Any interest in a board upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in a board upgrade?

It wouldn't cost too much to upgrade it. I actually just got done rebuilding the Official Highlander Board here: http://www.highlander-community.com so I have some idea what's entailed. Maybe $400 in all for the upgrade, the installation, and the skin customization. If there's interest we can look at doing a little GoFundMe or such.

Take a look at that link and you'll see what a 5.3.2 vBulletin board looks like. It's mobile friendly out of the box and has "Likes" and Facebook integration. This board has been stuck at 3.8.3 for a while now, and is no longer supported.
    Yes
    57.14%
    No
    42.86%

I'd love to see one.

~//V\\~

Comment

Maybe when traffic picks up if the next movie comes to pass. Right now there aren't enough active posters to justify to money.

Comment

yeah i fear change so i vote no, plus i like the MB as is, don't fix what isn't broke

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

When you say "no longer supported" does that mean it is in danger of breaking in some way? For my part, I'd only upgrade if the board would stop working otherwise. IMHO, it is fine the way it is, so if it isn't in danger of going away I say leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
            yeah i fear change so i vote no, plus i like the MB as is, don't fix what isn't broke
            Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            When you say "no longer supported" does that mean it is in danger of breaking in some way? For my part, I'd only upgrade if the board would stop working otherwise. IMHO, it is fine the way it is, so if it isn't in danger of going away I say leave it alone.
            Agreed. It works on my iPad.

Comment

Yo.

part of me doesn't wanna see the board change cuz I rather like how it looks (which is the "Old Man User" in me talking), but I gotta admit I *do* like the design layout for the OHB and am curious for how that would look here given our color schemes.......

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                When you say "no longer supported" does that mean it is in danger of breaking in some way?
                It means that it is susceptible to every hack/exploit that has been out there since 2013 and going forward. So it could break and it wouldn't be supported.

Comment

If it's subject to hacks, it's a no-brainer. Upgrade. GoFundMe.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Working...
                  X