The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 5
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 5
View Poll Results: Rate GL #10
* 0 0%
** 0 0%
*** 11 35.48%
**** 10 32.26%
***** 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #26
ns2
Your Clash At Demonhead

I was enjoying it till that last page

Are you fucking kidding me

ns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #27
DocLantern
Manhunter Repairman

Liked Hal be written well (for however long that lasts), but what a simple resolution, what's the point? Still hope Sinestro ends up betraying Hal in some badass moment, but I doubt it. Cant figure out where this ridiculous new GL is going to fit into things.
DocLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #28
Kilowog
Kyle's Nude Model

I hope Sinestro stays in the indigo tribe for some 4-5 issues, but not too long. i really loved this issue and this story arc, better than the first. Indigo-1 was looking badass without her powers, and I don't know which version of her I prefer...
Kilowog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #29
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Really liked the issue.

We all knew Black Hand and the Black Lanterns would return one day. I mean, come on, don't say you didn't. Anyhow, just the one is a long way from a whole Black lantern Corps complete with CPB and Guardian. Can they even have a battery with the Anti-Monitor retconned out of existence?

The one thing I really didn't like was how effortlessly the CPB was put back together. Not even a "wow" from Hal or an offhand BS explanation from N-dude. Makes you wonder why Atrocitus doesn't just whip up a new one in RL if it's so easy ... it's not like he's wanting for any rage.

Oh, and as for why Hal can only make constructs, it's because he charged off Black Hand's simulated GL energy. It's not real GL energy, so I guess it's not as good.
Gauntlet101010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:59 AM   #30
Prime
Attention Whore

Black Hand's dead again...so there really was no long term purpose of him coming back to life and being taken in by the Indigos except to store him away for...like a year and a half-two yearsish. Hm. That...kind of sucks.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #31
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

The good:

I liked the issue enough. Decent but not great. I loved the art. Hal actually got a few interesting moments. I liked that he had to plead for Sinestro's freedom so he could have his help taking down the Guardians (until such time we discover they are under mind control).

I'm really enjoying the way Hal and Sinestro play off each other. More and more every issue. I was against this originally, but now I don't want their pairing up to stop.

The bad:

What was the fucking point of this old fart destroying the indigo central battery if he was just going to change his mind the next issue? Pretty much everything that happened this issue got us back to where we were last issue.

Why oh WHY do I have to look at black zombie rings again? Aren't there enough repetitive color rings floating around as it is? They go to all the trouble of bringing Hand back to life...just to kill him again?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #32
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Well, brigning BH back to life is what cut Necron off from the world of the living. BH is the "door to the black"; they shut the door. They had to in order to win.

I'll admit, I'd have liked to see more of BH as part of the Indio Tribe before his "inevetable) return as a Black Lantern. But he's come a long, long way from Rebirth and GL has so very few true rogues. The Reds are now anti-heroes, Larfleeze minds his own business, and the Yellows haven't been a threat since Blackest Night years ago and even before then they were pretty repetative.
Gauntlet101010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #33
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
The good:

The bad:

What was the fucking point of this old fart destroying the indigo central battery if he was just going to change his mind the next issue? Pretty much everything that happened this issue got us back to where we were last issue.

Why oh WHY do I have to look at black zombie rings again? Aren't there enough repetitive color rings floating around as it is? They go to all the trouble of bringing Hand back to life...just to kill him again?

i just hope it isnt a retcon of bn because if it is i may just pass on it and it kills me to say that because i love gl but i dont know if i can sit through another bn story again

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #34
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Everybody's too kewl to be a villain.

Except, ironicly enough, the Guardians...
Old 06-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #35
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

Geoff must be laughing is ass off

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:13 AM   #36
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
Everybody's too kewl to be a villain.

Except, ironicly enough, the Guardians...
just be glad it isnt evil star with rainbow bright colors floating around on some zombiefied unicorn dave

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #37
Espronceda
Major Force's Dinner Date

And people ask me why I want a different writer and a new direction... Nothing has changed in years: same players, same concept and stories with minor variations... It'd be nice to see some character development, new villains, less Skittles Corps, no more Guardians as villain, and Hal being the star of his own book... Is that too much to ask for?
Espronceda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #38
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espronceda View Post
And people ask me why I want a different writer and a new direction... Nothing has changed in years: same players, same concept and stories with minor variations... It'd be nice to see some character development, new villains, less Skittles Corps, no more Guardians as villain, and Hal being the star of his own book... Is that too much to ask for?
i like johns but i think he has bitten more off then he can chew. as i stated earlier i didnt read the book yet and wont till next week but even i have to agree its time for a new writter

Old 06-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #39
Espronceda

I think that having to write Aquaman , Justice League, and Green Lantern plus being CCO of DC is taking its toll. I think he's only making a real effort as a writer with Aquaman. I read somewhere that he might not be writing JL #11...

A new direction will be appreciated, hopefully by somebody that's not from 90's Marvel or Image! Although that seems to be the state of affairs these days...
Old 06-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #40
redjirachi
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

"I want..to go home."

Well, we're boned
redjirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #41
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espronceda View Post
I think that having to write Aquaman , Justice League, and Green Lantern plus being CCO of DC is taking its toll. I think he's only making a real effort as a writer with Aquaman. I read somewhere that he might not be writing JL #11...

A new direction will be appreciated, hopefully by somebody that's not from 90's Marvel or Image! Although that seems to be the state of affairs these days...
maybe they need an up and coming writter for a change. i mean hey it cant hurt that much

Old 06-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #42
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

So the revelations of how the Indigo Tribes chooses its members basically forces me to ask: Why the fuck did Ray Palmer join during Blackest Night?

Last edited by Hypo; 06-14-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #43
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
So the revelations of how the Indigo Tribes chooses its members basically forces me to ask: Why the fuck did Ray Palmer join during Blackest Night?
lol wow i totally forgot about that............

that is a good question

Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #44
Espronceda

Take your pick:

A- Johns didn't have any of this planned.
B- DC needed to sell action figures.
C- It doesn't matter because they'll say that Flashpoint changed everything.
D- This just proves that the reboot/relaunch was improvised and that's why most of the books are having origins told in those #0 to try to fix the gaffes.*
E- All of the above.

*Hey, after a "crisis" we have a mess... Wow, who could have forseen this!

Last edited by Espronceda; 06-14-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #45
redjirachi
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
lol wow i totally forgot about that............

that is a good question
Didn't he torture criminals in Cry for Justice? Yeah, he's a socio-path...
redjirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #46
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
...Makes you wonder why Atrocitus doesn't just whip up a new one in RL if it's so easy ... it's not like he's wanting for any rage...
I don't know how satisfying an answer it is, but there is a kind of logic. The Indigo battery was just broken. The RL battery and all of its contents are actually contaminated. So, picture it like the water in your house. In the former scenario your faucet was demolished, but as long as you replace it with the same kind of faucet you can still get your water. In the latter scenario, it's more like all the water coming into you house is laced with high levels of strychnine. It doesn't matter if you fix the faucet, the water is till poisoned.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #47
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
He didn't. Blackest Night still happened, but those other heroes never became deputies. (Which is for the best.)
Old 06-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #48
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD80MAC View Post
He didn't. Blackest Night still happened, but those other heroes never became deputies. (Which is for the best.)
What makes you think they never became deputies?
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #49
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Because most of Blackest Night has been heavily altered as it is. Barry would not have become the Blue Lantern, for example, as he's not a beacon of hope; he's still a new Flash, and he never died and set a heroic example. For that matter, most of the heroic Black Lanterns never died either, so they did not exist. Same goes with the White Lanterns towards the end (and most of Brightest Day). In DCnU flashbacks to Blackest Night, we've only seen Black Hand and monstrous, nonspecific Black Lanterns. Superman, Green Arrow, Firestorm, Aquaman, etc. never gained black rings because they never died.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #50
JohnMc
Green Lantern

Is it just me or is their some significance that Sinestro's text boxes are Yellow?

And with Black Hand dying and making a Black Ring does this mean a Blackest Night 2 is coming?

Last edited by JohnMc; 06-14-2012 at 11:12 PM.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote