Creed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creed

Any Rocky fans planning on watching this? It hits theaters November 25th.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70438

I'm actually looking forward to it. The whole concept makes a lot of sense. It finally gets Rocky out of the ring; I really liked part 6 and don't want to see that undone by him getting in the ring again. Putting Rocky in the Mickey role is a natural twist that works for me. And making a grandson of the beloved Apollo Creed? Fucking gold right there. I haven't seen anything beyond stills and I'm already rooting for this kid to win.

I just hope the movie doesn't look too slick or big budget, and is more of a nod to the first two Rocky films.

What about you guys?

Sounds like as good an idea as one could hope for in yet ANOTHER Rocky film.

Comment

I'm on board for another Rocky film.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

As long as it's compelling, I can get behind another Rocky-ish film. I've enjoyed most of the other films, so this one should at least be decent.

Comment

if its anything like the first rocky or even rocky balboa i can get behind this but if this is going to be rocky 5 fuck it
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I'll definitely see it, though I can't guarantee it will be in theaters since lately I find a lot of excuses not to go to the movies even when it's something I was "sure" I would see on the big screen.

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
              if its anything like the first rocky or even rocky balboa i can get behind this but if this is going to be rocky 5 fuck it
              1, 2, and 6 for me. I love those 3. If this one is like those 3 I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
                1, 2, and 6 for me. I love those 3. If this one is like those 3 I'll be happy.
                you and me both bro

Comment

V is dogshit. III and IV just lost all the magic and what made Rocky special. Once he is the champ and rich, Rocky isn't an underdog anymore. I don't need to see him win so he can keep putting mink coats on his wife, and him getting revenge for dead loved ones isn't enough.

Comment

I own them all and I like every one but 5 and even that there are a few cool moments (the street fight). #4 is corny, but how can you not have fun with 'merica vs. the evil commies?

Comment

I'm not sure if I want this film's soundtrack to be nothing but Apollo Creed songs sung by the actual band Creed.
                      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Rocky Comes Out of Retirement in First Official CREED Synopsis

Check out the official Creed synopsis below, via Warner Bros. Coogler co-wrote the screenplay with Aaron Covington and Stallone also acts as a producer on the film. Creed will open in theaters on November 25th.

From Warner Bros. Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures comes award-winning filmmaker Ryan Coogler’s “Creed.” The film explores a new chapter in the “Rocky” story and stars Academy Award nominee Sylvester Stallone in his iconic role. The film also reunites Coogler with his “Fruitvale Station” star Michael B. Jordan as the son of Apollo Creed.

Adonis Johnson (Jordan) never knew his famous father, world heavyweight champion Apollo Creed, who died before he was born. Still, there’s no denying that boxing is in his blood, so Adonis heads to Philadelphia, the site of Apollo Creed’s legendary match with a tough upstart named Rocky Balboa.

Once in the City of Brotherly Love, Adonis tracks Rocky (Stallone) down and asks him to be his trainer. Despite his insistence that he is out of the fight game for good, Rocky sees in Adonis the strength and determination he had known in Apollo—the fierce rival who became his closest friend. Agreeing to take him on, Rocky trains the young fighter, even as the former champ is battling an opponent more deadly than any he faced in the ring.
                        With Rocky in his corner, it isn’t long before Adonis gets his own shot at the title…but can he develop not only the drive but also the heart of a true fighter, in time to get into the ring?

source

http://collider.com/creed-synopsis-new-rocky-movie/

Comment

So what do you figure Rocky's "more deadly" opponent is? Cancer? Heart disease? It has to be some sort of health thing.

What are the chances that Rocky finally dies in this film, and his young protege wins the title in his memory?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                            So what do you figure Rocky's "more deadly" opponent is? Cancer? Heart disease? It has to be some sort of health thing.

What are the chances that Rocky finally dies in this film, and his young protege wins the title in his memory?
                            i saw a rocky documentary where it was mentioned rocky was going to be killed in rocky 5. but the studio said aint going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post

Maybe alzheimers or something that furthers the brain trauma storyline.

Comment

Working...
                              X