No announcement yet.

Green Lanterns: Rebirth #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Sciver sent PM's in an attempt to sell comics?
    Star-Lantern
    Weaponer of Qward
    Last edited by Star-Lantern; 06-12-2016, 10:38 AM.
    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
      Van Sciver sent PM's in an attempt to sell comics?
      Oh no, I've just been in contact with him regarding a commission, so we already have had communication. I had mentioned how much I liked the art but not the story in GLs, and he told me straight out things were going to get a lot better. He's a very nice person, and an excellent artist imo.

Comment

So you thought the issue sucked, until EVS told you it DIDN'T suck...at which point you agreed with him that it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
          So you thought the issue sucked, until EVS told you it DIDN'T suck...at which point you agreed with him that it was good.
          What a presumptuous piece of shit you are. I already explained myself once, and no this time you can't barter your mom for me to repeat it. Wait,
          this is the most fun I've had in five minutes. You and Hypo are too much fun. Carry on, Big Daddy Suckpump.
          KilowogsDisciple
          Green Lantern
          Last edited by KilowogsDisciple; 06-12-2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Go ahead and ban me, fuckboy, and tell your mom to stop calling me.

Comment

Dude, this is great! Fuck you, ban me and find someone else to fuck your mom!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Comment

so let me get this straight: You read the issue You hated it, or at least hated it enough to rate it one star.

THEN, you chat with EVS, and when he appeals to you to give it a chance, in a pathetic attempt to lick his boots you decide you were wrong and now it's all great. You sir, are all kinds of awesome The best kind of comic fan. I can't tell you how much I value your opinion on the subject of comic books now.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                  What a presumptuous piece of shit you are. I already explained myself once, and no this time you can't barter your mom for me to repeat it. Wait,
                  this is the most fun I've had in five minutes. You and Hypo are too much fun. Carry on, Big Daddy Suckpump.
                  Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                  Go ahead and ban me, fuckboy, and tell your mom to stop calling me.
                  Well this still applies:

Well THAT seems like a rational response.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                    Well this still applies:
                    It certainly does.

I am STARTING to think there is something wrong with this kid. Do his parents know he is online without their permission?

Comment

I'd let this drag out for my amusement, but I don't have time for this tool today.

Enjoy your sweet, sweet taste of my banhammer:

Comment

so let me get this straight: You read the issue You hated it, or at least hated it enough to rate it one star.

THEN, you chat with EVS, and when he appeals to you to give it a chance, in a pathetic attempt to lick his boots you decide you were wrong and now it's all great. You sir, are all kinds of awesome The best kind of comic fan. I can't tell you how much I value your opinion on the subject of comic books now.
                        I'm reading this outside as I have a smoke, and I just laughed so loud it echoed into the field and forest and even pissed off the naughty dogs living two houses down. WORD. Lolololololololol

I shit you not: I found these already made up on teh intarwebs (it's like they knew I was coming)

Comment

Wowwwwwwwww

Comment

Had a busy day, but GOT just ended so I should make time to comment. The guy was clearly trying to go out in a blaze of troll glory. He went off on Hypo for no reason other than questioning his logic. Could I let that go? Sure, but the poster was itching for it and it was going to go on.

We get a lot of flack (deservedly so) for letting Tazz back again and again for sheer amusement when things were too quiet. That's on me as much as any other mod if not more. We like to play it loose and let posters have fun here busting each other's balls, but that's not what KD was going for, I assure you. I've dealt with too many TRUE trolls in my time.

Comment

Me, coming into this thread and seeing the posts of the last 24 hrs.

Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I gave the comic one star because I'm against the premise of the whole thing. I really think these new characters are completely unnecessary and ultimately detrimental and I'm not excited about seeing Green Lanterns fighting Red Lanterns. Honestly, the fight with the Sinestro Corps in the other book makes sense for how the story has been building for the past two or so years, so it seems inevitable, but this Red Lantern thing, teamed with these characters, teamed with Larfleeze, who appears on the cover of a upcoming issue, gives me the impression that this entire book is just here to stroke Geoff Johns' ego.

As for how this particular comic was executed... it was... okay-ish. The dialogue/monologues weren't bad until Baz and Cruz met, at which point I felt their rivalry was forced and unfolded way too quick for what was going on. There were instances of good art, and some awkward stuff, in my opinion. The action, what little there was, was dull and uninteresting. So, there was nothing that changed my mind about my feelings about this current direction, but the comic wasn't the worst I've ever read. I did read the preview for the upcoming Green Lanterns #1, and I just thought that was altogether bad.
                                ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Working...
                                X