Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Animal Thread (cuteness, bravery, animal justice, and the fantastique)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humpback whales seize chance to sing in Alaska's cruise-free COVID summer
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• My family's older dog will have to be put to sleep tomorrow. I came home last night and we could barely get her off the couch, and when we did she fell onto the floor and crawled into her dog bed. The couch was soaked in urine and she can barely walk, won't eat or drink, has been deaf for a while and we are certain she is now blind.

It's only two years since the last time we lost a dog and this girl has to sign off at 14. More than a decade of love after her previous owner abused her and disowned her, but these are terrible circumstances under which we are losing her.

Comment

• Sad. A close friend recently had almost the exact same situation (old dog with long-standing health problem basically stopped getting around).

My cat is now 17 and has a thyroid problem and I hope so much that she can die peacefully some day without getting worse or having to be put down, but often that's not the compassionate option.

Comment

• I came home and saw the old girl in her bed. Vet told my parents she had a small stroke that fucked her balance center in her brain and she wasn't eating because of the nausea. She's eating/drinking again, can stumble about, and is in generally better condition and steadily recovering (about a week and she'll be normal again).

This is a huge relief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
            I came home and saw the old girl in her bed. Vet told my parents she had a small stroke that fucked her balance center in her brain and she wasn't eating because of the nausea. She's eating/drinking again, can stumble about, and is in generally better condition and steadily recovering (about a week and she'll be normal again).

This is a huge relief.
            Yay! That makes me happy. It also makes me think you have a pretty good vet, to take the time to diagnose that and give you a decent prognosis.

Comment

• Trump is stripping protections from Alaska's Tongass National Forest

Comment

• https://www.news24.com/witness/lifes...thday-20201217

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Smallest reptile on earth discovered in Madagascar

Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 02-05-2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• My older cat has put on a couple pounds in the past few months, but he's still the surly devil he's always been. I need to buy a leash and harness for him so that I can take him for walks when the weather improves.

Comment

• I feel sorry for Snowflake, his owners abandoning him to vacation in Cancun while their state is under threat from severe weather and the crises spawned by it.

Comment

• https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...o-farm-animals

Orwell might actually not mind this particular animal farm.

Comment

• Somebody shot the man walking Lady Gaga's dogs, nearly killing him and making off with the two French bulldogs presumably for ransom. Man was in critical condition in the hospital last I heard.

Comment

• UPDATE: dogs recovered, investigation continues

Comment

• Yep, even though the woman who found the dogs and handed them to the police didn’t know about it, Lady Gaga is apparently still planning to giving her the $500,000 reward.

I read the two French Bulldogs are estimated to be worth $10,000 each. That must be some pedigree.

Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 02-28-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X