No announcement yet.

The Nintendo Thread: WiiU & 3DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I still the price is a little too high, at $199 it would be a no brainer but now I'll probably wait and see how food the third party support is.

Comment

+ YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Yo.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain.../#20e0b9e053ff

'The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild' Will Have Paid DLC, Season Pass

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Has anyone picked up the Switch? I hear the new Zelda is really good. Too bad the system is sold out everywhere, just like the NES Classic. I figured that would be collecting dust on store shelves by now.

Comment

Yo.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...mini-this-year

Sources: Nintendo to launch SNES mini this year

Major factor for NES mini discontinuation.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

My son was bitterly disappointed recently when he saved up to buy "Link to the Past" for our 2DS, only to discover that Nintendo made it so it only worked on the NEW 3DS. They insist that the 3DS (and by extension 2DS) don't have the power to run a port of a SNES game, which is odd since there are several ports of Nintendo 64 games available on the 2DS/3DS. Fortunately, we also have a WiiU, so he was able to get it for that.

Comment

Wow, that's strange. I would have thought all 3DS games worked on the 2DS till now, and have thought about getting one. That definitely means I'll have to research now.

Good heads up, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
                  Wow, that's strange. I would have thought all 3DS games worked on the 2DS till now, and have thought about getting one. That definitely means I'll have to research now.

Good heads up, thanks.
                  Well, all 3DS games DO work on the 2DS, but they have another system called the "New 3DS", which I thought just kind of upgraded the 3D aspect, but which apparently isn't wholly compatible with the 2DS like the 3DS was.

It looks like there were less than a couple dozen newer games that are exclusive to the "new 3DS", but they also made pretty much their entire library of SNES Virtual Console releases exclusive to the "new 3DS".

Other than those, everything that works on one works on the others. Certainly everything that works on the original version of the 3DS also works on the 2DS.

Comment

Is the New 3DS the same as the 3DS XL?

I still would have thought they would have worked, which is why it is strange to me, hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
                      Is the New 3DS the same as the 3DS XL?

I still would have thought they would have worked, which is why it is strange to me, hmmm
                      No, 3DS XL is just a larger size 3DS. "New 3DS" is something different (though for all I know there is a "New 3DS XL", as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        No, 3DS XL is just a larger size 3DS. "New 3DS" is something different (though for all I know there is a "New 3DS XL", as well).
                        Haha thanks

I don't think I'll understand all of these revised hardware trends lately. Making a slim version of a system was one thing, but now there are pro versions, scorpion versions, arcade editions, bell version, whistle version, etc.

I used to just not get first gen hardware, it seems like second isn't much better if it doesn't last.

Comment

Best Buy got a last batch of NES classic minis this morning, but at mine they were all ticketed already.

Comment

Mike and Ryan talked about the news of an upcoming mini SNES. Nintendo might fix some of the problems from the mini NES, but they mention scalpers already taking over-priced pre-orders. Ugh! Here's an article with the details known so far.

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 06-29-2017, 03:43 AM.

Comment

I just went back to my NES mini and am playing through the original Castlvania and I cannot beat even the first form Dracula. My timing is off or something because I keep hitting him in the face, but it's counting liking 1/30 times and I can't keep up that ratio long enough to win. I've watched like five different videos of it and I cannot see anything different than what I'm doing. So frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X