The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 01:43 PM   #2901
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Holy chit.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #2902
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP-05 View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I was looking forward to this trailer and read reports about the footage shown and D23 and I'm a bit disappointed by this trailer because I didn't get to see the Ant-Man clip and no footage of Spider-Man.

Other than that, the trailer is amazing. I love the wide angle shot at the end where Bucky and Cap tag team on Iron man. I hate when it's a tight/close up shot where you really can't see the fighting technique.

Thumbs up!

Last edited by Darth_Primus; 11-25-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #2903
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I was looking forward to this trailer and read reports about the footage shown and D23 and I'm a bit disappointed by this trailer because I didn't get to see the Ant-Man clip and no footage of Spider-Man.

Other than that, the trailer is amazing. I love the wide angle shot at the end where Bucky and Cap tag team on Iron man. I hate when it's a tight/close up shot where you really can't see the fighting technique.

Thumbs up!
i have a feeling there saving spiderman till the film is out wich i think is a smart move since they also have black panther to focus on in film. maybe its my ocd but is it me or does panthers mask look very plain?

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #2904
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 11-25-2015, 11:33 PM   #2905
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Every Hint and Clue Hidden in the Captain America: Civil War Trailer

i'm sorry but just going off the 1st trailer i've got to say Cap is in the wrong on this one, YES Bucky wasn't in control when he killed all those people (plus Ironman's dad) BUT he still killed them, take the boy to trail and let the evidence show he's not guilty, their/there/they'res no need to go to war over a known killer Cap

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Old 11-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #2906
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:25 AM   #2907
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Old 11-26-2015, 05:52 AM   #2908
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Daredevil #1 Preview
Writer: Charles Soule
Artist: Ron Garney

Old 11-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #2909
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

I finally got to finish Jessica Jones. Really good series overall, though like Daredevil, I feel the quality dipped after a really strong start. I didn't really mind the fight scenes because they weren't really what the show was about. I think it could have used a bit more polish overall to live up to that first episode, which was pretty amazing.

One thing I was left confused about was the continuity. Is Daredevil taking place at roughly the same time? Did all of the events of DD happen before JJ? If they take place in roughly the same area, I'd expect quite a bit more bleed over than what we got.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:43 PM   #2910
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lantern View Post
I finally got to finish Jessica Jones. Really good series overall, though like Daredevil, I feel the quality dipped after a really strong start. I didn't really mind the fight scenes because they weren't really what the show was about. I think it could have used a bit more polish overall to live up to that first episode, which was pretty amazing.

One thing I was left confused about was the continuity. Is Daredevil taking place at roughly the same time? Did all of the events of DD happen before JJ? If they take place in roughly the same area, I'd expect quite a bit more bleed over than what we got.
if im not mistaken i believe the term devil of hells kitchen already existed hence the convo jones had in episode 13 highlight with claire

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #2911
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lantern View Post

They can't happen before because of Claire's involvement.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #2912
IonFan
Forum Member

all Marvel movies happen in "real-time" (but not Caps 1st one that was mostly set in the 1940's) so yes JJ is set some time after DD (or Ant-Men if you want to go by the movies)

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Old 12-01-2015, 11:25 PM   #2913
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 12-02-2015, 01:30 AM   #2914
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I hope that movie doesn't suck and there's more to it than just that freeway scene.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:23 AM   #2915
W.West

Black Panther/Cap 3 Details (SPOILERS)
Old 12-03-2015, 01:25 AM   #2916
W.West

Thor 3 Gets 3rd Writer

Quote:
Marvel Studios is bringing in a new screenwriter for Thor 3, and it’s a refreshing change of pace for the male-dominated genre. Per THR, Stephany Folsom has been tapped to pen a new draft of the script for Thor: Ragnarok, making this the third female writer brought onto a Marvel Studios project. Nicole Perlman originated the screenplay for Guardians of the Galaxy before James Gunn came on, and she’s now working on the studio’s Captain Marvel with Inside Out co-writer Meg LeFauve.

Folsom’s work includes the Black List script 1969: A Space Odyssey or How Kubrick Learned to Stop Worrying and Land on the Moon, a fictionalized drama about NASA enlisting Stanley Kubrick to fake the moon landing. Not only is she the third female writer in Marvel’s bullpen, she also marks the third writer on Thor 3 in total. Thor: The Dark World screenwriters Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle previously worked to hone the script for the third standalone Norse pic, but it appears that Marvel is looking to punch the script up even further—or maybe even take it in an entirely new direction.

