Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Green Lantern rank on your list of favorite comic book movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Class only had a couple of bad bits for me. Havok did fuck all. He didn't need to be there also (Darwin's death was retarded. He spent 10 minutes showing us he couldn't die...and then he dies). There was one line that was terrible "don't kill us, we're normal. Kill the freaks but not us." made no sense at all. Really stuck out since no other line was like that. Shame but it was a tiny flaw that stuck out. Other than that it rawked.
    Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
      First Class only had a couple of bad bits for me. Havok did fuck all. He didn't need to be there also (Darwin's death was retarded. He spent 10 minutes showing us he couldn't die...and then he dies). There was one line that was terrible "don't kill us, we're normal. Kill the freaks but not us." made no sense at all. Really stuck out since no other line was like that. Shame but it was a tiny flaw that stuck out. Other than that it rawked.
      I don't remember that "we're normal" line. I'll have to catch that when it comes to blu ray. As far as Darwin's death... well, it was just a plot device to demonstrate the danger of Shaw and his crew.

One of the most riveting scenes in the film was when Erik was in Argentina and has a drink in the bar. That scene was very well paced and the action was jaw dropping. If Mags would have stayed on Charles side, he could have been the prequels "Wolverine."
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I'll separate the heroes and limit it to the live action features I enjoyed out of franchises:

Batman Begins > Batman '89 > The Dark Knight > Batman '66 > Batman Returns

Superman > Superman II > Superman Returns

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze

Conan the Barbarian > Conan the Destroyer

Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Constantine

Blade > Blade II

Green Lantern

The Crow

Thor

X2 > X-Men

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
          You could argue that logic with any movie!
          That's my story and I'm stickin' with it!

Comment

OK Here is my list. I stuck with top 25. GL made it in my Top Ten!

1. Superman: The Movie
            2. The Dark Knight
            3. Iron Man
            4. Batman Begins
            5. Spider-Man
            6. Batman ‘89
            7. Watchmen
            8. Kick Ass
            9. The Rocketeer
            10. Green Lantern
            11. Iron Man 2
            12. Superman II
            13. Spider-Man 2
            14. From Hell
            15. Superman Returns
            16. 300
            17. Batman 2 Returns
            18. Hellboy
            19. Thor
            20. X-Men
            21. X-Men: First Class
            22. Constantine
            23. V For Vendetta
            24. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
            25. The Incredible Hulk

Comment

1. green lantern emerald knights

2. xmen the movie

3. ironman

4. blade

5. jla new frontier

6 thor

7. batman begins

8. the dark knight

9. green lantern first flight

10. spawn the animated movie
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

....some days I feel like the only person in the World who loves this movie . . . .

#1 The Dark Knight
                #2 Green Lantern
                #3 Iron Man
                #4 Iron Man 2
                #5 Batman (1989)
                #6 Spider-Man 2
                #7 Batman Forever
                #8 Batman Returns
                #9 Batman Begins
                #10 Watchmen
                #11 Kick Ass
                #12 Captain America: the First Avenger
                #13 Green Hornet
                #14 Spider-Man
                #15 X-Men: First Class
                #16 Thor
                mars396
                Major Force's Dinner Date
                Last edited by mars396; 08-12-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I've not seen the movie yet... but since Watchmen, IronMan 2, Kick Ass, Batman Begins and DareDevil are amongst my favourite Comicbook movies and you seem to put GL on par with them... I think I'll have a chance to love it

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                    The two main characters, Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr were hits of the film, and their metaphors were very faithful to the source material.
                    and all they had to do was copy the first three films for the mainstream audience to lap it up.

Moreover, the movie shows the relationship and bond between Charles and Erik, especially during the scene where Erik tries to move the sattlelite dish.
                    Oh please, it was cookie cutter movie bonding. There was nothing to truly establish any kind of moving/emotional friendship. If the first thee movies never existed or if you had never read any of the comics, you'd watch those scenes wondering why the hell these two were even bothering with each other.

The film also provided a wonderful background to Erik and his thought process. Thus making him more than a cookie-cutter bad guy that gets corrupted or is just evil for the sake of being evil.
                    Oh the background that totally and completely changed his history? Just when exactly did Shaw have anything to do with the Holocaust again?

There's real depth in the characters.
                    One of the most laughable things I have ever read about "First Class." The only thing "deep" about the movie was the exact depth any number of the execs were in January Jones to convince them to cast her in the flick.

Additionally, there are some poetic moments in the film like when Erik returns the nickel back to Shaw. That was cool. Moreover, Erik the Nazi hunter was pretty back ass.
                    yeah I liked the nazi hunting bits. We can agree on that.

The pace of film is well done, as it allows for character developments and builds towards the climatic ending.
                    I'm beginning to think we must have seen different versions of the movie.

The script also allows the audience to ponder the moral issues posed by Erik, which is, in light of the Nazi holocaust, should mutants wipe out normal humans to ensure the safety of their species and prevent a mutant holocuast?
                    Ground already covered in the first films.

The script also is faithful with the source material in one of the major themes, and that's being able to be who you are without fear or repercussions. A theme constant the X-Men comic book. Mystic was symbolic of this theme.

Well assuming you can get past how the producers (again) totally said "fuck it" and rewrote her history, I'm glad you can say it was faithful to ONE of the major themes because it was fuck all faithful to anything else.

In short, the film's themes are in sync with the source material, there are wonderful acting performances and great chemistry between the characters, and the film is engrained with excellent symbolism and metaphors.
                    The only symbolism I can think of is one of me buying a ticket to seeing this movie and one of me getting fucked up the ass.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised about X men First Class I didnt expect to like it but James McAvoy held that movie together as Xavier.I did question some of the characters names like Angel.I thought Angel was supposed angel wings not fly wings.I would have called her Firefly since she could spit acid.Darwin was the worst hero name ever.Banshee is a girls name.But besides that minor stuff is was a good film and Kevin Bacon did his thing as the villian.It was refreshing to see a good movie with very few A list movie actors.

Comment

It's in my top 3 I'd have to say. V for Vendetta is my top one though (It's tied for my favorite movie of all time.)
                        No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Originally posted by Green Spleen View Post
                          I was pleasantly surprised about X men First Class I didnt expect to like it but James McAvoy held that movie together as Xavier.I did question some of the characters names like Angel.I thought Angel was supposed angel wings not fly wings.I would have called her Firefly since she could spit acid.Darwin was the worst hero name ever.Banshee is a girls name.But besides that minor stuff is was a good film and Kevin Bacon did his thing as the villian.It was refreshing to see a good movie with very few A list movie actors.
                          Yeah, I thought maybe they would have called her Pixie or something besides Angel. And I agree about the name Darwin.

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
                          It's in my top 3 I'd have to say. V for Vendetta is my top one though (It's tied for my favorite movie of all time.)
                          V for Vendetta was pretty good. Seeing that movie made me think of a potential for The Professional II featuring Natalie Portman as a "Cleaner" taking over for Leon.
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

The Game Changers for me were 89 Batman, And the First Ninja Turtles. I Saw those movies so many times in the Theater and it was always crowded. I remember having to sit in the isle as a kid once for Turtles. Batmania and the Turtle Mania. I will never forget how big those two things were. I have yet to see a comic movie influnce the mass media loike it did with those 2.

Movies I really enjoy.
                            As far as my personal favorites and not what I consider the best of Cinema.
                            Conan
                            Iron man
                            Green Lantern
                            Thor
                            Punisher Dolph
                            The Phantom
                            The Shadow
                            The Rocketeer
                            Dick Tracey
                            Superman I & II
                            Batman mask of the Phantasam
                            Buck Rogers 30's serial
                            Judge Dredd
                            Dare Devil
                            Ghost Rider
                            X-men
                            Fantastic Four
                            Spider Man
                            Hulk
                            That is not a piticular order. Just movie I like

Movies that I can't sit through again.

The Crow all of them
                            The Nolan Batman's.
                            Watchmen
                            X2+X3 & Wolverine Origins
                            V for vendetta
                            Norton Hulk. Seriously why do people like that guy so much?
                            Smallsville.
                            Superman 3 & 4

It is wiered because people on the Net seem to like the ones I hate and love the ones I seem to think suck. But then when I talk to a general public movie fan we are usually on the soma page. With exceptions of course. No one likes that first Hulk.lol

I generally like Comic movies. It has to be pretty bad for me hate on it.
                            Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                              1. green lantern emerald knights

2. xmen the movie

3. ironman

4. blade

5. jla new frontier

6 thor

7. batman begins

8. the dark knight

9. green lantern first flight

10. spawn the animated movie

Um you didn't answer the question?

Comment

Mine is similar to Daves:

The Dark Knight
                                Iron Man (Perfect movie)
                                Kick-Ass (man I must have watched this one a 100 times already!)
                                Superman
                                Spider-Man (perfect movie)
                                Superman II
                                Watchmen
                                Batman
                                Batman Begins
                                Green Lantern (only cuz it is Green Lantern, still a poor, dull movie)
                                Green Hornet was ok
                                Daredevil
                                Thor
                                X-Men
                                The Rocketeer (one of my all-time favs! a PERFECT MOVIE, very low rated)
                                Judge Dredd
                                Scott Pilgrim vs The World
                                Swampthing
                                (and I am sure the new Captain America will be on this list soon)

I tried to like the Punisher movies, but they missed everytime. Ghost rider gets honorable mention for the effects, but Cage ruined it. (funny cuz I loved him in Kick-Ass) I am sure I missed some, so will add as I go.
                                Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Working...
                                X