The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV
View Poll Results: Which Star Wars Movie is Your Favorite?
Episode I: The Phantom Menace 1 1.12%
Episode II: Attack Of The Clones 1 1.12%
Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith 12 13.48%
Star Wars (aka Episode IV: A New Hope) 11 12.36%
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back 34 38.20%
Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi 30 33.71%
Episode VII: The Force Awakens 0 0%
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi 0 0%
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2014, 04:09 AM   #2626
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 27,044
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
I really hope they do not mention this word at all at any point in the new trilogy.
They should retcon it. Luke could say that Kenobi once told him his old master believed in a kooky theory about Medacholorians and he humored him so he wouldn't have to hear anymore about it.
__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:13 AM   #2627
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

also anybody else notice that this is the first time a storm trooper isnt a clone?

makes me wonder if jj is eliminating that and just having recruits be the new army of troopers
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:18 AM   #2628
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 27,044
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
also anybody else notice that this is the first time a storm trooper isnt a clone?

makes me wonder if jj is eliminating that and just having recruits be the new army of troopers
Yeah the prequels clearly implied the troopers were all clones (and some people take "you're a little short for a storm trooper" to reinforce that), but they were clearly different sizes in the original trilogy. The emperor could easily have started taking new recruits to enlarge or replace the clone army.
__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:20 AM   #2629
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Yeah the prequels clearly implied the troopers were all clones (and some people take "you're a little short for a storm trooper" to reinforce that), but they were clearly different sizes in the original trilogy. The emperor could easily have started taking new recruits to enlarge or replace the clone army.
well what is nice is jj eliminated the whole thing hopefully. i mean yea i did like a few changes in the ot but lucas went way over board over the years. i think of all the alterations that are out i liked the 97 special edition the best. everything else after that just was a trainwreck
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:51 AM   #2630
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 27,044
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
well what is nice is jj eliminated the whole thing hopefully. i mean yea i did like a few changes in the ot but lucas went way over board over the years. i think of all the alterations that are out i liked the 97 special edition the best. everything else after that just was a trainwreck
I was thinking about that while I was watching the special edition of Blade Runner on blu ray. That copy has 5 versions of the movie and it's awesome. I don't see why Lucas can't do that with the trilogy. Offer a set that has his preferred version but include the original cut and the original cleaned up (and not in a tiny box).
__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:39 AM   #2631
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gobotron
Posts: 8,912
Blog Entries: 6
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Yeah the prequels clearly implied the troopers were all clones (and some people take "you're a little short for a storm trooper" to reinforce that), but they were clearly different sizes in the original trilogy. The emperor could easily have started taking new recruits to enlarge or replace the clone army.
Was there ever a specific reason why Palpatine stopped using the clones and chose to draft citizens? I would think that having the clones already there and ready to use would be kinda convenient, no?
__________________
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:55 AM   #2632
Michael Heide
Heide Finition
 
Michael Heide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 12,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
also anybody else notice that this is the first time a storm trooper isnt a clone?
Michael Heide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #2633
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

For the record, that is Andy Serkis you hear in the trailer


story here


https://tv.yahoo.com/news/reveal-tru...032000005.html
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #2634
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward
 
CeltiC5-27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
also this i fucking love a lot
Definitely my favorite shot of the trailer! But I was waiting for either Sub-Zero or Scorpion to come out and fight.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #2635
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,229
Default

A Shot-For-Shot Dissection Of All The Clues In The Star Wars Trailer
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #2636
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
im talking the change lucas made by making them all clones.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #2637
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,759
Default

I still don't like that lightsaber. The crossbar just strikes me as stupid and useless, and more likely to be a danger to the user than to an opponent.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #2638
Michael Heide
Heide Finition
 
Michael Heide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 12,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
im talking the change lucas made by making them all clones.
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying there's precedent for non-Stormtroopers masquerading as Stormtroopers...
Michael Heide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #2639
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I still don't like that lightsaber. The crossbar just strikes me as stupid and useless, and more likely to be a danger to the user than to an opponent.
im sure everybody else said the same thing when the double bladed saber made its debut and now everyone loves it
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #2640
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
im sure everybody else said the same thing when the double bladed saber made its debut and now everyone loves it
While I will grant that a double bladed saber also seems rather dangerous, at least it has two blades sticking straight out from the handle. People may not regularly fight with double bladed weapons like that, but they do fight with staffs that are about that long without hitting themselves.

This one has tiny blades sticking out from the sides at the base of the blade. There's no practical way to actually swing them at an opponent, as they have no reach. if your blade is forced back closer to your body, these become a SERIOUS danger to you.

No, while I'm sure this weapon will be used in cool looking battles, and the side blades will not be a problem the way the fights are choreographed, I will still think it is a stupid design.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #2641
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
While I will grant that a double bladed saber also seems rather dangerous, at least it has two blades sticking straight out from the handle. People may not regularly fight with double bladed weapons like that, but they do fight with staffs that are about that long without hitting themselves.

This one has tiny blades sticking out from the sides at the base of the blade. There's no practical way to actually swing them at an opponent, as they have no reach. if your blade is forced back closer to your body, these become a SERIOUS danger to you.

No, while I'm sure this weapon will be used in cool looking battles, and the side blades will not be a problem the way the fights are choreographed, I will still think it is a stupid design.
it was somewhat in the eu books but except that it had a 45 degree angle from the blade instead of 90, and only one quillon instead of two. i still prefer the jj version

image
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #2642
myuserid
Lantern Hex
 
myuserid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wreath
Posts: 14,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
also anybody else notice that this is the first time a storm trooper isnt a clone?

makes me wonder if jj is eliminating that and just having recruits be the new army of troopers
If you're talking about the shot of the guy on Tattoine, he may not even be a Storm Trooper. May be wearing it as a disguise.
__________________
myuserid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #2643
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
If you're talking about the shot of the guy on Tattoine, he may not even be a Storm Trooper. May be wearing it as a disguise.
or maybe a force sesitive storm trooper in a trooper bootcamp? just food for thought my friend because one we never seen it before and 2. seeing as tthey are running eith the first mcqaurie designof the storm trooper wich had a lightsaber maybe its a possibility?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #2644
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

aw this is sad


Darth Vader actor David Prowse reveals he has dementia... and that he would have loved to have been in the new Star Wars film but 'I'd have forgotten my lines'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3KUNWGNdZ
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #2645
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 14,281
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
also anybody else notice that this is the first time a storm trooper isnt a clone?

makes me wonder if jj is eliminating that and just having recruits be the new army of troopers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Yeah the prequels clearly implied the troopers were all clones (and some people take "you're a little short for a storm trooper" to reinforce that), but they were clearly different sizes in the original trilogy. The emperor could easily have started taking new recruits to enlarge or replace the clone army.
It goes without saying that by the time of the OT, the Empire wasn't relying on Clones anymore (also note that while George Lucas replaced Boba Fett's voice with Jango Fett's in his special editioning, he did NOT replace the Stormtroopers' voices with Jango Fett's voice).

The Clone Army was just to get their army up and running fast and quick and secondly to embed Order 66 to take out the Jedi... after that it was all recruits via an Academy.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #2646
myuserid
Lantern Hex
 
myuserid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wreath
Posts: 14,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
or maybe a force sesitive storm trooper in a trooper bootcamp? just food for thought my friend because one we never seen it before and 2. seeing as tthey are running eith the first mcqaurie designof the storm trooper wich had a lightsaber maybe its a possibility?
I'm just saying we don't know what that guy's story is yet, so who knows.
__________________
myuserid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #2647
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It goes without saying that by the time of the OT, the Empire wasn't relying on Clones anymore (also note that while George Lucas replaced Boba Fett's voice with Jango Fett's in his special editioning, he did NOT replace the Stormtroopers' voices with Jango Fett's voice).

The Clone Army was just to get their army up and running... after that it was all recruits via an Academy.
i swear i thought one of the changes to the blu ray version was jango's voice on the troopers no? maybe im loosing it
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #2648
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 14,281
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
i swear i thought one of the changes to the blu ray version was jango's voice on the troopers no? maybe im loosing it
Nope. Just Jango over Fett's.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #2649
Fearless
Agent Orange
 
Fearless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MASShole
Posts: 21,171
Blog Entries: 23
Default

Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #2650
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 14,281
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how it was for me. So glad they're throwing the EU stuff out the window.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.