No announcement yet.

Old Kyle fact can be laid to rest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Kyle tweaked his ring after his first stint as Ion, it adopted a new look to match his symbol for a short time and had a combo of Hal's ring's functions and Kyle's. Reserve power, auto return, gas tank charge, no yellow weakness, and the personal shield similar to Hal's that protects the wearer from mortal harm.

I'd say Kyle's ring is pretty standard since everybody has the gas tank charge now and yellow effects rookies and Lanterns not on their A-game.

~KL~

Comment

They've actually never touched upon if Kyle's ring is still tied to his genetic template or not since Rebirth. Would be an interesting thing to revisit down the road, as would seeing Cary Wren again.
      "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
      Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
      Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
      who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
      to change the world. This time, Lord...
      Let me be worthy."

Comment

Cary Wren should be an active GL in the Legion same as Rond Vidar. No reason they couldn't co-exist.

~KL~

Comment

I think the retcon was that Kyle's ring is only special because of it's immunity to yellow. If it was special before, it clearly isn't now. Although I wouldn't mind it being so. I don't think it's really worthwhile anymore, though.

On that note, there's very few scans of the ring's short-lived redesign. So here's two.

Attached Files

Comment

I like Kyle's first design better myself.
            Figures for Sale/Trade: DCUC/DCD/Green Lantern Related *CHEAP*
            Formally known as TMarcumUSN (or "Marcus" freakin' Bruce Castle haha)

I'm a leaf on the wind...

Comment

I'd say it's a little bit of both. At first, it may have seemed like Ganthet just picked him out of the blue (no pun intended), but that was clearly a marketing decision. As GL history is constantly being rearranged and retconned, it's abundantly clear now that he was chosen. Ganthet's got some pretty good foresight.
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                I'd say it's a little bit of both. At first, it may have seemed like Ganthet just picked him out of the blue (no pun intended), but that was clearly a marketing decision. As GL history is constantly being rearranged and retconned, it's abundantly clear now that he was chosen. Ganthet's got some pretty good foresight.
                He was initially picked at random... but it was to make him a more relatable character... and everyman "this could have been you" type of deal. rocks

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                  Cary Wren should be an active GL in the Legion same as Rond Vidar. No reason they couldn't co-exist.
                  aside from the fact that shes not from the right future (altho, tbch they could just make another 1 who is)??

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
                    They've actually never touched upon if Kyle's ring is still tied to his genetic template or not since Rebirth.
                    Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

I'd say that such a thing - a ring tied to the user's genetic template - it's easier to be left as it is than changed, moreover now that it is no longer the only ring around. None'd care.

I like the first design better, even though, I find John/Hal's rings prettier.

Comment

• It would have been interesting if Kyle had remained dead (I know, Im a horrible Kyle fan) for the next Lantern to get his ring.

"Bruce Castle of Earth, you have the ability to overcome great fear, welcome to the Green Lantern Corps"

Bruce: "Cool, but why doesnt this damn ring work?"

Comment

• Why on earth would Ganthet appear in the alley behind a bar if he wasn't there for someone specific. Namely Kyle.
                        Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

• The latest issue of GLC has Ganthet claiming that he chose Kyle for a very specific reason.
                          The last fan of 1990s comics
                          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• of course he was, no one just gets the ring

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• So Kyle was there at the right moment/time/place, but I don't see any other Lantern being pick by the Guardians themselves
                              Kyle has done things not even Hal as done. reignite the CPB, restore the Guardians & therefore the GLC.
                              But also he was chosen to be ION...at first
                              so the discussion can go both ways..
                              Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

Working...
                              X