X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locke & Key

Locke & Key: Clockworks #1 Preview

Locke : Key: Clockworks #1 (of 6)
    Joe Hill (w) • Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c)
    Colonel Adam Crais's minutemen are literally trapped between a rock and a hard place; in the first days of the Revolutionary War, they find themselves hiding beneath 120 feet of New England stone, with a full regiment of redcoats waiting for them in the daylight... and a door into hell in the cavern below. The black door is open, and it's up to a 16-year-old smith named Ben Locke to find a way to close it. The biggest mysteries of the Locke & Key series are resolved as Clockworks opens, not with a bang, but with the thunderous crash of English cannons.
    FC • $3.99 • 32 Pages
    Only 12 issues of Locke & Key left!
    'Clockworks' is the beginning of the end for 'Locke & Key'

So anyone else been reading this? I think it's one of the best supernatural/horror comics on the market right now (after all what else would you expect from the son of Stephen King?) and if you have any interest in the genre at all I recommend picking it up.
    Hypo
    Lil' Leaguer
    Last edited by Hypo; 07-20-2011, 06:57 AM.

Just binge read every available issue.... so bummed I missed out on it until right before it's all wrapped up.

So good.

Comment

It's an interesting setting for a horror comic. Is this a followup miniseries?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
        It's an interesting setting for a horror comic. Is this a followup miniseries?
        Naysay bumped a thread I made two years ago lol. The series consists of 6 6 issue miniseries:

1) Welcome to Lovecraft
        2) Head Games
        3) Crown of Shadows
        4) Keys to the Kingdom
        5) Clockworks
        6) Omega

Plus a few one shots. Omega is the final miniseries and is currently on issue 3. Highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
          Naysay bumped a thread I made two years ago lol. The series consists of 6 6 issue miniseries:

1) Welcome to Lovecraft
          2) Head Games
          3) Crown of Shadows
          4) Keys to the Kingdom
          5) Clockworks
          6) Omega

Plus a few one shots. Omega is the final miniseries and is currently on issue 3. Highly recommend.
          Hell yea I did cus I just got around to reading them all (well up to Omega #3).

IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD!

And then I found out it's being adapted into a Film Trilogy.

HELL YEA!

Comment

It is a great series, it's a shame that more people aren't reading it.

Comment

Are the 5 out of 6 miniseries available in trades?

Comment

Yessir they are. Buy 'em!

Comment

It is a great series, it's a shame that more people aren't reading it.
                  I'm assuming you have but...
                  Have you seen the trailer for the FOX Pilot that never got picked up????

It's so good! IT makes me hate Fox so much more than I already do!

Comment

Oh and I also just learned that the author is Steven King's kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                      I'm assuming you have but...
                      Have you seen the trailer for the FOX Pilot that never got picked up????

It's so good! IT makes me hate Fox so much more than I already do!
                      I have indeed, I was pretty disappointed when it wasn't picked up.

Comment

I have indeed, I was pretty disappointed when it wasn't picked up.
                        The only reason I'm a little glad it's bein optioned as a trilogy is casting.

You can't have a show about a story like this where one of your main characters is a little kid. The story only covers about a year but in the amount of time it would take to tell that story that kid will age 3 or 4 years. If not more.

So maybe if it's a film trilogy it's less of a problem? Or maybe it never gets made...

Comment

I don't feel like being done with this.

Comment

That good? Do I want to read the trades in order if I find them?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                              That good? Do I want to read the trades in order if I find them?
                              Oh man... if you read them out of order they would make zero sense.

I mean you'd probably be able to figure it all out but.... hooo....

yea read em in order.

Comment

Working...
                              X