The project recently landed a director in What We Do in the Shadows filmmaker Taika Waititi, and given Waititi’s background as a writer many assumed he’d have a hand in the Marvel script himself. Instead, it appears he’ll be working with Folsom to get the project where it needs to be in order to begin production next June.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #2917
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I hope with the addition of female writers for Thor 3 we'll get Enchantress and Valkyrie. I would love to see those characters. I was hoping for Enchantress in The Dark World instead of Jane Foster.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:35 PM   #2918
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Knowing Disney they'll insist to cross promote their new wave of female leads and Jane Foster will become Thor at the end and for Phase 4.

~M~
Old 12-03-2015, 11:41 PM   #2919
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Others share in that opinion.

Back in May, one of the people I follow on YouTube, Grace Randolf says as much.

Female Thor is Jane Foster! And Natalie Portman in Thor 3 Ragnarok 2017? - Beyond The Trailer

+ YouTube Video
Old 12-04-2015, 01:42 AM   #2920
W.West

Chris Hemsworth doesn't seem like he's going to be a mega star anytime soon so I doubt he'll give up that kush gig if they don't have to go there.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #2921
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

How many Thor stories are there that are good that could fit this cinematic universe though if they don't go the route of replacing Thor and even Capt. America? I think a female Thor is just as likely as Falcon taking over for Cap despite Bucky being in the picture.

~M~
Old 12-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #2922
W.West

We've had two movies. You think they are running low on ideas for Thor? You must not think very highly of the character.

Cap is more likely to get replaced because his movies make more and Evans would likely ask for more. Not to mention, things just seem to point in that direction anyway. There's little reason to think Thor would, especially by Jane. She barely had a role in the second one.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:10 AM   #2923
W.West

‘Creed’ Director Ryan Coogler in Talks (Again) to Helm Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’
Old 12-05-2015, 04:01 AM   #2924
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
We've had two movies. You think they are running low on ideas for Thor? You must not think very highly of the character.
I don't actually, especially if Loki plays a big part in every film. The only times I've been interested in Thor was when it was a new iteration [Ultimate, or Unworthy] or someone else holding the hammer [Thunderstrike, Beta Ray Bill, Jane, etc]. Ragnarok suggests the end for this Thor. Even if it's just short term and for one film. I think if DC/WB has success with their line of films Marvel will be playing catch up quick. It's taken three phases to get a black male lead, a female lead, etc. Disney is likely to start playing every card they can to keep interest high and to compete with whatever DC does that's seen as a success.

I mean honestly, what other villains does Thor have aside from maybe Enchantress? The ice giants and elves get old quick, Loki's been in both previous flicks... maybe the High Evolutionary? Didn't Stark clone Thor after he seemingly died for awhile? The only things I can even remember from Thor comics in the last few years was the horrible Thor vs Wolverine garbage, and Thor's battle with Galactus.

I'd like Thor more if he still had to be tethered to a human like Donald Blake or Jake Olsen.

~M~
Old 12-06-2015, 11:27 PM   #2925
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M- View Post
I don't actually, especially if Loki plays a big part in every film. The only times I've been interested in Thor was when it was a new iteration [Ultimate, or Unworthy] or someone else holding the hammer [Thunderstrike, Beta Ray Bill, Jane, etc]. Ragnarok suggests the end for this Thor. Even if it's just short term and for one film. I think if DC/WB has success with their line of films Marvel will be playing catch up quick. It's taken three phases to get a black male lead, a female lead, etc. Disney is likely to start playing every card they can to keep interest high and to compete with whatever DC does that's seen as a success.

I mean honestly, what other villains does Thor have aside from maybe Enchantress? The ice giants and elves get old quick, Loki's been in both previous flicks... maybe the High Evolutionary? Didn't Stark clone Thor after he seemingly died for awhile? The only things I can even remember from Thor comics in the last few years was the horrible Thor vs Wolverine garbage, and Thor's battle with Galactus.

I'd like Thor more if he still had to be tethered to a human like Donald Blake or Jake Olsen.

Closed Thread