The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 08-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #51
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonACBB View Post
I get what your saying, we just don't agree. I just have more confidence in WB's abilities.
Fair enough.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #52
MasonACBB
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Fair enough.
And regarding the constructs, I also have plenty of reservations. But I think no matter what they'll look sick as fuck in action.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #53
The_Brightest_Day
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Simple explanation. The JLA don't want a murderer on their team just yet......so no Supes
Beg pardon?
Old 08-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #54
Shingo Wol

Superman killed The "Pocket Dimension" Phantom zone villains a few decades ago.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #55
The_Brightest_Day
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingo Wol View Post
Superman killed The "Pocket Dimension" Phantom zone villains a few decades ago.

Yes, this much I am aware of. I own the comics. John Bryne drew and wrote the issue in question. In it, Superman had to kill the Kryptonians in question, because they were stripped of their powers by that dimensions Gold Kryptonite. They swore that they'd get their powers back somehow and told Superman that when they did, they'd come to his dimension and do the very same thing there that they did to their own dimension. Since these were 3 Pre-Crisis power level Kryptonians, that was not a chance he, nor I, if I were in his position, would have taken. Because he, nor anyone else, could have stopped them.

AT ALL.

I am also aware that the story in question HAD BEEN RETCONNED.

That being said, I fail to see how it's not easier to just say 'I can't stand Superman and would sooner slit my wrists than to see him in a Justice League movie' than saying 'They don't want a murderer on their team just yet'. Especially given what would be Hal's future endeavors. But that's just me.

And I guess I'm just a bit touchy because I'm a severe Superman fan to begin with, but whatever.

Do whatcha like.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #56
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

I dont remember anything happening which retcons this story out.......can any1 refresh my memory plz??

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #57
The_Brightest_Day
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

I dont remember anything happening which retcons this story out.......can any1 refresh my memory plz??

Tazer
Infinite Crisis retcons it out, when they restore the part of Superman's life where he's Superboy. In the alternate dimension in question, as you may recall, the 3 Kryptonians' main enemy was Superboy. Before Infinite Crisis, Superman was never Superboy. Afterwards, he was. Everything was melded into one. So after Infinite Crisis when Superman runs into the 3 Kryptonians again, it is implied that he has never ran into anyone with the names Zod, Ursa or Non. A change from when during Our Worlds At War, he couldn't stop thinking about killing pocket dimension Zod when encountering the Zod from Polkistan. I think that's how that country is spelled. Although, one could say that it was retconned out further before Infinite Crisis during Brian Azzerello's run of Superman with Jim Lee. When Superman created the Vanishing, he created a world inside the Phantom Zone that humans could inhabit, in case what happened to Krypton, ever happened to Earth. I don't know to this day what the hell Azzerello was trying to accomplish, but Zod (yet another version of him) was inside the Phantom Zone. Superman made no mention of the fact that he had ran into a version of him before. I could be mistaken.

You have no idea how painful it is to watch your favorite superhero be subjected to crappy storylines such as For Tomorrow. Or maybe you do. Jim Lee was the saving grace of that entire run. I react to the storyline in that piece the way I react to Frank Miller's storytelling.

With absolute horror.

Although, I was shocked that they put Jim Lee on Superman. They usually give EVERYTHING TO BATMAN. The best artists. The best storytellers. The whole shebang. They ride that gravy train to absolute OBLIVION.

They never put their manpower where it's needed. If you put someone like Jim Lee or Andy Kubert or Ed McGuiness on other tier characters, you wouldn't have to worry about selling copies of Aquaman or the Martian Manhunter, because they'd effing sell themselves. Especially if they have a great writer to boot. Look at what happened to Hal. When he returned, on issue 10, we got Johns and Reis. I had never seen Reis's artwork before. And now I can't live without it.

Anyway, I hope I answered your question.

Last edited by The_Brightest_Day; 08-09-2010 at 02:10 PM.
The_Brightest_Day is offline   Reply With Quote