STILL Playing DCU Online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STILL Playing DCU Online?

I mainly ask cause they recently released the water powers as well as Episode 28 sending you back in time... TO FIGHT PER DEGATON ALONGSIDE THE JSA OF THE 40'S!!!!

Oh, and did anybody else catch that since Ep 21 you can play with friends across consoles?! PC, PS3, ans PS4 can all play together now [I think you and your friends just have to add each other to be seen]. Dunno if it includes X-Box folks though...

Some of the newer power sets include Atomic [based on Firestorm], Quantum [based on Capt. Atom], Celestial [based on Spectre], and the aforementioned Water [based on Mera, Aqua-people, etc.].

There's tons of new emblems, suits, styles, and such as well including the Jim Lee Kyle Rayner symbol!

I just started playing it again the other night with my 8 year old. I made an exact replica of post Rebirth Capt. Atom!

~//V\\~

I have not played this game in many years but I remember it being a decent enough time waster. To anyone playing it now, does it have more substance than around launch?
    Tell me you hate your boyfriend and love me.

INVISIBLE SKY DADDY TO THE RESCUE!!!

You don't have to be stupid to believe in God. But it helps.

You can tell a Yorkshireman....but you can't tell him much.

Comment

Yo.

.......I'm amazed this thing is *still* running.

Tazer
      Tazer
      That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
      Last edited by Tazer; 09-18-2019, 02:39 PM.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I still play it, I'm up to 29 characters and counting!

Comment

Has it gotten vastly better, or is it sort of the same game it was at first?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            It's the same sort of game, overall, but there've been a lot of changes. Whether for the better, or for the worse, depends greatly on what you're looking for in a MMORPG.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              There have been quite a few changes actually, I think for the better. Graphics continue to be updated for powers and they semi recently worked on the various side powers and skill trees to make them more balanced and easier to manage. You now also have to be Level 9 before you are granted Watchtower/Hall of Doom access, and after you complete the tour you get your own secret HQ in either Gotham or Metropolis. A nice addition to promote big story arcs in the comics, tv, and movies had them updating skins for a time that featured Supergirl's CW look, Superman's Rebirth suit that didn't have red undies [this still may be on there, not sure if they went back to the classic since the last time I played], and Atlantis became more of like an open city and hub in a new expansion to promote the then-current Aquaman arc in the comics with skins all based on the artist of the book.

They also reintroduced the Teen Titans into the game based on more recent iterations and featuring Damian Wayne. The universe as a whole recently has been equal parts pre-New52 era and post DCU Rebirth era. One of the more recent episodes was based on Dark Knights Metal and you can get the looks of some of the dark Batmen like Red Death. I'm about to make time to try it on X-Box One, though I had some pretty slick heroes on PS4. They've got so many different suit collections now its ridiculous, there's wiki's online to tell you where to find them or purchase them. JL: Dark was recently formed in the game's cannon and I can't wait to check this out...

I think going on now they've opened up all the power sets and expanded Episodes/Levels for a short time to generate some interest again and to promote something in the comics or expanded media. It ends sometime in the beginning of Feb.

Comment

Working...
              X