Green Lantern Blu-ray and DVD on 10/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
    The first half is good, it just gets really hollow when he gets back to Earth until the end of the movie.

I'd be really surprised to see any kind of director's cut. Any scenes with CGI would have ended up on the cutting room floor before they had any real work done to them. I doubt this will be like Daredevil, where an attempt was made to fix the movie. WB is just going to cut their losses and move on.
    Additional scenes wouldn't have to be CGI scenes necessarily. Scenes from their childhood connecting Hal, Hector and Carol would involve no CGI and possibly the John Stewart cameo.
    COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

I think It will depend on DVD sales. I say if the first release of the Basic version dose well then,later down the road the will fire up a special edition. Ton's of crazy movies get special editions.
      Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

I hope a 3-disc blu-ray edition comes out..i would love something like that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
          I think It will depend on DVD sales. I say if the first release of the Basic version dose well then,later down the road the will fire up a special edition. Ton's of crazy movies get special editions.
          yup , they did that with watchmen if i'm not mistaken.

Comment

And Watchmen had a budget of 150 million, and didn't even make 200 million oversees!

Comment

I'm guessing the release will be pretty barebones. The film, some commentaries, and maybe a few "special features" with Dan DiDio "confusing" Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner again.
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Once again WB is full of fail!

Comment

Originally posted by LanternJake View Post
                  yup , they did that with watchmen if i'm not mistaken.
                  But Watchmen was basically begging for an extended cut. For one, everybody already knew that Snyder had filmed a much longer movie that he was forced to cut to get more daily showings in theaters. His version (and I agree) flows much better with the longer running time.

There are no such tales with Green Lantern. We haven't heard anything about some longer cut that the director fought for, but was forced by WB to shorten.

If I had to guess, there will be some deleted scenes on the dvd, but nothing added to the running time of the film itself.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                    I'm guessing the release will be pretty barebones. The film, some commentaries, and maybe a few "special features" with Dan DiDio "confusing" Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner again.

Yeah...when i saw Didio do that....all i could do was shake my head and say.."fool"

Comment

If I were to guess, if the initial sales of the DVD/BD prove worthy, we'll see something more "special" next year but as someone else said, as of yet there have been no reports that confirmed a decent number of scenes were filmed/completed but cut from the film to even add back into the theatrical cut. I HOPE there are though.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                        Shh. Don't let West hear you badmouth DiDio.

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                        But Watchmen was basically begging for an extended cut. For one, everybody already knew that Snyder had filmed a much longer movie that he was forced to cut to get more daily showings in theaters. His version (and I agree) flows much better with the longer running time.

There are no such tales with Green Lantern. We haven't heard anything about some longer cut that the director fought for, but was forced by WB to shorten.

If I had to guess, there will be some deleted scenes on the dvd, but nothing added to the running time of the film itself.
                        As it should be. Director's cuts should only be when they actually exist: where the studio or MPAA forced a cut the director didn't want.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          Shh. Don't let West hear you badmouth DiDio.
                          Eh? I wasn't badmouthing. Merely stating the facts. I figured that whole escape was common knowledge by now.
                          The last fan of 1990s comics
                          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

What exactly did DiDio say?

Green since 1974!

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                              What exactly did DiDio say?
                              From my understanding, Didio was being interviewed for a feature on the DVD and while he kept mentioning Hal, they showed pictures of Kyle Rayner or some stupid shit like that will give any Didio hater a reason to scream.

Comment

If it isn't a directors cut I'll have to hold off and see what extras it has (commentary etc.) before buying it. I have no intention of picking it up if it's merely the same movie I saw in theaters.

Comment

Working...
                                X