General

Old 08-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #26
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

People are fucking disgusting
Old 08-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #27
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Can't we just have nice things and enjoy said nice things without people acting like massive twat faces? Is it just too much to ask that people not act like twat faces?

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #28
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Why does anyone else care about what kinds of photos he sent to his ex-girlfriends?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:49 PM   #29
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

It looks like it wasn't limited to ex-girlfriends, but it's really hard to tell.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...ner-of-comics/
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #30
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
It looks like it wasn't limited to ex-girlfriends, but it's really hard to tell.

Sounds to me like it was...but I might be parsing the post wrong.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:08 AM   #31
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Sounds to me like it was...but I might be parsing the post wrong.
I took it as two ladies whom he took to be girlfriends at the time but who did not think of themselves as such. Goes to show you: do not send naked pictures of yourself to anyone unless they are begging you to do so in writing (even then, I'd advise against it).
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6
Space Cop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:16 AM   #32
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I took it as two ladies whom he took to be girlfriends at the time but who did not think of themselves as such. Goes to show you: do not send naked pictures of yourself to anyone unless they are begging you to do so in writing (even then, I'd advise against it).
He says he was sexually active with the recipients of said pictures though, so I guess I don't understand what the furor is about? Of course he could be lying, that's entirely possible.

Brief tangent: I never understood the appeal of dick pics. People may like penises, they might want to use said penis, but even if you want them who wants to look at them? They're ugly...of course the fact that I'm straight probably plays a huge role in this opinion.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:21 AM   #33
IonFan
Forum Member

oh for the love of god, this is why i say when you take a pic of something think before you send it to someone else "does she or he really want to see this" and/or "can this pic be used against me in the future"

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:22 AM   #34
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Brief tangent: I never understood the appeal of dick pics. People may like penises, they might want to use said penis, but even if you want them who wants to look at them? They're ugly...of course the fact that I'm straight probably plays a huge role in this opinion.
There does seem to be something pathetic about a guy essentially e-mailing or sexting "check out the merchandise, ladies."
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 AM   #35
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
...and/or "can this pic be used against me in the future"
Yeah, that was kind of my main point. It's even worse with celebs. Come on, if you are a really famous person that people want to see nude, do not make a sex tape! No matter what you think of the other party at the time, do not do it.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:26 AM   #36
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah, that was kind of my main point. It's even worse with celebs. Come on, if you are a really famous person that people want to see nude, do not make a sex tape! No matter what you think of the other party at the time, do not do it.
or at least make some money off it, hello PlayBoy (or PlayGirl cause he's a guy................. right?!?!?!?!?)

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:38 AM   #37
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
There does seem to be something pathetic about a guy essentially e-mailing or sexting "check out the merchandise, ladies."
its no diff than a chic sending a boob- or vag-shot to somebody; tons of ppl really DO like looking @ naughty bits (even if they try to be quiet about it.)

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #38
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
its no diff than a chic sending a boob- or vag-shot to somebody; tons of ppl really DO like looking @ naughty bits (even if they try to be quiet about it.)
Well, blame my puritanical upbringing, but I'd find a just vaginal photo (with no context of the whole woman) kind of creepy/dirty too. Don't get me wrong, I'm an admirer of the female form, but I wouldn't be comfortable asking that of my wife (if I had one).
Old 08-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #39
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:
Well, blame my puritanical upbringing, but I'd find a just vaginal photo (with no context of the whole woman) kind of creepy/dirty too. Don't get me wrong, I'm an admirer of the female form, but I wouldn't be comfortable asking that of my wife (if I had one).
This

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #40
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Sometimes you gotta put it on the table and let em know.

-------------------

The problem for Yale is that not only did he send pics to TWO women that weren't thrilled with it, but BOTH of them work in the industry! That's your livelihood buddy. I can't imagine the fear of losing all of your income just that quickly. Still, as someone who has sent and requested the occasional digital tease, I find it just a bit hard to believe he completely misread the situation...twice.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #41
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
-------------------

The problem for Yale is that not only did he send pics to TWO women that weren't thrilled with it, but BOTH of them work in the industry! That's your livelihood buddy. I can't imagine the fear of losing all of your income just that quickly. Still, as someone who has sent and requested the occasional digital tease, I find it just a bit hard to believe he completely misread the situation...twice.
Yep, don't shit where you eat. Or in this case, don't snap naughty photographs and send it to people who you WORK WITH. Maybe not directly work with, but this would be like sending your dick pic to Gayle down in accounting, who you might not work with directly but you're still at the same work place.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #42
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I'm just over here like where's the pic at
Old 08-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #43
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Maybe it wasn't very impressive and hence the "I don't want this" double response.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #44
SocializingMogo
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Still, as someone who has sent and requested the occasional digital tease, I find it just a bit hard to believe he completely misread the situation...twice.
I don't. Not everyone is a good judge of character.
However I agree, he's an idiot for posting dick-pics to someone who can mess with his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
4chan.
SocializingMogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #45
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I wouldn't even begin to know how to find things on that site lol. I've actually never visited it.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #46
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

I originally thought the furor was solely regarding the Ferguson Wallpaper, which...I can see both sides of really. Farinas is right, there is a level of gross to it, but then that's coming from someone who's sick to fucking death of BOSTON STRONG.

On the other hand, it's harmless and I like Yale's work. People who don't like it don't have to buy it.

The DickPics...
sigh.

Children of the internet age, please go back and reread "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." Find the section where Arthur Weasley says to Ginny:

"Never trust anything if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
Then re-read that line until it sinks in that ROWLING WAS TALKING ABOUT THE INTERNET.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #47
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

As a man, I've never understood the fascination of wanting to expose yourself for a girlfriend (or anyone) on a photo. "Here, world! Check out my rooster!" Hell, I'm married and I still wouldn't do that for my wife, and I know that there is zero percent chance of it being leaked.

Regarding the story, something has got to be missing because the timing seems off. Did he send the dick pics to these women after the respective relationships ended? If you're sexually active or in a relationship with someone, it doesn't seem like a big deal to send explicit shots, unless they were both one-night stands, and the women wanted nothing to do with him afterwards.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #48
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

If it was unsolicited, that's on him.
If they were solicited, and the person who got them just started spreading them around...that's on them. And really shitty of them, to be honest.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #49
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I would say that, if you have sex with somebody that does not equal implied approval of them sending you naked pictures, but it should, at least, mean that if they do so, your relationship ought to be close enough that you can tell them straight out, at the time, that you don't want such a thing sent to you.

Personally, I think it is stupid to send naked pictures of yourself to somebody's phone in the first place, and doing so without being specifically invited is a truly horrible idea, but in the case where the person involved has already been sexually involved with you, they should give you the benefit of the doubt, and a response telling you to stop if they aren't interested, rather than silence and later public revelation.

If there was no sexual relationship involved, I'd say, by all means shame the person. I still think it is common courtesy to tell them directly that it is unwanted if it is somebody you know (in addition to the shaming, if you want), but can certainly understand not wanting to have even THAT much contact with somebody sending you creepy sex-related pics.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 08-21-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #50
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale Stewart
Have I sent intimate photos of myself to women before? Yes. I’ll absolutely admit to that. As a 26 year-old bachelor with a relatively healthy sex life in the internet age, these things happen. However, every photo sent was in direct response to either a photo received or a specific request, mutually agreed upon by two consenting adults.

Or so I thought.

Two years ago, I was engaged in two separate relationships with women whom I was sexually active with. Given the nature of these relationships, my experiences in past relationships, and various dialogues with these women, I thought it had been established within each relationship that intimate or explicit photos were acceptable, possibly even desired.

I GROSSLY misread the situation.
........going strictly off of HIS version of events, I still dont see wat all the fuss was about given neither woman communicated to him that they didnt enjoy the Yale-penjo snapshots, and they were women he'd HAD a a relationship with.

also, Ulises Farinas is a douchebag. a MASSIVE douchbag.

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Last edited by Tazer; 08-21-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote