• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JURASSIC WORLD WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannis View Post
      JURASSIC WORLD WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD
      was it? i was going to go today but we are having a 3rd day of very bad t-storms.
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• OH MY GOD it was sooooooo much better than what I was expecting.

The ending was super corny but phenomenal!

Comment

• It isn't a Booster Beetle review until he sums it up in his two favorite words of all time.

By the way, Space Cop, I'm tempted to watch Horror of Dracula upon seeing Gough, Cushing, and Lee are in it together.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• I would go see it in the theaters today, but that would require me to leave the House of Doom and be among...."people."

I will catch an early showing during the week when no one is around and the hype has died down somewhat.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
            It isn't a Booster Beetle review until he sums it up in his two favorite words of all time.

By the way, Space Cop, I'm tempted to watch Horror of Dracula upon seeing Gough, Cushing, and Lee are in it together.
            Lee and Cushing FTW. One of these days, I need to do a cross reference of all the movies they have been in together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
              Lee and Cushing FTW. One of these days, I need to do a cross reference of all the movies they have been in together.
              http://cinemassacre.com/2011/10/31/t...-terror-promo/

You can find all the videos on that site, but that admittedly is just the promo post. Take a piss-ton of legendary horror actors and examine how many films they're killing each other in (literally, these guys have all starred together in a load of films, so many that even film buffs will be stunned).

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                It isn't a Booster Beetle review until he sums it up in his two favorite words of all time.
                You know you love me AP

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                  . . . By the way, Space Cop, I'm tempted to watch Horror of Dracula upon seeing Gough, Cushing, and Lee are in it together.
                  Hammer did 8 Dracula or vampire movies (6 with Lee as Drac) over a twenty year span. "Horror" is the first and best. All three of those actors have prominent roles. The flick is very gothic (slow by modern standards). Lee is great at being menacing even when he's silent.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 06-15-2015, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• They were talking about Lee's passing on 93.3's Preston and Steve morning show, how he was known and cast for serious roles because of his voice and diction even though he wanted to really do comedy. And then they goofed by saying his Dooku was better than Palpatine because he wanted to destroy the Sith, using "Join me, Obi-Wan" audio clip for how similar his characters Saruman and Dooku were ("He's always asking for help!").

Had I the time and their number, I would have called in and corrected them. Dooku fucking proves he IS the Sith (apprentice role) in that same film, for pity's sake, and it's not like they were joking when they said what they did of him (well, technically I think it was one of the other guys on the show, one of their aides, but nobody in the studio disagreed about it).

But I'll have to check out Horror.

Comment

• Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (2002)

"Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing."

. . . And then they goofed by saying his Dooku was better than Palpatine because he wanted to destroy the Sith, using "Join me, Obi-Wan" audio clip for how similar his characters Saruman and Dooku were ("He's always asking for help!"). . . Had I the time and their number, I would have called in and corrected them. Dooku fucking proves he IS the Sith (apprentice role) in that same film. . .
                      Well, Dooku is always working for Sidious, BUT having just watched Ep 2 again, I have to think that when he offers for Obi Wan to join him and overthrow Sidious he is serious just like Vader was to Luke much later. (My family and I were just talking about this.) Him telling Kenobi Sidious' name and that he has control of the Senate makes no strategic sense unless he really wanted to take over (which seems to be a fatal flaw of the Sith---ruthless ambition and backstabbing).

But, yeah, he was clearly Sidious' true disciple and has a real Sith title and role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (2002)

"Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing."

Well, Dooku is always working for Sidious, BUT having just watched Ep 2 again, I have to think that when he offers for Obi Wan to join him and overthrow Sidious he is serious just like Vader was to Luke much later. (My family and I were just talking about this.) Him telling Kenobi Sidious' name and that he has control of the Senate makes no strategic sense unless he really wanted to take over (which seems to be a fatal flaw of the Sith---ruthless ambition and backstabbing).

But, yeah, he was clearly Sidious' true disciple and has a real Sith title and role.
                        Odd how we see the same thing, yet take different meanings.

At first, my understanding of that scene was exactly as you described. Maybe Dooku wanted Kenobi as an apprentice or something and actually would have done it had Kenobi agreed.

But later, I came to understand it as another move to weaken the Jedi, whom already know their power was weakening and continually going downhill. Spread fear and panic, throw a few unknown names and agendas around, and let the Jedi stew over that for a while as Sheev continues his silent rampage over the senate and ultimately, the galaxy.

I will say one thing, though- Dooku's final scene at the beginning of ROTS was a complete dick move on Palpatine's part, considering he had no actual guarantee (at that point) that Anakin would be his next apprentice. It was a huge gamble.

Comment

• Dooku was too old to continue being Palpatine's stooge. He needed a younger and more powerful servant. With all the investment he'd made in Anakin by Revenge, getting the boy to murder a defenseless old man was child's play.

Comment

• Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966)

"There'll be no morning for us."

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                            Odd how we see the same thing, yet take different meanings.

At first, my understanding of that scene was exactly as you described. Maybe Dooku wanted Kenobi as an apprentice or something and actually would have done it had Kenobi agreed.

But later, I came to understand it as another move to weaken the Jedi, whom already know their power was weakening and continually going downhill. Spread fear and panic, throw a few unknown names and agendas around, and let the Jedi stew over that for a while as Sheev continues his silent rampage over the senate and ultimately, the galaxy.

I will say one thing, though- Dooku's final scene at the beginning of ROTS was a complete dick move on Palpatine's part, considering he had no actual guarantee (at that point) that Anakin would be his next apprentice. It was a huge gamble.
                            Yeah, I took the opposite path. I too thought there could be a benefit to sewing paranoia, but if so why tell the truth? Why risk that they would put it together? Think about it, if the Jedi Council had taken Kenobi's warning seriously, the list of suspects of someone who is a Sith Lord and controls the Senate would be a pretty short list and before Order 66 and the establishment of the Empire, they could still be thwarted. The risk-benefit ratio seems unbalanced. The slight gain of making the Jedi uneasy seems nowhere near the very real threat of being revealed too early.

No, I think Dooku really meant it. If Obi-Wan had said "you have a deal," Dooku would've tried to overthrow Sidious. Mind you, he may have betrayed Obi-Wan too, but I think he would've done it anyway.

Also, I don't believe Dooku or Sidious thought Kenobi was going to make it off Genosis alive. Certainly, they tried very hard to kill him, which would've put a serious damper on the paranoia plan (dead men tell no tales). I mean if Dooku always intended to let Kenobi live so he could go tell his story, he sure acted his butt off when he came within inches of cutting him in half and then tried to crush him.

On top of that, between what we know of Vader making a similar offer to Padme and Luke and Plagueis' downfall, we have reason to believe that Sith Lords regularly betray their masters.

Dooku was too old to continue being Palpatine's stooge. He needed a younger and more powerful servant. With all the investment he'd made in Anakin by Revenge, getting the boy to murder a defenseless old man was child's play.
                            Yeah, he had his eyes on Anakin from the moment he met the kid. Once Maul was dead, I think he always planned Anakin to be his true apprentice. Dooku was just the stop-gap solution because he couldn't use an eight-year old to do what he had to do next. He neither trusted Dooku indefinitely nor had long-term plans for him. Unfortunately for Dooku, he only realized that about two seconds before losing his head.

Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 06-13-2015, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Am I the only one who had read "Star Wars and Philosophy"?

Comment

• I haven't, but I would like to, along with the Harry Potter one.

Comment

Working...
                                X