A Call To Arms And Action STOP SOPA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Call To Arms And Action STOP SOPA!

I don't have access to Qward so I don't know if its being talked about there or not. However there is a MASSIVE legislative threat to free speech and internet freedom, security and functionally.

SOPA or "Stop Online Piracy Act" from the U.S. House Of Reps, along with it's sister bill from the U.S. Senate the "Protect IP Act" will destroy the internet as we know it. It totally undermines and removes the DMCA free use rules and gives corporations free license to censor the internet.

It allows a "Rights Holder" to file a claim against a website to the hosting service of that site and have it removed completely and have it blacked out via DNS Blocking along with a requirement that Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search services delist those sites from their crawlers. Sites such has Youtube, Facebook, Photobucket, Myspace, Twitter, and personal blog sites could and possible will be taken down as a result of these new regulations.

The bills in their current forms allow for no grace period, no judicial oversight and no ability to fight the copyright claim. SOPA also allows for criminal charges to be filed and sentencing to federal prison time for copyright infrindgment as specified by the "Rights Holder".

Let me make this clear, Whole sites will be taken down for a claim for content on a single page. Even if said content was user created and posted. The Sites Will Be Closed. This would also effect this site. DC or WB could make claims against the images we have on this site of their copyrighted characters.

I urge everyone to get involved, either yourself or if your underage your parents to call your federal representatives in DC. Voice your opposition to these bills.

You can find both of these bills located on this page.

http://keepthewebopen.com/sopa

Also there was a article posted that lists members of the House and Senate who have been basically bought off for their votes on these bills. There is a full list in this article. If they represent your district or state make a louder noise and tell them you do not approve of them taking money from fundraisers run by lobbyists.

Article Here http://reporting.sunlightfoundation....A-consponsors/

Darth_Andrea
    Darth_Andrea
    Owned by Natu
    Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 12-21-2011, 06:45 PM.

i talked about this for how long and people called me crazy

but hopefully everyone will wake up to you andy
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

also andy this may be old but still worth a look imo

it all ties tiogether

The Internet 'Kill Switch' Bill: What It Is, and Why It Won't Die

http://www.switched.com/2011/02/01/i...t-is-wont-die/

Comment

It's already been delayed until next year due to overwhelming opposition to the bill...and there has already been something like 30 different amendments propositioned but voted down. This sounds dismal, but it's actually a good sign that it won't make it up the pipe.

I'm more worried about compromising to get the bill passed, that never ends well but it's those compromises that get shit like this passed....well compromise or attaching it to military spending....
        Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
        Nor label his working day "cushy"
        But you might have to question
        His endless obsession
        With superpositional pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorgod View Post
          It's already been delayed until next year due to overwhelming opposition to the bill...and there has already been something like 30 different amendments propositioned but voted down. This sounds dismal, but it's actually a good sign that it won't make it up the pipe.

I'm more worried about compromising to get the bill passed, that never ends well but it's those compromises that get shit like this passed....well compromise or attaching it to military spending....
          I has not been delayed, the hearings were postponed till January 11th while Congress breaks for the holidays. That is all.

And yes SOPA may die how ever it's sister bill from the Senate "Protect IP Act" is as bad if not worse than SOPA. Both bills MUST be stopped. Otherwise were all going to be under a mountain of restrictions as to what we can put online and be safe from civil and criminal charges.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Yo.

I posted about this back in mid-Nov here in GenChat, and I think Tazz shit brixx over it a month or 2 b4 that......

not that I aint concerned, but *I am* thinking about ways to get around it.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

So, I call my representative and say, what?

Stop it.

Seriously, I don't want to look like a complete tool.
              Also, wasting their time. I don't want to do that.
              "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
              "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
              "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
              "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
              *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

Originally posted by CYLON (13) View Post
                So, I call my representative and say, what?

Stop it.

Seriously, I don't want to look like a complete tool.
                Also, wasting their time. I don't want to do that.
                Actually you wouldn't look like a complete tool, you'd be surprised at how helpful calling your representative can be.

Also: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...ation/g3W1BscR

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                  [B][COLOR="Cyan"]I has not been delayed, the hearings were postponed till January 11th while Congress breaks for the holidays. That is all.
                  Actually, they did CANCEL the last day of talks on the issue after a flood of petitions and such....it made the news last week. It wasn't JUST a scheduled break....
                  Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
                  Nor label his working day "cushy"
                  But you might have to question
                  His endless obsession
                  With superpositional pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorgod View Post
                    Actually, they did CANCEL the last day of talks on the issue after a flood of petitions and such....it made the news last week. It wasn't JUST a scheduled break....
                    that dosent mean shit though razor because how many times have people called there congressmen and doing petitions succeeded within the last 3 years?

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                      that dosent mean shit though razor because how many times have people called there congressmen and doing petitions succeeded within the last 3 years?
                      Well, there was this one time that a flood of petitions and such caused Congress to change its plans about the last day of talks over a particular issue.
                      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        Well, there was this one time that a flood of petitions and such caused Congress to change its plans about the last day of talks over a particular issue.
                        care to speak on it?

what particular issue?

Comment

I'm not worried, because this will never come into fruition. Don't get me wrong, it's completely backwards and those who tried to get the bill moving should be pointed at and ridiculed. However, the chances that will have an effect on anything is really slim.

There's a difference between worried about something that could actually happen, and being worried about something for the sake of being worried.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                            I'm not worried, because this will never come into fruition. Don't get me wrong, it's completely backwards and those who tried to get the bill moving should be pointed at and ridiculed. However, the chances that will have an effect on anything is really slim.

There's a difference between worried about something that could actually happen, and being worried about something for the sake of being worried.
                            dosent mean it still cant happen johnny

for all we know they can make it sound nice and sexy like hey let us control the internet and we will promise to stop online predators and idenitey theft.

the way to sell it to the public is based on how it sounds because if they flat out say ok heres the real intention they know for a fact a big backlash will happen.

now a days people let there congressmen and media think for them because they (people) are to lazy to go out and do the research on there own and think on there own.
                            ps. why do i get the feeling people thought this was one of my threads and now leave dissapointed?

Comment

I remember posting about this ages a go in the old gamer thread and then tazz making a thread about it in Qward and it became apart of the crazy conspiracy thread.... anyway this needs to be stooped. Carry on.
                              + YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X