Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods, can we get a sticky on this thread? I'm sure other people will have similar questions.

Comment

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSS SS

+ YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

What issue had a new GL introduced (gets a ring) and killed in the same issue?

There are probably more than one here, but I'm thinking Vol2...

Comment

There have been plenty. Yron for example, who got the ring after Stel died, but gave his life so that Stel could return and truly save the day. Anything more specific you remember?

Comment

Does anyone know how many Green Lanterns Geoff Johns killed off? He killed few if any that he created, but the carnage he inflicted on Lanterns who other writers created must have been large.

Comment

Originally posted by Foghorn Lantern View Post
              Does anyone know how many Green Lanterns Geoff Johns killed off? He killed few if any that he created, but the carnage he inflicted on Lanterns who other writers created must have been large.
              I do seem to recall him bringing back some that other writers had killed (like Marz). Would we subtract those from the total? Or is that a totally separate question?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                I do seem to recall him bringing back some that other writers had killed (like Marz). Would we subtract those from the total? Or is that a totally separate question?
                You could make a note of those to balance it out as much as possible.

Comment

I'm actually curious to figure out the exact answer to this, now. Unfortunately I don't have the time to make a systematic survey of all the stuff Johns has ever written with GLs in it (I'm assuming that we are counting anything he wrote, not just the GL title, so long as a GL died? Because I recall some dying in events he penned).

I hope somebody else does, though.

Comment

Yes. All the GLs. I believe the total might be a lot higher than is generally thought.

Maybe people should just start posting the names of the ones they can think of and we could total them later.

Comment

We'll have to be careful, though. Sometimes GLs died during Geoff's tenure on GL, but in other books he didn't write. It is sometimes hard to recall which ones those were.

Unless we just want to blame him for all of it, under the assumption that he was controlling all things GL behind the scenes...I'm not sure I'm prepared to believe that he micromanaged other titles quite that much, though, to dictate specific GLs to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        We'll have to be careful, though. Sometimes GLs died during Geoff's tenure on GL, but in other books he didn't write. It is sometimes hard to recall which ones those were.

Unless we just want to blame him for all of it, under the assumption that he was controlling all things GL behind the scenes...I'm not sure I'm prepared to believe that he micromanaged other titles quite that much, though, to dictate specific GLs to die.
                        List the ones you're confident he killed off. Put an asterisk beside the others.

Comment

Well, I'll start it off by saying I know he killed Saarek, in the lead-up to Blackest Night I think.

Also, as everybody knows, he also brought Hal Jordan back to life (I think he was supposed to still be technically dead as the Spectre, right?).
                          Mister Ed
                          Horse of a Different Color
                          Last edited by Mister Ed; 10-12-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Do you even count all the times a ring would come floating back and say the ring bearer of such and such sector was dead? So many nameless GLs died off panel. To do this you have to skim through every issue of his run, and those he heavily oversaw. Just to get a number.

Comment

The Lanternless rings would count. And if it happened under his supervision but he didn't carry out the execution himself, list it but put an asterix beside it.

Just list all the ones you can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                                Do you even count all the times a ring would come floating back and say the ring bearer of such and such sector was dead? So many nameless GLs died off panel. To do this you have to skim through every issue of his run, and those he heavily oversaw. Just to get a number.
                                I could be wrong, but it also seemed like in the big events there were a bunch of nameless GLs that get mowed down but whom we can't be sure died. It's kind of like counting the fatalities in The Longest Day.

Comment

Working...
                                X