No announcement yet.

MINE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see how well they communicate between the books.

Comment

...I don't know how I feel about this.

Comment

The entire Threshold/Larfleeze plot stinks to high heaven. First Sayd dies in GL:NG when Kyle goes to Larfleeze to learn avarice seconds before the Third Army zombies attack. The orange ring has always been shown to have semi-intelligent constructs, making Agent Orange able to stay on his home planet and send out his Orange Corps to do his bidding, even somehow seeing through his constructs (see the Blue Lantern Odym arc).

In GL:NG Larfleeze's constructs were kept to a minimum as Larfleeze abused Sayd as his personal Guardian. So she rebelled in secret and set about the entire "Ring thief" plot. Larfleeze became a conceited joke once Brightest Day was over with, and that culminated with Threshold as Larfleeze did something he had not done for a million years - leave his homeworld to deal with the "misrepresentation" of the faked telecast in person, instead of sending an Orange Construct to do it. First Sayd dies, then Larfleeze acts like a joke. Terrible snafu for continuity.

Now there's a gaping plot hole where Sayd died in GL:NG and Ganthet died in RL#20, but both are shown living in GL:NG #20. Maybe, like Hal Jordan killing Sinestro just before he absorbed the CPB on Oa and became Parallax, they'll say both Guardians used constructs to hide themselves.

Comment

Ganthet died in RL 20?

Comment

need to read RL #20 just to be sure but i don't think that was Ganthet, cause him and Sayd (who i'd like to know how she's alive when we saw her die) are both alive and well at the end of GL #20

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
              need to read RL #20 just to be sure but i don't think that was Ganthet, cause him and Sayd (who i'd like to know how she's alive when we saw her die) are both alive and well at the end of GL #20
              No. He's called Ganthet at the first part. And he has the ponytail.
              I have no idea how he or Sayd are still alive. Atty put his hand through his head.

Comment

good god do writers even talk to each other before they come up with this sh!t

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                  Ganthet died in RL 20?
                  Wow! I'm WAY behind in my reading. The only titles I read right away are the Spiderman books. Everything else goes to the "read later" pile.

Comment

I thought the lantern that died was just a random guy, I'll have to go and reread that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                      Wow! I'm WAY behind in my reading. The only titles I read right away are the Spiderman books. Everything else goes to the "read later" pile.
                      I read most of my weekly comics by the likelihood of discussion on this board (so I'm not behind the news). I always read GL titles first (I'd do that even if I couldn't get online), then books with GLs in them (like JLA), then Bats or Supes titles, when DC is done, I move on to any other company's books I might've gotten that week though sometimes non-new 52 DC stuff gets put in that pile too (like say Injustice). I finish them all before the next Wednesday barring very rare exceptions and trades (get to those when I get to 'em).

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        No. He's called Ganthet at the first part. And he has the ponytail.
                        I have no idea how he or Sayd are still alive. Atty put his hand through his head.
                        It's not Ganthet. He was never named as such in RL #20, nor he does have the ponytail.
                        The last fan of 1990s comics
                        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          I read most of my weekly comics by the likelihood of discussion on this board (so I'm not behind the news). I always read GL titles first (I'd do that even if I couldn't get online), then books with GLs in them (like JLA), then Bats or Supes titles, when DC is done, I move on to any other company's books I might've gotten that week though sometimes non-new 52 DC stuff gets put in that pile too (like say Injustice). I finish them all before the next Wednesday barring very rare exceptions and trades (get to those when I get to 'em).
                          I used to read the GL titles first, but I started to lose interest a few months into the NU52 where Hal was barely in his own title. This trend continued, and my interest declined with each issue. I've only read a few issues of the Wrath of the First Lantern. I didn't care for the First Lantern tormenting all the Lanterns and jerking off to their negative emotions, so I stopped reading the titles, plus I was reading the Irredeemable TPB's at the time, which is how I got behind in the first place.

Comment

I just got caught up on everything yesterday. I went to read the stuff I've let sit around for a few weeks and realized I hadn't read Red Lanterns #19, much less #20. Issues #3-5 of Threshold, and I deserve some kind of a medal for getting through those, even if I cheated by reading only a few word balloons per page.

I just wanted to be able to consider everything before the new creative teams come on next month as finished business and put away in my longboxes.

BTW, I had to start a new longbox for my GL comics. I now am on my SEVENTH GL longbox. Granted, variant covers and reprints eat up a lot of that space, just in the last 5 years. But still, I never imagined there would ever be enough lantern related comics to fill THAT many boxes.

Comment

I think I'm going to love the Orange Lantern Oath that was spoken in GL #20.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                                It's not Ganthet. He was never named as such in RL #20, nor he does have the ponytail.
                                Okay. I'll have to re-read it because I could've sworn I saw both of those things. I even remember thinking "who's the living guardian" in GL 20 and then going "oh, it is Ganthet" in RL 20. Must be projection.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                                I just got caught up on everything yesterday. I went to read the stuff I've let sit around for a few weeks and realized I hadn't read Red Lanterns #19, much less #20. Issues #3-5 of Threshold, and I deserve some kind of a medal for getting through those, even if I cheated by reading only a few word balloons per page.
                                There's the problem would putting off the bad stuff. You have to deal with it all together. I remember when I was little kid eating whatever I hated first so I could eat the good stuff last.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                                BTW, I had to start a new longbox for my GL comics. I now am on my SEVENTH GL longbox. Granted, variant covers and reprints eat up a lot of that space, just in the last 5 years. But still, I never imagined there would ever be enough lantern related comics to fill THAT many boxes.
                                I have 3 pretty full boxes but I only have about 20 variants. I think I have around 780 GL comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X