Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like the smell of old comic books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like the smell of old comic books?

I do. It's like breathing in a bit of history.

haha, it reminds me of a pot shop

Comment

I do as well. I also like the look and feel of real paper as compared to new comic paper.
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

yep but i dont mind the *achoos i get . the feel of the old papers is cool also

Comment

That "old paper smell" is just part of the whole experience of reading an old book, period, not just old comic books! And frankly, it's one of those experiences that you can ONLY get from reading actual bound pages. No matter how far the whole idea of e-books goes, they'll never truly be able to replace the real thing, because you can't get that "old book smell" from pixels on a screen.

Comment

Damn straight. In the end, reality>virtual reality.

I'm a vintage guy myself, I like all the old stuff. Whether its books, cars, machines in general, everything about the past is cool. The present...eh it is what it is. The future? Who the F knows.
            sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Sure... why not... as long as they were from clean smoke free homes.
              I especially quite like the smell of old paperback novels... I dunno why.
              Strangely, old hardback books just don't smell the same way... weird.
              Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

hahaha! i like this thread... so guys, is there a specific way on how you smell your old comics? do you have your own method? hehehe

Comment

I snort comicbooks whenever I get the chance!

Comment

Yeah, I do.. the smell of comics is as delicious as its reading.. their smell also enters one's memory!

Comment

Especially if they are rank...

Comment

That's funny, I was joking with my LCS owner yesterday that he's starting to loose his comic book smell because he had a 50-75% sale on his back issues last weekend.

Comment

LOL... damn... you should've told me about that... I would've taken a drive down with my friends and we would've bought a ton of comics.

Comment

I love the smell of old comic books. And novels. It's like sipping a wine from its given year.

Comment

I love the smell - I'm suddenly a 12 year old kid again - smells are the best for memory - they can bring back something you havent thought of in 10 years
                              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Working...
                              X