know from the script review that Barry Allen dies at the beginning of the movie, and the Flash that joins the JLA is Wally. We also know that the Flash movie to spinoff from JLA will be Wally.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:25 PM   #36
Satyrquaze

Quote:
Not that I've read, and AICN posted up a pretty in-depth point-by-point of the script.
Giant Spider at the climax?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:26 PM   #37
Mister Ed

Quote:
Well, it can't be The Flash even if this is true. We know from the script review that Barry Allen dies at the beginning of the movie, and the Flash that joins the JLA is Wally. We also know that the Flash movie to spinoff from JLA will be Wally.
Maybe this is the source of the rumor. Somebody heard about Barry dying, and didn't realize that it was at the beginning, and he was replaced by Wally.

If nobody dies, then, yeah, I'm kind of surprised that a GL movie will feature Hal, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic. (For my part, after the first movie, I'd be just as happy with John, but I have this fanboy need to see Hal's origin story translated to the big screen.)
Old 11-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #38
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu

Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea

I wonder how the Writers Guild strike will effect the status of this project and the other DC movies in pre-production currently. Each day that nothing happens is a day that each film loses money.

Darth_Andrea
Old 01-10-2008, 03:29 AM   #39
JL4GL

What actor would make a good Hal?? I remember way back when 'Emerald Twilight' occured, one of DC's advertisements suggested Dennis Quaid, and dang if he did not resemble Hal back then - of course the technology effects weren't as good then for him to have been GL if a movie had been made...he'd have to be an old Hal now I guess...
Old 01-10-2008, 03:37 AM   #40
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

I'm overjoyed that Hal Jordan is gonna be the star of Green Lantern, but I really hope the film does well enuff for a sequel, and Guy Gardner gets some screen time ... However, Hollywood would probably turn Guy into a Chinese midget ...
Old 01-12-2008, 07:17 AM   #41
JL4GL

Worse yet, what if they'd combine Guy, John and Kyle into one, in and 'effort' to make it less 'confusing' to the general audience and they wind up with someone like either Jack Black or Chris Tucker as 'Kyle J. Gardner'??
Old 01-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #42
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

I suspect it would be a black guy named Kyle who wears a vest.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #43
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

and his last name is Jordan. he was given the ring by Abin Sur . he's an artist/architect/test pilot/former marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:20 AM   #44
Limelantern
Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

Send a message via Skype™ to Limelantern

So, if the JLA movie is on hold (Hollywoodenese for cancelled) I wonder if we'll see anything on the solo film again.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #45
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelantern View Post
So, if the JLA movie is on hold (Hollywoodenese for cancelled) I wonder if we'll see anything on the solo film again.
We should hear lots of things when the strike is over. A lot of reports and bubbling that the strike might even be over as soon as a week from now.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #46
EmeraldKnight0908

The thought of John being in the JLA movie makes me very nervous because hollywood thinks (with due cause) that the mass public are morons, so they wouldn't want to confuse GLs in people's heads "Mommy, why isn't Green Lantern black anymore...?"

Sigh. They should just scrap the whole JLA movie. I hate to say it, but Marvel is doing it right by introducing every character of the Avengers FIRST in their own movie before combining them. DC/WB is jumping the gun here, trying to make a team movie without introducing each member of the team separately. How many average, non-comic book reading movie goers are going to know Flash's origin story, or GL's, or J'onzz's? Very few. This is a big mistake on WB's part.

=Greg=
Old 03-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #47
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

Believe me, I'd be all for a movie introducing each member of the JLA. Lets say Hal, Ollie, Jonn, Barry and Diana.

But this is DC we're talking about here, not gonna happen. I'm just happy something is coming out at all, if it still is.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #48
GreenLanternGeek

WRITER/DIRECTOR TALKS 'GREEN LANTERN' MOVIE
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/031108glmovie.html

I'm not sure about how I feel about this though
Old 03-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #49
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Sounds good so far. Let's hope they don't fuck this up.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #50
lokeinlyesmith

On a mildly related note...

http://freefall0221.deviantart.com/a...Movie-75150644

How cool is that??