No announcement yet.

Green Lanterns #34 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it makes more sense if they are in uneven distribution around the universe, and not set up in an even grid pattern based on every sector's "slice of pie" formation. Like SC said, some areas are disputed, have treaties, shipping lanes etc, which adds some more plausability to the whole thing.

Comment

I think it's kind of ridiculous that the Green Lanterns are not paid. I could understand the Guardians or whatever administration in the Corps not paying in USD, but I would think they'd have a system set up to compensate the Lanterns for their tireless efforts. For example, the Guardians could pay an Earth Lantern in gold or other precious metals and minerals, or there could be some kind of exchange system the Lanterns could use. It is a big universe, after all. There should be plenty of possibilities. But I should keep my mouth shut, because these are my own ideas, and I shouldn't be solving problems for DC Comics.

More than anything I feel this is due to a lack of world building, because this aspect of the story doesn't make good sense. It's unreasonable to expect the Lanterns to have another job and it's also unreasonable to expect them to effectively do their jobs as Lanterns if they're only barely getting by, or not getting by at all.

Speaking of lack of world building, it is good to see someone actually making use of Sector 2814 outside of Earth and whatever other places Geoff Johns used for his Emotional Spectrum idea.
      Star-Lantern
      Weaponer of Qward
      Last edited by Star-Lantern; 11-05-2017, 01:42 PM.
      ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

^I agree. I guess I get the idea that payment could lead to Sinesto-like exploitation. But realistically guys and gals who volunteer (say as a fireman) do it part-time and cannot be expected to be on call 24-7. But that's exactly what a GL must be. And a call could take them one minute or two weeks to answer. So, what, Jessica gets a job as a barista. She's at work for 45 minutes and gets a call that she has to save a ambassador on Planet X from an assassin. She supposed to tell her boss "I gotta go. I might be back in a couple minutes or a month"?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          I like that Simon ended up in a sector house. During that whole thing I was thinking "yeah, being a GL doesn't pay earth money, but if they so choose, they can eat and board on Mogo or a sector house."

It sucks to think of a GL even having to have a job. It's just not going to work. There are going to be times when a mission suddenly calls them away and they don't return for four days. The only jobs that can possibly stand that are freelance ones that you finish on your own time.
          That's true. And it gives them more opportunites to explore the sector, and for Simon to get with that alien Miley Cyrus, Bleez, and some other women.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmode View Post
            That's true. And it gives them more opportunites to explore the sector, and for Simon to get with that alien Miley Cyrus, Bleez, and some other women.
            You mean to get his Kirk on?

Comment

I miss that. They should bring back that side of Hal. Pit stops at sector houses could have all sorts of fringe benefits!

Comment

Indeed. And I'm sure old Simon could rack up the numbers, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
                  Reading more into it I guess they chose Scott to embody the Green Lantern mythos, even incorporating some of the Silver Age science fiction GL staples into the old character, because Hal was still affected by Parallax in Earth-22. They didn't want to use Kyle, so they went with Scott. It makes sense I guess, but still seems like Hal got the short stick on that one.
                  They weren't allowed to use Hal because of the Hal vs. Kyle thing, so we got an Alan Scott that was essentially Hal Jordan.
                  "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                  Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                  Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                  who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                  to change the world. This time, Lord...
                  Let me be worthy."

Comment

And he likes to streetrace and stuff, too, that might turn Carol on. Another blow to the Hal Jordan ego, lol!

Comment

Working...
                    X