Geoff Johns steps down as CCO, starts new production company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    No, I'm disagreeing with you, an overall production deal wouldn't be a big deal for Johns' to get, a first look deal would be a big deal, if it is in fact a first look deal, since only a few places have reported it as such.

I mean the fact that WB only had 25 of them last year shows that they're not handing them out to everyone.
    A first-look deal is simply free office space and amenities for a producer, in return for the company getting dibs on his projects. Johns already had that as CCO.

Comment

Look, his new company website is up...

http://www.madghostproductions.com/category/film/

... only listing movies it has nothing to do with (beyond the simple virtue of Geoff already having something to do with them before it existed).

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
        Look, his new company website is up...

http://www.madghostproductions.com/category/film/

... only listing movies it has nothing to do with (beyond the simple virtue of Geoff already having something to do with them before it existed).
        I notice he doesn't list Green Lantern and Justice League on there. I suspect he might later take Aquaman off his home page and maybe Shazam too. We'll see.

Comment

Oh, and Dave...

Geoff's new line of Kill Zone comics sounds an awful lot like this, doesn't it?

http://community.comicbookresources....g-minis-for-DC

Comment

Probably for the best, but it does signal that WB's director for the DCEU continues to be "directionless". I just hope Shazam and Aquaman turn out well at this point honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              Oh, and Dave...

Geoff's new line of Kill Zone comics sounds an awful lot like this, doesn't it?

http://community.comicbookresources....g-minis-for-DC
              I think Johns/DC is poaching your ideas again! You are onto something here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                I think Johns/DC is poaching your ideas again! You are onto something here!!!
                When something happens THAT many times, it's not a coincidence. But there was no "poaching." I wanted them to do that stuff.

Comment

He was being sarcastic ya maroon

Comment

I'm aware of that, whiz kid. Thanks for your help though.

This is what I posted at CBR today. And nobody disputed it, because they knew it was true.

A lot of what I'll called for DC to do, they've done it or seem likely to. Let's see...
                    -- Twice-monthly publishing
                    -- John Stewart in the JL, in place of Baz and Cruz.
                    -- The Golden Age JSA brought to this era as young characters.
                    -- A Flash team title.
                    -- A line of minis that feature second-tier characters.
                    -- The LoS brought to this era permanently.

Two other proposals that economics will probably make necessary sooner or later:
                    -- Junking decompression.
                    -- Printing floppies on newsprint.

Looking less hopeful, but not impossible:
                    -- Powering down the most extravagantly powered characters.
                    -- Junking the emotional spectrum.
                    -- Finding something for Baz and Cruz to do besides be Green Lanterns.
                    -- A Charlton team title.

I don't have a lot more that I'd like to change!
                    Trey Strain
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-14-2018, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Or maybe they didn’t dispute it because they’re just as tired of your delusions of grandeur as we are

Comment

Back on topic, Johns was a victim of his own success. He was lauded too much and handed too much power. He should not have had his fingers in every pie at DC.

I hope the company learned something from this.

Comment

It seems possible that the position of chief creative officer is being abolished at DC. If so, I think that's an excellent idea. The company's properties and creative endeavors are much too diverse for any one person to have his fingers in every pie.

Comment

How is that possible when Jim Lee has already been confirmed as the new CCO?

Comment

I hope they'll phase it out. It just doesn't make sense.

Comics, television and movies are different animals. A guy who is good in one of those areas won't always be good in the other two. Hell, I'm skeptical that one guy should have creative control over all the comics.
                              Trey Strain
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-14-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Johns was a decent writer before he became editor proof. But that's a very long time ago now. Nobody has dared to give him any sticky notes since a little bit after "Rebirth."

Comment

Working...
                                X