The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 10-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #26
pmjlghrs
Corps Recruit

Tanya - My understanding from what I've been able to piece together is that Kyle was delayed due to the open hand in the beginning. They had to stop production until they got the fist hand.

My assumption from there is akin to the Beatles' infamous "Butcher Cover," in that that rather than go to the expense of correcting the initial production error, they just painted rings on the open hands and produced the rest with the fist/molded ring hands. There is one variation out there I've seen a photo of that has the open hand and NO RING at all, painted or molded.
pmjlghrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #27
TanyaTate
Honored Guest

I think you're right. The promo picture I have from when he was first announced has him with an open hand.
TanyaTate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #28
pmjlghrs
Corps Recruit

All four of the Mattycollector exclusive Green Lantern Retro figures will be going on sale December 15. They had a Cyber Week sale on their previous exclusive (Green Arrow) and he went super cheap. I have a feeling the GL will be going at a discount too. As a reminder, there is Yellow Sinestro, Guy Gardner, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner.
pmjlghrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action figure, green lantern, kyle rayner, matty, retro