Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 20 years, will anyone care about Kyle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, they definitely do NOT have to do that.

Comment

GLC used to have plenty of stories about GLs being sent to new sectors, new planets, all to spread the rule of law for the Guardians of the Universe. Just going from Sector Zero out to the farthest reaches of their own sector would take years for most GLs. Why not stories like those?

Kyle can be sent to find out some legacy items for...wait, Baz and Cruz already did that with the "Phantom Ring / Possessed Guardian / Seven Original Power Rings" story. Argh. Okay, what about Kyle going out to the other Colors as GL ambassador? That might work.

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
        GLC used to have plenty of stories about GLs being sent to new sectors, new planets, all to spread the rule of law for the Guardians of the Universe. Just going from Sector Zero out to the farthest reaches of their own sector would take years for most GLs. Why not stories like those?...
        That would be my dream GL B-title. I used to love the backup GLC features with alien GLs.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          That would be my dream GL B-title. I used to love the backup GLC features with alien GLs.
          Back then the stories felt like they were growing the GL mythology instead of shrinking it. They introduced new alien GLs and new worlds, and by the end of the issue or backup strip, they weren't killed off.

The last decade has been a lot of putting new or old GLs on panel only for the sake of killing them off. After the SCW the corps has just gotten smaller and smaller, continuously on the verge of extinction. I miss the old days where the concept was expanding and not contracting. Now it only expands to introduce a new color or kind of ring that I did NOT ask for.

Comment

What's the current thinking? In fact, when and where was the last place Kyle even showed up?

Comment

Uh, the short story in anniversary issue?

Comment

Ron Marz is writing some event or mini crossover called Endless Winter coming soon. It kinda goes without saying Kyle will be in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                  Ron Marz is writing some event or mini crossover called Endless Winter coming soon. It kinda goes without saying Kyle will be in that.
                  I've been looking forward to that. The description sounds more like the kind of old school event crossover that I enjoyed back in the day. I hadn't even considered what GL might be in it.

Comment

Working...
                  X