The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Larfleeze
FLASHCHAT

Larfleeze
View Poll Results: Rate Larfleeze #1
* 4 26.67%
** 3 20.00%
*** 1 6.67%
**** 1 6.67%
***** 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #26
Mechinoid
Hal's Understudy

I quite enjoy it, and probably enjoy the 2 arcs they'll make before the inevitable cancel. It could be that I'm in a strange spell where I'm so used to Geoff's style that any lantern book with differences doesn't matter to me anymore, so any change in origin I just didn't mind. I like the look of the cosmic badguy, and the tease of other orange lanterns chaining Larfleeze up down the line seems interesting too.

Sidenote, I'd have to look back, but is it also possible that the panels are the things Stargrave was imagining? Either way I'm going for the nice ride while it lasts.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #27
Evergreen City
Corps Den Mother

The birth sequence was a little much, but at least we know he's mammalian. Believe Giffen and DeMatteis are treating the opportunity as a great cosmic joke, and the satire falls flat due to Kolins' art. Credits reminiscent of a Mel Brooks movie, the best part. Looking forward to next issue, but doubt anything will top the Christmas one-shot of a few years back for character development.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.
Evergreen City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #28
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

This issue threw out all of Larfleeze's previous character development.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #29
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Is there really going to BE character development for Larfleeze? He's a muppet with a ring. I see a string of silly misadventures starring Larfleeze that will border self parody.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #30
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

There was plenty before. No excuse to ditch it now. Remember, he was never designed to be a muppet with a ring. That came later.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #31
jeezon
Corps Recruit

Send a message via Skype™ to jeezon

let issie will relaesed, then i will be judge of that
jeezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #32
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL
Default :Moderator:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD80MAC View Post
There was plenty before. No excuse to ditch it now. Remember, he was never designed to be a muppet with a ring. That came later.
I thought the same thing, and then I went back and read his first story in GL, and my mind changed. No, he wasn't as comical then, but he wasn't that much different in his first appearance as to how he is now. Go back and read it, and you might see what I mean. In his first appearance he seemed very evil and powerful, but really, he was just scared because the Guardians broke their deal with him. He says throughout "go away, leave me alone, this is mine". He was scared the Guardians were going to take his power away, and fought vehemently to defend it. Remember also that Hal had a Blue Ring at the time, and as soon as Larfleeze saw it, he went crazy over it and wanted it.

For a long time I've felt the same as you, that originally he was much darker than he is now, but no longer. He's always been the same guy, just in different situations - one defending his stuff, the other wanting to gain more. I have grown to like Larfleeze a lot as a character, despite how "goofy" he might seem. You have to remember as well his situation - he is never satisfied, always hungry for more stuff. That alone is enough to drive someone bonkers.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote