What Book Are You Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Book Are You Reading?

Since we have one for movies and music, I thought maybe it would be fun to have one for books as well. So, what book are you reading?

Right now I'm reading Wizard and Glass. It's book IV in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Really enjoying the series so far.

John Stewart Mill - On Liberty

Plato - The Phaedo
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

I read several books at once actually. Yeah I know I'm a weird dude.

I just finished " World War Z" by Max Brooks> Fucking EXCELLENT!!! I went through it in 2 days. Yeah, it;s that damn good.

Right now I am working on.

"When will Jesus bring the Porkchops" by the late great George Carlin

" Hannibal Rising" by Thomas Harris

"Legacy of the Force: Betrayal" by Aaron Allison. First book in the Star Wars Legacy of the Force series.

Comment

Dresden Files: Dead Beat by Jim Butcher.

Comment

I'm reading a bunch of "failed" movie scripts including JJ Abrams "Superman".

Comment

I'm currently rereading S.D. Perry's novelization of Resident Evil 3, ie Resident Evil: Nemesis (Book 5).

Comment

I'm trying to read Brisingr right now. I have no time.

Comment

I'm currently rereading the Absolute Edition of Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons!

After that, I plan to locate my copy of Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind, so I can start reading the Sword of Truth series from the beginning, as I'm starting to forget a lot of what happened in the early books.

Comment

I'm currently reading "Star Trek: Corps of Engineers - Wounds".

I read basically everything Star Trek. This series is OK. I didn't read it the first time around (this is a collection) because it was only available in e-book format, and I refused to support that for a few reasons.

(Please ignore the rest of this post if you have no interest in hearing me rant about Star Trek e-books, which have, thankfully, been discontinued)

One, I'd have to sit at my desktop computer and read it off the screen, because I don't have anything more portable to view it on (and originally they didn't even offer them in a format that worked with portable viewers- that may have changed by now).

Two, when you go to purchase an "e-book", they don't tell you a page count. Most of these were 75-pages or less, even if it required breaking a story into 3 or 4 parts to make each one that short. Mighty deceptive if you ask me, since that makes them more of an "e-short-story", which was not, IMHO, worth the price they were charging, considering that most of their novels are around 300+ pages these days. "E-books" should cost LESS per page to produce, not MORE, given the lack of printing costs, and the inconvenience of the format to many of their readers...

Comment

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill. I bought it last spring and lost it on a train. Today, I found it in a bargain bin for 3.50€, which is about a third of what I paid last year. Great book so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                      Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill. I bought it last spring and lost it on a train. Today, I found it in a bargain bin for 3.50€, which is about a third of what I paid last year. Great book so far.
                      Let me know what you think about it when you finish it. I got about half-way through and put it down. Don't know why, I just couldn't get into.

Comment

Currently on my 10th re read of The Wheel Of Time, Book 8, Path Of Daggers. It's a strange part of the series, the events in the book takes place mostly at the exact same time. Parts cut off in the middle of a sentence and pick up 2 or 3 chapters later finishing the thought and going on with the events. It's really the only complaint I have about the series, in books 8 and 10 he tries to show reactions to same day events all around his world. And he dose it by cutting off in a spot then picking up at that spot later instead of finishing it and going to the next chapter and just making a statement that says it's all on the same day or something. Between book 9 and the beginning of book 11 only 12 days have past and some of it seems really really slow. It's really the only major complaint the critics have on the series as well, how slow the progress is in the later books. But everything was building to book 12 the final in the series which comes out this fall (hopefully) so it's understandable and everything he lingers on is required for the story, it just seems to drag is all

Over all I do recommend this series to anyone who loves fantasy it's a interesting blend of fantasy mythology, legend and religion. The story is based in a world that according to the author is supposed to be our world. In A Age yet to come, a Age Long Past, For their are neither beginning nor endings to the turning of the Wheel Of Time.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Right now I am reading "Hawthorne" from Arcadia Publishing!

One of the best books I have ever, EVER read!

Here is the link to it:

http://www.amazon.com/Hawthorne-Imag...1789741&sr=8-2

Comment

Originally posted by Donsmith1974 View Post
                            Right now I am reading "Hawthorne" from Arcadia Publishing!

One of the best books I have ever, EVER read!

Here is the link to it:

http://www.amazon.com/Hawthorne-Imag...1789741&sr=8-2
                            Hey, I know the guy that wrote that one.....

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                              Hey, I know the guy that wrote that one.....
                              *cough cough* Shameless plugging... *cough cough*

Comment

Working...
                              X