The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 04-06-2021, 08:59 PM   #701
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I think the prosecutors in the Chauvin trial have figured out how to convict a cop of something. You put the police chief on the witness stand and make him say whether the cop violated department policy.

That puts the onus on the chief, which is where it should be.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:33 AM   #702
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
I think the prosecutors in the Chauvin trial have figured out how to convict a cop of something. You put the police chief on the witness stand and make him say whether the cop violated department policy.

That puts the onus on the chief, which is where it should be.
I agree chauvin needs to do some kind of prison time but the difficult part is proving premeditated murder. Sadly we as people aren't mind readers. One thing from the new info is why didnt floyd do what was asked by the clerk twice to talk with his manager? All this could of been avoided had he done so i am also not saying floyd deserved it but people need to make wiser decisions when they have the opportunity. No matter how this ends theres always 1 idiot who will start a riot. Ive said for years as a pro cop person if you really want yo cause a scare any officer who does what chauvin did should lose there union representative. A union representative would be used to protect said officer. In my heart im glad officers are on the stand distantcing themselves from chauvin because people like him ruin the image of cops who are good people. Right now theres a war on cops but in my state of Illinois the govenor just passed a anti felon discrimination bill meaning when you apply for a job they cant ask if your a felon. Now my concern is does this include schools with kids when applying for a teaching gig?Or is this for jobs like big chain stores like walmart target walgreens ect? It Just shows how ass backwards Illinois has become. Another new law passed is where non violent offenders wont do any time and cash bail is eliminated. I currently live next door to 2 heroin addicts with felony history. So basically drugs prostituion theft breaking and entering aren't considered violent offenses. Its gotten to a point where i have a weapon in every room. Do i want to do that? No but between the riots last year and my neighbors id rather be safe than sorry

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 04-07-2021 at 03:06 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:20 PM   #703
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Tucker Carlson completely rewrites January 6th Capitol Hill attack in defense of traitors

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote