The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV
View Poll Results: Which Star Wars Movie is Your Favorite?
Episode I: The Phantom Menace 1 1.12%
Episode II: Attack Of The Clones 1 1.12%
Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith 12 13.48%
Star Wars (aka Episode IV: A New Hope) 11 12.36%
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back 34 38.20%
Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi 30 33.71%
Episode VII: The Force Awakens 0 0%
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi 0 0%
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2014, 04:09 AM   #2626
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
I really hope they do not mention this word at all at any point in the new trilogy.
They should retcon it. Luke could say that Kenobi once told him his old master believed in a kooky theory about Medacholorians and he humored him so he wouldn't have to hear anymore about it.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:13 AM   #2627
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

also anybody else notice that this is the first time a storm trooper isnt a clone?

makes me wonder if jj is eliminating that and just having recruits be the new army of troopers

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:18 AM   #2628
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
also anybody else notice that this is the first time a storm trooper isnt a clone?

makes me wonder if jj is eliminating that and just having recruits be the new army of troopers
Yeah the prequels clearly implied the troopers were all clones (and some people take "you're a little short for a storm trooper" to reinforce that), but they were clearly different sizes in the original trilogy. The emperor could easily have started taking new recruits to enlarge or replace the clone army.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:20 AM   #2629
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Yeah the prequels clearly implied the troopers were all clones (and some people take "you're a little short for a storm trooper" to reinforce that), but they were clearly different sizes in the original trilogy. The emperor could easily have started taking new recruits to enlarge or replace the clone army.
well what is nice is jj eliminated the whole thing hopefully. i mean yea i did like a few changes in the ot but lucas went way over board over the years. i think of all the alterations that are out i liked the 97 special edition the best. everything else after that just was a trainwreck

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:51 AM   #2630
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
well what is nice is jj eliminated the whole thing hopefully. i mean yea i did like a few changes in the ot but lucas went way over board over the years. i think of all the alterations that are out i liked the 97 special edition the best. everything else after that just was a trainwreck
I was thinking about that while I was watching the special edition of Blade Runner on blu ray. That copy has 5 versions of the movie and it's awesome. I don't see why Lucas can't do that with the trilogy. Offer a set that has his preferred version but include the original cut and the original cleaned up (and not in a tiny box).
Old 11-29-2014, 05:39 AM   #2631
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Question

Quote:
Was there ever a specific reason why Palpatine stopped using the clones and chose to draft citizens? I would think that having the clones already there and ready to use would be kinda convenient, no?
Old 11-29-2014, 05:55 AM   #2632
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Michael Heide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #2633
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

For the record, that is Andy Serkis you hear in the trailer

story here

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/reveal-tru...032000005.html

Old 11-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #2634
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
also this i fucking love a lot
Definitely my favorite shot of the trailer! But I was waiting for either Sub-Zero or Scorpion to come out and fight.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #2635
IonFan
Forum Member

A Shot-For-Shot Dissection Of All The Clues In The Star Wars Trailer

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #2636
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
im talking the change lucas made by making them all clones.

Old 11-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #2637
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I still don't like that lightsaber. The crossbar just strikes me as stupid and useless, and more likely to be a danger to the user than to an opponent.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #2638
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
im talking the change lucas made by making them all clones.
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying there's precedent for non-Stormtroopers masquerading as Stormtroopers...
Michael Heide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #2639
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I still don't like that lightsaber. The crossbar just strikes me as stupid and useless, and more likely to be a danger to the user than to an opponent.
im sure everybody else said the same thing when the double bladed saber made its debut and now everyone loves it

Old 11-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #2640
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
im sure everybody else said the same thing when the double bladed saber made its debut and now everyone loves it
While I will grant that a double bladed saber also seems rather dangerous, at least it has two blades sticking straight out from the handle. People may not regularly fight with double bladed weapons like that, but they do fight with staffs that are about that long without hitting themselves.

This one has tiny blades sticking out from the sides at the base of the blade. There's no practical way to actually swing them at an opponent, as they have no reach. if your blade is forced back closer to your body, these become a SERIOUS danger to you.

No, while I'm sure this weapon will be used in cool looking battles, and the side blades will not be a problem the way the fights are choreographed, I will still think it is a stupid design.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #2641
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
While I will grant that a double bladed saber also seems rather dangerous, at least it has two blades sticking straight out from the handle. People may not regularly fight with double bladed weapons like that, but they do fight with staffs that are about that long without hitting themselves.

This one has tiny blades sticking out from the sides at the base of the blade. There's no practical way to actually swing them at an opponent, as they have no reach. if your blade is forced back closer to your body, these become a SERIOUS danger to you.

No, while I'm sure this weapon will be used in cool looking battles, and the side blades will not be a problem the way the fights are choreographed, I will still think it is a stupid design.
it was somewhat in the eu books but except that it had a 45 degree angle from the blade instead of 90, and only one quillon instead of two. i still prefer the jj version

Old 11-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #2642
myuserid
Lantern Hex

Quote:

If you're talking about the shot of the guy on Tattoine, he may not even be a Storm Trooper. May be wearing it as a disguise.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #2643
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
If you're talking about the shot of the guy on Tattoine, he may not even be a Storm Trooper. May be wearing it as a disguise.
or maybe a force sesitive storm trooper in a trooper bootcamp? just food for thought my friend because one we never seen it before and 2. seeing as tthey are running eith the first mcqaurie designof the storm trooper wich had a lightsaber maybe its a possibility?

Old 11-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #2644
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

aw this is sad

Darth Vader actor David Prowse reveals he has dementia... and that he would have loved to have been in the new Star Wars film but 'I'd have forgotten my lines'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3KUNWGNdZ

Old 11-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #2645
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:

Quote:
It goes without saying that by the time of the OT, the Empire wasn't relying on Clones anymore (also note that while George Lucas replaced Boba Fett's voice with Jango Fett's in his special editioning, he did NOT replace the Stormtroopers' voices with Jango Fett's voice).

The Clone Army was just to get their army up and running fast and quick and secondly to embed Order 66 to take out the Jedi... after that it was all recruits via an Academy.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #2646
myuserid
Lantern Hex

Quote:
or maybe a force sesitive storm trooper in a trooper bootcamp? just food for thought my friend because one we never seen it before and 2. seeing as tthey are running eith the first mcqaurie designof the storm trooper wich had a lightsaber maybe its a possibility?
I'm just saying we don't know what that guy's story is yet, so who knows.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #2647
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It goes without saying that by the time of the OT, the Empire wasn't relying on Clones anymore (also note that while George Lucas replaced Boba Fett's voice with Jango Fett's in his special editioning, he did NOT replace the Stormtroopers' voices with Jango Fett's voice).

The Clone Army was just to get their army up and running... after that it was all recruits via an Academy.
i swear i thought one of the changes to the blu ray version was jango's voice on the troopers no? maybe im loosing it

Old 11-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #2648
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
i swear i thought one of the changes to the blu ray version was jango's voice on the troopers no? maybe im loosing it
Nope. Just Jango over Fett's.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #2649
Fearless
Agent Orange

Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #2650
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how it was for me. So glad they're throwing the EU stuff out the window.